Areas the government could spend money productively

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Indominus
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2018, 9:15 pm

Also, what is the influence that Keynesian stimulus has on government productions like health care, for example and why, in your opinion for other productions in government spending, is it or are they productive? Doing this for an assignment.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 10:31 pm

Amazon.com is working on "Amazon Prime health care", presumably, a very effective health insurance.

Maybe governments can outsource health coverage to Amazon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/john-do ... ealth.html

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2018, 12:51 pm

Science and research is always productive! Take a look at the last 10000 years, the countries/groups that get to breakthroughs first almost always end up better off/rich as hell. I'm a physics geek though, so I'm straight up 100% biased :D

As an example, right now we have nuclear fusion as a source of energy in research stages, but the country that gets there first will rake in the money.

Probably off challenging as many social norms in as little time as possible

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 2:05 pm

Sustainable agriculture and environmental safety regulations!
Climate change is real! We are leading our world to its death. Human activity has caused a biological annihilation at a rate unseen for millions of years!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 2:23 pm

I think that the U.S. government would do well by providing something like the U.K.'s "Council Housing" for people who would otherwise be living on the street, in the parks, and under freeway overpasses.

Wikipedia wrote:
A council house is a form of British public housing built by local authorities. A council estate is a building complex containing a number of council houses and other amenities like schools and shops. Construction was mainly from 1919 after the Housing Act 1919 to the 1980s, with much less council housing built in recent decades. There were local design variations, but they all adhered to local authority building standards.
Nothing fancy, mind you; and maybe only 120 to 200 square feet floor (11 to 19 sq. meters) floor space per individual -- your most basic studio apartment.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

We're going to have a glut of seniors and senior healthcare over the next 20 years.

One of the things that blows my mind right now is that someone developed toilets in Japan that can screen urine for early stages of cancer anytime someone uses the restroom. If it's that easy I'm a bit stunned as to why we aren't all lining up, heck - as an insurance requirement - to get our urine tested as such every year. In a way we have fewer and fewer excuses for cancer to be caught anywhere later than stage 1 or stage 2. This is one of the areas where I'd really like to see the government get involved - ie. huge step up in preventative health care distribution and implementation.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:52 am

Fnord wrote:
I think that the U.S. government would do well by providing something like the U.K.'s "Council Housing" for people who would otherwise be living on the street, in the parks, and under freeway overpasses.
Wikipedia wrote:
A council house is a form of British public housing built by local authorities. A council estate is a building complex containing a number of council houses and other amenities like schools and shops. Construction was mainly from 1919 after the Housing Act 1919 to the 1980s, with much less council housing built in recent decades. There were local design variations, but they all adhered to local authority building standards.
Nothing fancy, mind you; and maybe only 120 to 200 square feet floor (11 to 19 sq. meters) floor space per individual -- your most basic studio apartment.

The U.S. government has already spent billions to provide 6 by 8 feet of accomodation and three meals per day to over two million residents.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:55 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
We're going to have a glut of seniors and senior healthcare over the next 20 years.

One of the things that blows my mind right now is that someone developed toilets in Japan that can screen urine for early stages of cancer anytime someone uses the restroom. If it's that easy I'm a bit stunned as to why we aren't all lining up, heck - as an insurance requirement - to get our urine tested as such every year. In a way we have fewer and fewer excuses for cancer to be caught anywhere later than stage 1 or stage 2. This is one of the areas where I'd really like to see the government get involved - ie. huge step up in preventative health care distribution and implementation.

That's far too efficient. Don't you know it takes 8 years of medical school before a guy can take a take a urine sample and send it to a lab, read back the results from the lab to the patient, sign a form saying I can take 2 days of work due to having a cold, or sign a form saying I'm still ok to drive with my unchanging medical condition.

If only they didn't waste so much doctors time on form signing they'd have more time to devote to sick people.