Are you retired from dating?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 6:50 pm

Well I haven't been with a woman for more than a year now, and haven't been on a single date ever since. Guess I'm just unlucky to find someone I could relate to. I have hit on 2 women during that period, and while I did get their numbers in a promise to meet, they exhibited ambivalent behavior regarding what they actually want so I cut ties, nothing came about.

This common type of woman is not my type (that is: duckface / botox lips, instagram addict posing with minimal clothes and having low intelligence). I'm only 25, I'm sure I'll eventually find someone. I signed up to an online dating site but I am skeptical about chances there.. as men have it harder in those sites plus so many freaks/open relationship types/hippies and weirdos are on there.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 8:09 pm

I've been in a relationship for about two years, so yes, I am all done! :)

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 1:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've never gotten a girl in a bar.....except once when I was 21.

Probably the best place to meet future companions is at work, or through friends.

That doesn't work for everyone. I work in a warehouse, and every single one of my workmates are men. My friends are also all male, and they don't have anyone I can meet, as their friends are also mostly men. Any time I've asked any one of my friends if they potentially knew anyone they could set me up with, if the answer wasn't an outright no, they recoiled at the thought of trying anything like that.

I have very few interests and hobbies, and those that I do have are male-dominated and therefore very unlikely to be conducive of any kind of relationship. I don't feel the need to form more platonic relationships, and these days I barely do anything with the platonic relationships I already have, just because friends don't appeal to me much, probably because I'm yearning for a more romantic connection.

Dating sites don't work for me. I probably get significantly less than 1 match per 1000 swipes on Tinder. Other dating sites have yielded nil in the way of results too, and there don't seem to be many women in my area to choose from on them.

Any bright ideas for me?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 7:53 am

Nope! We've been together for nearly eight years, and we "date" constantly; we're always learning about each other, actively attending to one another and caring for each other's needs, and doing things we both find rewarding. Dating is cultivating a relationship; it doesn't stop simply because we make a commitment to one another. relationships aren't static objects, they're living things; we're either cultivating them, encouraging them to thrive, or we're neglecting them, allowing them to whither and die. Neither of us has any intention to ever retire from dating.