Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:36 pm

Europe has had very low birth rates for a long time. At least 50 years.

Have they nearly become extinct, yet?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
That’s just not true.....

Europeans are not going away any time soon.....

If the European birth rate overall is very low especially relative to other ethnic groups, then yes indeed the only realistic result of that is that they'll eventually become extinct or their numbers will just become very insignificantly low compared to the rest of the world's population.

Yes extrapolating current trends never fails to accurately predict the future because trendlines never change in slope or direction /sarcasm

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

100-150 years they say .
No culture has ever recovered from such a birth rate.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I don’t think you understand how extinction works. It’s. It instant it’s gradually.
Looks people far smarter with either of us say they going to go extinct. You need a 2.4 birth rate just to replace population over time.
1.3 isn’t enough and that’s why Nations like Jopan and Europe ones have far more retired people then workers and it’s gettjng worse.
When they all die the population will shrink and keep shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.
Until
They don’t exist.
Example if there’s 2 humans and they have one kid that kid can’t have kids extinction.
Now it’s bad for Europeans but good for Middle East Asians and Africans.

With all the concern about global warming no one gives two craps about western civilization dying. Middle East has a 17 birth rate.
Similar in China and Africa.
USA is 1.8
We need to be around 3.0.
But doesn’t bother me I’ll be dead by time Europe goes Muslim. The futur is Islam, Chinese and African
Western civilization has killed itself

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:19 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

If the European birth rate overall is very low especially relative to other ethnic groups, then yes indeed the only realistic result of that is that they'll eventually become extinct or their numbers will just become very insignificantly low compared to the rest of the world's population.

Yes extrapolating current trends never fails to accurately predict the future because trendlines never change in slope or direction /sarcasm

They can’t recover from a 1.3. No population in the history of the planet has ever recovered from such a birthdate.
Google it.
That’s why they bring in immigrants to work and pay taxes cause they don’t have enough younger population to do so.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:22 pm

Populations are already increasing at a slightly greater rate in Europe than previously. All the Western European countries are increasing in population after previous “zero population growth.”

Europeans are not going to be extinct.

Anyway...it doesn’t matter to me, anyway. As long as I and my family don’t go extinct.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:26 pm

Western civilization is not dying.

The Roman Empire is long dead.....but Roman influence is still paramount in many people’s minds.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 5:42 pm

sly279 wrote:
They can’t recover from a 1.3.
Says who?
sly279 wrote:
Google it.
I did.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 8:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Populations are already increasing at a slightly greater rate in Europe than previously. All the Western European countries are increasing in population after previous “zero population growth.”

Anyway...it doesn’t matter to me, anyway. As long as I and my family don’t go extinct.

Europe population is increasing bi immigration , native Europeans birth rate is going down.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 10:00 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I don’t think you understand how extinction works. It’s. It instant it’s gradually.
Looks people far smarter with either of us say they going to go extinct. You need a 2.4 birth rate just to replace population over time.
1.3 isn’t enough and that’s why Nations like Jopan and Europe ones have far more retired people then workers and it’s gettjng worse.
When they all die the population will shrink and keep shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.
Until
They don’t exist.
Example if there’s 2 humans and they have one kid that kid can’t have kids extinction.
Now it’s bad for Europeans but good for Middle East Asians and Africans.

With all the concern about global warming no one gives two craps about western civilization dying. Middle East has a 17 birth rate.
Similar in China and Africa.
USA is 1.8
We need to be around 3.0.
But doesn’t bother me I’ll be dead by time Europe goes Muslim. The futur is Islam, Chinese and African
Western civilization has killed itself

Even if the world becomes populated by Africans and middle easterns, it doesn't mean the world will become Muslim, race doesn't mean religion. Also, honestly who cares if people stop breeding?

Also isn't this thread supposed to be about height?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 12:43 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
May I just make a comment here (sorry to revive an old thread, if that kind of thing is an issue on this forum. Not sure if it is).

Various ethnicity groups generally do have dominant traits which include approx. height. So if you are short in the land that you live, you at may be tall in another land.

So, if you are flexible in terms of ethnic choice and are happy to travel to increase your prospects in terms of finding suitable mates.

You may consider looking to move or at least visit a country where you can capitalise out of your size.
There are likely some ethnic groups who have dominant traits that make them smaller than you.
So if you were to place your selves in their lands, and they are open to relationships between ethnic groups.

