What's the difference between social anxiety and aspergers?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

qwerwe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2018, 11:02 am

My psychologist told me, cause my social anxiety is that I don't understand social situations and probably I have Aspergers. Such an explanation makes sense. I am waiting on an ASD assessment if they confirm it or not.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

I've social anxiety.

I often don't know what to say, how to carry on a conversation. All makes me anxious with low-level panic.

It's part of the reason I lost my job. I warned them, but it didn't seem to matter. I can do social, but only in short time periods then I just want to leave.

I'm fine, for the most part, with family and friends, but I can still get anxious at that. It can be exhausting.

If I'm out I can interact fine with people, so long as it's brief. The "how 'bout that weather" with the sales clerk sort of thing.

Online I'm different. I can babble incessantly ending up with long, inane, messages that are probably hard to read because I don't proofread, but I try to be very diligent about my structure, grammar, spelling, etc. I use Twitter far too often when previously I said I never would use Twitter.