The problem of cowering to and enabling SJW's

Page 5 of 13 [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:03 pm

AspE wrote:
Maybe err on the side of not flirting with racism? I don't see what's lost here.

What's lost is freedom of expression.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The courts can demand a settlement, but they can't insist that students ever give their patronage to the business again. In the long run justice likely will prevail. :wink:

That's true. There will always be a few racist students and college administrators who won't patronize this shop because of the color of the owner's skin. But they will probably be overwhelmed by the non-racist general public, as well as those who now want to show extra support for an honorable local business that has been hounded and threatened by racist mobs. So yes, justice will likely prevail. :wink:

There Are Four Lights!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Why are we even asking this question on a autism forum where most of the members have faced negative consequences from being misinterpreted and often discuss crippling anxiety, a constant feeling of walking on eggshells out of fear being misinterprated.

Egggggggg-zactly! Oops, I shouldn't mention 'eggs', or even hint at them, because that leads to the expression 'walking on eggshells' (which you also mentioned), but that in turn leads inevitably to snowf... I mean, "sensitive people" being offended, because you are subtly implying they don't have a thick skin (which can be referred to as anything but white - all other colours are okay though), and that is an implied criticism of their level of tolerance for reality, and is also a subtle criticism of their need for safe spaces.

Holy crap, we've raised an entire generation of entitled, hyper-sensitive, out-of-touch idiots. ASPartOfMe, you are absolutely right about this even being an issue on an AUTISM website! The number of times I've "offended" someone are too many to recall, and I'll be DAMNED if I ever cave in to the cretinous demands of these precious snowflakes! Hell no! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Over my dead, effing body! You will NEVER shut me up!

On a lighter note, I too am dreaming of a white, pure, Klan-inspired Christmas. :mrgreen:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:18 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Well... I guess German needs to be banned. It's an awful language anyway.

It's better than French, Greek, Hungarian, Chinese and Russian! Now those languages need to be banned!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Then to be PC it should no longer be called the White House but the Orange House.

No, we can't have that, because "Orange Man bad". It has to be the Black House, because Barack Obama used to be there, and that's an officially-approved colour, so it's safe to use.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:26 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The future is intersectional? Intersectionality is about the intersection of different forms of oppression. It's like the senator was saying the future is be being oppressed. That's not a good goal for the future. I'm glad the senator was called out for this dog-whistle.

Imagined oppression. I've noticed that the ones who think they are "oppressed" tend to be university students living in the U.S., and they would have to be among the most priviledged people on the planet! Their ditzy, Marxist lecturers and teachers (the ones promoting this crap) even more so.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 1:21 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Darmok wrote:
^ This was a very good verdict. Oberlin College officials were basically running a Ku Klux Klan-type operation of threats and intimidation, trying to destroy a local business.

The jury is today deliberating in the punitive damages phase. We shall see if there is any further award.

The courts can demand a settlement, but they can't insist that students ever give their patronage to the business again. In the long run justice likely will prevail. :wink:

Justice prevailed. The percentage of blacks arrested for shoplifting the percentage of blacks in Oberlin. The market will also prevail. If students continue to boycott the store based on false information, their loss. If the boycott continues it would be wise for the bakery and most of the other business in town to pack up and go somewhere more hospitable.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 1:43 am

Lintar wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Why are we even asking this question on a autism forum where most of the members have faced negative consequences from being misinterpreted and often discuss crippling anxiety, a constant feeling of walking on eggshells out of fear being misinterprated.

Egggggggg-zactly! Oops, I shouldn't mention 'eggs', or even hint at them, because that leads to the expression 'walking on eggshells' (which you also mentioned), but that in turn leads inevitably to snowf... I mean, "sensitive people" being offended, because you are subtly implying they don't have a thick skin (which can be referred to as anything but white - all other colours are okay though), and that is an implied criticism of their level of tolerance for reality, and is also a subtle criticism of their need for safe spaces.

Holy crap, we've raised an entire generation of entitled, hyper-sensitive, out-of-touch idiots. ASPartOfMe, you are absolutely right about this even being an issue on an AUTISM website! The number of times I've "offended" someone are too many to recall, and I'll be DAMNED if I ever cave in to the cretinous demands of these precious snowflakes! Hell no! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Over my dead, effing body! You will NEVER shut me up!

