The problem of cowering to and enabling SJW's

Page 1 of 13 [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:45 am

Then to be PC it should no longer be called the White House but the Orange House.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 12:03 pm

The President’s residence?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 1:00 pm

I'm starting to realize my mom is a Social Justice Warrior. She's the one who tried to tell me that women can't be sexist and that anybody who isn't white can't be racist. :roll:

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 1:11 pm

AspE wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AspE wrote:
Maybe err on the side of not flirting with racism? I don't see what's lost here.

There is no flirting with racism, there is nothing racist about saying white when you are referencing snow. When does it end? That was a rhetorical question, it seems like the answer is never. Maybe we should stop referencing snow when talking about Christmas, Why glorify a substance that causes all sort of accidents that result in injury and death? Even more then that snowflake is an insult.

What’s lost here?
Context

Why are we even asking this question on a autism forum where most of the members have faced negative consequences from being misinterpreted and often discuss crippling anxiety, a constant feeling of walking on eggshells out of fear being misinterprated.

There's no war on Christmas either. But somehow the right gets upset about it every year.

I, as a Christian, would actually rather non Christians didn't celibate it as much.
I want it to be a celebration of Jesus's birthday, not just a time to give each other crap. A non Christian has no actual reason to celebrate the purpose of the holiday, so to me it takes away from it.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 8:33 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

So where can I buy Microsoft Office Asian Edition?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 8:39 pm

The White House was originally called "The President's House."

It wasn't until 1901 when the White House officially became known as the White House.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 6:55 pm

Those names sound a little dull. I'd suggest calling it the Executive Mansion.

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2018, 11:30 pm

Social Justice Warriors and White knights are male Feminists that echo and support feminist agenda. Social Justice Warriors and White Knights are Beta male orbiters use nice guy approach to hang out with females that have Friend zoned them. The media plays a major role in creating Social Justice warriors and White knights that keep feminist society going. The media has brainwashed many people in Western society and it places too much pressure on guys to conform to a feminist society that works against them. The average woman in Western society gets bombarded by constant attention/validation on social media. The average woman is surrounding by a large network of White Knights and Social Justice Warrior and Beat Male orbiters. Other women are more critical of women and rightfully call them out.

From a young age male children are fed lies and nonsense by their parents and media and they are disempowered and told to be quiet and play the game. Females are empowered by their parents and the media and told you are worth it and you deserve better. No wonder Western society has huge issues, men have become more feminine and females have become more masculine. Social media reenforces feminist society by socially empowering women and socially disempowering the majority of men.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:02 am

Arganger wrote:
AspE wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AspE wrote:
Maybe err on the side of not flirting with racism? I don't see what's lost here.

There is no flirting with racism, there is nothing racist about saying white when you are referencing snow. When does it end? That was a rhetorical question, it seems like the answer is never. Maybe we should stop referencing snow when talking about Christmas, Why glorify a substance that causes all sort of accidents that result in injury and death? Even more then that snowflake is an insult.

What’s lost here?
Context

Why are we even asking this question on a autism forum where most of the members have faced negative consequences from being misinterpreted and often discuss crippling anxiety, a constant feeling of walking on eggshells out of fear being misinterprated.

There's no war on Christmas either. But somehow the right gets upset about it every year.

I, as a Christian, would actually rather non Christians didn't celibate it as much.
I want it to be a celebration of Jesus's birthday, not just a time to give each other crap. A non Christian has no actual reason to celebrate the purpose of the holiday, so to me it takes away from it.

I've had Christians give me crap about celebrating Christmas and if I didn't celebrate Christmas I'd have a different bunch of Christians giving me crap for not celebrating Christmas and saying I was part of the imaginary PC brigade that hates Christmas. I know I can't please everyone so I won't try. How about everyone just let everyone do what they want at Christmas?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:44 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Arganger wrote:
AspE wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AspE wrote:

What’s lost here?
Context

I've had Christians give me crap about celebrating Christmas and if I didn't celebrate Christmas I'd have a different bunch of Christians giving me crap for not celebrating Christmas and saying I was part of the imaginary PC brigade that hates Christmas. I know I can't please everyone so I won't try. How about everyone just let everyone do what they want at Christmas?

It sounds odd to say this, but it feels like appropriation. Christmas is a religious holiday, to celibate the birth of Jesus. If you don't believe he exists, or even like many think Christians are stupid, there is no reason to celebrate it.

I mean, go ahead and have fun during the season, or celebrate/create a secular holiday, but why celebrate a religious holiday, when you aren't religious? All that happens is it slowly sucks away the meaning behind the holiday until it enters obscurity.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 12:11 pm

I once told a bunch of weeaboos to f**k off when they accused me of being a racist white surpremacist just because I said I didn't mind American characters being in this one Japanese video game. I think it's funny how even Japanese people don't hate Americans as much as weeaboos do...

