Do those of you living with parents in late 20s+ consider?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hsingai
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Dec 2018, 3:47 am

I can't legally manage my own finances so being independent is impossible for me. I leaved for 1~2 years by myself but was to lonely. When my mom dies I'll probably move in with my aunt or with my brothers family if my Fiance hasn't gotten her comic published and making enough for us to move in together. Worst case I go back to an assisted living home.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 10:50 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
But as for what comes next... well, I've had depression and little to no desire to live for thirteen years with no indication of that changing, so assuming I still want to (and am still alive), I've decided that once my parents are no longer here to be hurt by it, I can go ahead and kill myself.

I don't have depression but I've considered this as well considering I wouldn't have anything else to live for after they're gone anyway

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2018, 11:34 am

hurtloam wrote:
I used to work with a man in his 30s who can't drive. He's married with a child. Not everyone drives.

With regards to learning to drive, do you not have driving instructors in the USA? I looked in the phonebook and called up a driving instructor and booked a block of lessons. That's how I learned to drive.

I took driving school years ago and passed but it was never enough time with those special cars. Now my permit's expired and I can't even pass the test anymore. I have PTSD so that helps damage my short term memory as well.
I really need someone special to help me because a lot of people aren't able to help me practice in the way that I need.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 8:31 am

Nickchick wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I used to work with a man in his 30s who can't drive. He's married with a child. Not everyone drives.

With regards to learning to drive, do you not have driving instructors in the USA? I looked in the phonebook and called up a driving instructor and booked a block of lessons. That's how I learned to drive.

I took driving school years ago and passed but it was never enough time with those special cars. Now my permit's expired and I can't even pass the test anymore. I have PTSD so that helps damage my short term memory as well.
I really need someone special to help me because a lot of people aren't able to help me practice in the way that I need.

I always say its alot harder to get your license then what people give credit for. People always say someone needs to get their license but isn't willing to contribute or help by lending their car or even taking that kinda risk. I have my license now but I had to throw down over $1000 in driving lessons just to get it <,<

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 9:56 am

I was extremely late getting my first driver's license-48 years of age. I am probably one of the oldest here to get one for the first time. Not getting that license at the normal time put me behind for nearly everything else in my life. I don't know how I was smart enough to get a Master's in English but not developed enough to get a driver's license, something even the worst students in my class got and made fun of me for not having. I guess I deserved that. I hated myself for years.