Would you be willing to enter a sexless relationship?

Page 9 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Would you enter a sexless relationship?
Yes-I'm male 27%  27%  [ 16 ]
Yes-I'm female 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
No- I'm male 32%  32%  [ 19 ]
No- I'm female 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 59

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 9:52 pm

Arganger wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Remember: I'm not 100% sure. But I do know that Salvation through God's Grace alone, without "good works" being beneficial at all, is associated with Calvinism. Which sort of bothers me (but doesn't get me really passionate).

I am an agnostic-atheist myself.

I do know that Calvinists believe in "predestination." Basically, this means that your fate is "preordained" even before you are born.

There is a difference between that and what we are talking about. I'm an LCMS Lutheran myself, and we believe salvation comes from God, not works, but the love of God that comes from faith is what drives good works.
Differently not in predestination, each individual has the ability to reject or accept God, that is what free will is.

I agree with this. To be a Christian one only has to believe that Christ is the son of God and that he died to take on our sins himself. He rose again from the dead and ascended to Heaven. Believing in that is what makes a person a Christian.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 10:38 pm

So Christianity isn’t that different from Islam after all, which requires faith in God instead of good works; hence a lot of bad works made in his name.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 10:56 pm

As a basis of the religion, that belief is all it takes. But as someone wrote, good works should flow from that. Christ gave direction on how to live a good life. He outlined the “Lord’s Prayer” where we ask to be kept from sinning, and say that we will forgive those who sin against us. He set examples for us to follow. And yes there have been a lot of bad works done in what people said was in His name. My husband and I were talking about that today. Christians as a group and as individuals have done horrible brutal things and hopefully were able to repent their bad acts. On the other hand I don’t think confessing your sin, without true regret, wins forgiveness and makes it okay to go out and sin more.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 11:55 pm

^
I agree completely.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2018, 3:39 am

I've actually been talking to someone for a while now who is asexual, that isn't even a factor for me. Sure, there will be some complications, but that's any relationship, and I know for me that the romantic side of things is far, far more important than the sexual side of things. Not everyone will see it this way though, some will need sex to be a part of their relationship, and that's okay. At the end of the day, for me, I like this girl for who she is, and sex, or lack thereof, doesn't change that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 6:42 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Arganger wrote:
You aren't a christian so I honestly fail to see why you care.

Logical inconsistencies are a pet peeve of mine.

If god didn’t want people to be gay then why did he make gay people?

From my understanding the Bible was against gays cause gays couldn’t marry and so they couldn’t have sex except outside of marriage which is a sin.
Marriage being a state thing.
Most Christians sin, drinking alcohol is a sin, eating more then you need is a sin, most kinds of sex is a sin, smoking is a sin,.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm

Maybe we should keep the discussion to asexual marriage. Religion is pretty controversial and there is a forum section for that. I think Arganger mentioned her faith to add backstory, and I did the same. But I think we are going off topic to discuss what the bible says about gays or how God may feel about gays etc. And I apologise for also going off topic.

AQ 40
ASD-1

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 12:03 am

I could answer any/all questions related to the Bible and homosexuality. The problem is that a truthful answer would be considered offensive to the point that we're not really allowed to discuss it at WP. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that people are allowed to twist the words of the Bible to mean what they think it means when people who hold to a more literal (and I believe correct) interpretation of the Bible aren't even allowed to say as much.

Agreed this belongs in a separate topic in PPR. And I respectfully ask that the matter be dropped. I strongly dislike going to the mods about any controversial topic, even those I feel strongly about or am offended by, but it's offensive to me because it strikes me as Christian-baiting. I do take those kinds of posts up with mods. It's precisely BECAUSE of topics like these I post to L&D instead of PPR.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 12:06 am

AngelRho wrote:
I could answer any/all questions related to the Bible and homosexuality. The problem is that a truthful answer would be considered offensive to the point that we're not really allowed to discuss it at WP. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that people are allowed to twist the words of the Bible to mean what they think it means when people who hold to a more literal (and I believe correct) interpretation of the Bible aren't even allowed to say as much.

Agreed this belongs in a separate topic in PPR. And I respectfully ask that the matter be dropped. I strongly dislike going to the mods about any controversial topic, even those I feel strongly about or am offended by, but it's offensive to me because it strikes me as Christian-baiting. I do take those kinds of posts up with mods. It's precisely BECAUSE of topics like these I post to L&D instead of PPR.

It was dropped days ago

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Ligma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2018, 12:14 pm

no