You would then be among the tallest men or at the very least normal height, even though you are small in your own country.

It is simple logic. And without going into too much detail, other parts of the anatomy are often determined by the same dominant traits.

In some countries being a western man makes you more desirable to woman. Due to many reasons, but which of course is primarily because you come from a country that has a high standard of living.

According to one guys you tube channel, which was about pulling in the Philippines.
This American guy, who was chubby, bald and not particularly great looking was boasting on how easy it was to pull woman in the country. So, my point is you can increase your chances of success if you are willing to think logically and if you don't mind travelling.

I guess the people with the biggest problems are the people who are abnormally small, but perhaps there is a community for such people are well. As there are physical disabilities such as dwarfism which affects both
woman and men.

so good luck.

And the situation shouldn't be so drastic that he has to move or visit a different country either.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 1:15 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Europe population is increasing bi immigration , native Europeans birth rate is going down.

Even the MENA’s fertiliy is at decline

Quote:
But growth of the mainly Arab countries of the Middle East and North Africa has been slowed by a veritable revolution in marriage and childbearing in recent decades. While a young population structure ensures momentum for future growth, the pace has slackened thanks to fertility declines in some of the region’s largest countries. MENA’s total fertility rate (TFR), or average number of children born per woman, declined from about seven children in 1960 to three children in 2006.1 The decline started first in Lebanon, then in a few other countries, including Egypt, Iran, and Tunisia. These last three countries were among the first to adopt policies to lower fertility as a way to slow population growth.2

In Iran, Lebanon, Tunisia, and Turkey, fertility was at or below the replacement level of about 2.1 children per woman. Yemen’s TFR has edged downward, but remains the region’s highest at 6.2 in 2005. Israel’s TFR was the region’s lowest in the 1950s, but has not declined as far as in many other countries (see Figure 2).

https://www.prb.org/menafertilitydecline/

And that’s not a bad thing, you see... the earth is already too overpopulated, its population needs to be halfed not ‘replaced’.... people will have more babies again when there will be enough resources again. This how it goes.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 2:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Even the MENA’s fertiliy is at decline

Quote:
But growth of the mainly Arab countries of the Middle East and North Africa has been slowed by a veritable revolution in marriage and childbearing in recent decades. While a young population structure ensures momentum for future growth, the pace has slackened thanks to fertility declines in some of the region’s largest countries. MENA’s total fertility rate (TFR), or average number of children born per woman, declined from about seven children in 1960 to three children in 2006.1 The decline started first in Lebanon, then in a few other countries, including Egypt, Iran, and Tunisia. These last three countries were among the first to adopt policies to lower fertility as a way to slow population growth.2

In Iran, Lebanon, Tunisia, and Turkey, fertility was at or below the replacement level of about 2.1 children per woman. Yemen’s TFR has edged downward, but remains the region’s highest at 6.2 in 2005. Israel’s TFR was the region’s lowest in the 1950s, but has not declined as far as in many other countries (see Figure 2).

https://www.prb.org/menafertilitydecline/

And that’s not a bad thing, you see... the earth is already too overpopulated, its population needs to be halfed not ‘replaced’.... people will have more babies again when there will be enough resources again. This how it goes.

I don’t think a world without western civilizations will be good for the planet. China isn’t trying to save the planet neither is Africa or the Middle East.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 9:07 am

sly279 wrote:
I don’t think a world without western civilizations will be good for the planet. China isn’t trying to save the planet neither is Africa or the Middle East.

Why? What has it done for you?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 6:37 pm

BTDT wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Why? What has it done for you?

Kept me alive. I’d be dead in Middle East.

Point being is non western civilizations are the ones Doing most the damage to the earth and don’t care about making animals extinct, so how will death of western civilization who is killing themselves trying to make it better going to be good for the planet?
China doesn’t care if whales go extinct.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:06 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Chummy wrote:
If you're a girl just find somebody taller than you or in the same height, if you're a guy vice versa, can't be that hard unless you're 6ft + girl or less than 5.9 guy yeah you're unlucky because you're severely limiting yourself.. also depends on where you're from I was refering to western countries in other areas like India or Japan that might be different.

but buttom line once you find true love those numbers don't matter. Because you're only looking for one significant other not a thousand

I'm still 5'7 and my only girlfriend yet happened to be 5'3 so...

so that still doesn't contradict what I said