On a lighter note, I too am dreaming of a white, pure, Klan-inspired Christmas. :mrgreen:

Why would it not be politically correct to use “snowflake”? “Snowflake” is implying white is a negative. If Frosty the Snowman is offended he needs to check his privilege.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 2:50 am

why do collegestudents cowtow the big corporate propaganda line,
maybe the smell of career that's build therein?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 4:08 am

Darmok wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

That's true. There will always be a few racist students and college administrators who won't patronize this shop because of the color of the owner's skin. But they will probably be overwhelmed by the non-racist general public, as well as those who now want to show extra support for an honorable local business that has been hounded and threatened by racist mobs. So yes, justice will likely prevail. :wink:

It isn't racist to be under the impression that you've been unfairly treated. Perhaps you're just dishonestly dropping the word racism to sound like somehow the owner of the store's race would be the reason some people might have felt unfairly profiled over the years and that clearly only the business owner is entitled to have a valid opinion about whether or not he's profiled anyone over the years.

I can't say for certain whether or not the owner unfairly profiles some customers and neither can you. I get the feeling the people who actually have been in the business have a better idea of whether or not the owner is biased than some schmuck from the internet who's never even been inside of the store.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 4:11 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Darmok wrote:
^ This was a very good verdict. Oberlin College officials were basically running a Ku Klux Klan-type operation of threats and intimidation, trying to destroy a local business.

The jury is today deliberating in the punitive damages phase. We shall see if there is any further award.

Justice prevailed. The percentage of blacks arrested for shoplifting the percentage of blacks in Oberlin. The market will also prevail. If students continue to boycott the store based on false information, their loss. If the boycott continues it would be wise for the bakery and most of the other business in town to pack up and go somewhere more hospitable.

Translation: If they continue to believe their own perspectives they deserve to be punished. A bunch of people with no experience with the business owner have insisted the business owner wasn't racist, how dare anyone disagree.

:roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 4:46 am

Lintar wrote:

Pretty sure Bing Crosby was think of this when he sang that iconic tune
https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1585634 ... acramento/

My parents loved this song

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 7:14 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Translation: If they continue to believe their own perspectives they deserve to be punished. A bunch of people with no experience with the business owner have insisted the business owner wasn't racist, how dare anyone disagree.

:roll:

Not receiving services one chose not to receive is not punishment. My poor choices usually have negative consequences. I either learn from my mistakes or I do not causing myself more negative consequences. This is life.

The people one should feel sorry for is the Oberlin students who did not participate in the boycott who will now presumably be paying higher tuition for a degraded education.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2019, 4:52 am

Supreme victory for justice, real justice, over so called social justice.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 11:47 am

Former Democrat turned conservative gay rights activist slams Pride, sues LGBT Center

Pride — with its messages of love, acceptance and self-expression — is a sham, according to conservative gay rights activist Brandon Straka.

The 42-year-old Harlem hairdresser said the gay community turned its back on him once the former “diehard liberal” — who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 — switched to the Republican Party.

According to a complaint filed Friday in Manhattan Supreme Court and exclusively obtained by The Post, the LGBT Center in Greenwich Village discriminated against Straka by canceling his 250-person WalkAway event “LGBT TownHall” in March, days before it was scheduled to take place.

The event was to feature Straka and a panel of two gay men and a transgender woman talking about why they left the Democratic Party.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/15/former-de ... bt-center/

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 12:40 pm

Darmok wrote:
Former Democrat turned conservative gay rights activist slams Pride, sues LGBT Center

Pride — with its messages of love, acceptance and self-expression — is a sham, according to conservative gay rights activist Brandon Straka.

The 42-year-old Harlem hairdresser said the gay community turned its back on him once the former “diehard liberal” — who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 — switched to the Republican Party.

According to a complaint filed Friday in Manhattan Supreme Court and exclusively obtained by The Post, the LGBT Center in Greenwich Village discriminated against Straka by canceling his 250-person WalkAway event “LGBT TownHall” in March, days before it was scheduled to take place.

The event was to feature Straka and a panel of two gay men and a transgender woman talking about why they left the Democratic Party.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/15/former-de ... bt-center/

There is nothing wrong with a political organization kicking out members that disagree with their core beliefs. This is not a public college where when they do that it is government discrimination, nor is the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Yankees cancelling Kate Smith over two early 1930s songs despite an overall anti discrimination record.

It would be an outrage if this suit is not laughed out of court. There is no civil rights violation for discriminating based on political beliefs. Discriminating based on political beliefs is free speech.

Instead of suing the guy should have found another venue. There are plenty of organizations that would be willing to give him a platform to call out the LGBT center’s limited rainbow.