Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2018, 2:18 pm

I turned 22 about 2 months ago. But I feel like a lot of my actions are associated with teenagers. I have a part time job but I'm not in college and I graduated high school 3 years ago. I tend to have emotional outburst when I get overwhelmed. I can better relate with kids and teenagers. Never dated anyone yet. And hadn't really done anything remarkable because I'm anxious to what people will think of me. I just gotta know for sure, because I don't want to look at myself as some sort of manchild.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 7:33 pm

You have two types of age. One is your physical age. For example, I am 70 years old. But you have another age. Sometimes this is referred to as maturity. When I compare myself to childhood development charts, I am in my pleasing four stage of childhood development.

But maturity isn't really a good word to use. That is because I am a fully functional adult (work, family, intelligence) but with the heart of a child.

TidyUn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2019, 3:16 am

Taylord wrote:
I turned 22 about 2 months ago. But I feel like a lot of my actions are associated with teenagers. I have a part time job but I'm not in college and I graduated high school 3 years ago. I tend to have emotional outburst when I get overwhelmed. I can better relate with kids and teenagers. Never dated anyone yet. And hadn't really done anything remarkable because I'm anxious to what people will think of me. I just gotta know for sure, because I don't want to look at myself as some sort of manchild.

Do you think you'll mature with time?

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2019, 3:51 am

Taylord wrote:

I think that's common with a lot of us. I'm 30 but I feel like my emotional age is pretty much half that. I've worked hard to attain a social maturity, though, so I'm also not some sort of manchild, but I'm still pretty much a teenager acting as an adult.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

15 Jun 2019, 8:25 pm

That's quite common for people on the spectrum. Even though I'm 20 years old, I still relate to teenagers in many ways: I'm too scared to drive, I constantly think people are judging me (I have social phobia), I prefer graphic t shirts over plain ones, I like anime and manga, I like sleeping late, I have a bad habit of popping zits and I have a fear of being humiliated. You'll become an adult (mentally) someday and so will I (mentally).