Anyways I don't bow down to people like that out of liberal guilt (even though I AM a liberal). I call them out on their BS.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 6:20 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
This Gap ad was pulled as it had a backlash for being racist

“meet the kids who are proving that girls can do anything’,

White people always keeping the African down. What's up with that?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 5:47 pm

NYC high school bans Nazi props from ‘Sound of Music’ production

Quote:
The Sound of Music” is about a singing family that defies the Nazi takeover of Austria. But one New York City principal believes Nazi symbols and flags have no place in her high school’s production of the Tony Award winner.

Lisa Mars of LaGuardia High reportedly ordered the props removed, though the New York City Department of Education later told the New York Daily News that the symbols and flags would still appear in two scenes. The prominent performing arts school was made legendary in the musical “Fame.”

The Third Reich symbols appear in the play in the context of the family von Trapp opposing the Nazis. LaGuardia students designed the set.

“This is a very liberal school, we’re all against Nazis,” one sophomore performer told the Daily News. “But to take out the symbol is to try to erase history… Obviously the symbols are offensive. But in context, they are supposed to be.

Bolding mine

‘Little Mermaid’ song labeled ‘misogynistic’ is dropped by Princeton a cappella group
Quote:
Disney’s beloved song “Kiss the Girl” from “The Little Mermaid” may have become the latest casualty of changing social standards in the #MeToo era.

“Kiss the Girl” has been dropped indefinitely from performances of Princeton’s male a cappella group, after a critic at the school’s newspaper blasted it for being “misogynistic and dismissive of consent.”

“By performing the song multiple times each semester, the Tigertones elevate it to an offensive and violating ritual,” said Princeton sophomore Noa Wollstein in a Nov. 26 Daily Princetonian editorial.

Disney’s beloved song “Kiss the Girl” from “The Little Mermaid” may have become the latest casualty of changing social standards in the #MeToo era.

“Kiss the Girl” has been dropped indefinitely from performances of Princeton’s male a cappella group, after a critic at the school’s newspaper blasted it for being “misogynistic and dismissive of consent.”

“By performing the song multiple times each semester, the Tigertones elevate it to an offensive and violating ritual,” said Princeton sophomore Noa Wollstein in a Nov. 26 Daily Princetonian editorial.

Brown’s guest column in The Daily Princetonian went on to apologize to “audience members for whom our performance of this song was uncomfortable or offensive.

WDOK host Glenn Anderson was quoted saying the song “seems very manipulative and wrong... in a world where #MeToo has finally given women the voice they deserve,” the newspaper reported.

“Kiss the Girl” is featured in the 1989 hit ”The Little Mermaid,” which is among Disney’s most popular animated films and an Oscar winner for best original song (“Under the Sea”).

The Tigertones have been performing it years, Brown said in his column, typically by pulling a man and woman from the audience to act out the song’s lyrics, including “a peck on the cheek.”

Wollstein’s column criticized that, too, noting “there is no way to guarantee that the random people picked from the audience are members of a happy couple who both want to act out a very public expression of affection.”

Many also blasted Noa Wollstein.

“People like you are seriously ruining good childhood memories,” said a commenter to her column named Jay.

As a touch sensative person I would not like it if I was at the play a as part of the performance some random stranger gave me a peck on the check. What I would not do is think I had been sexually assaulted. A peck on the cheek is not remotely grab her by the p****.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 9:13 pm

Arganger wrote:
why celebrate a religious holiday, when you aren't religious?
Because it's a free country and I want to. Because nothing you can do can stop me.
Arganger wrote:
All that happens is it slowly sucks away the meaning behind the holiday until it enters obscurity.
If your faith is strong, nothing I could ever do would detract from the meaning you get from Christmas.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 9:15 pm

The best way to control people is through fear. If you don't want the target audience to be terrified of you then make them terrified of a third party.

I agree that we shouldn't be cowering before SJWs. The question is, which group wants to use manufactured fear of SJWs to control us?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 5:16 pm

Gillibrand slammed for ‘future is female’ comment

Quote:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand set herself up for a wave of backlash after a ridiculous claim that the future is “female” and “intersectional.”

The New York Democrat wore her progressive cap in a tweet rife with identity politics on Tuesday, and quickly got torched by those on both sides of the political aisle, including President Donald Trump’s son.

“Our future is: Female, Intersectional, Powered by our belief in one another. And we’re just getting started,” Gillibrand tweeted.

Our future is:

Female
Intersectional