What video game(s) did you never get a chance to play?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 9:26 pm

What video game(s) did you never get a chance to play but wish you could? For me it was Metal Gear Solid IV, which was supposed to be one of the best of the series, and one of the best games on PS3, but I no longer have a PS3. I don't think they are planning on porting it anytime soon and it isn't on PS Now either, so it is likely lost forever. I watched a friend play parts of it but never got around to playing it myself.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 8:19 am

Forbidden Siren 2 for the PS2.

It was never released here in the US.

Also the first Silent Hill for the PSone. I played it but never beat it.

I also wish I could have beaten Yakuza Dead Souls.

Trunksette
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2019, 5:47 am

I never got to play any of the Pokemon games growing up. Even though I watched the shows and had the toys but I have 3 siblings and my family was too poor to buy us all portable consoles. I play them now as they're coming out, but I'm waiting for a Sinnoh remake since all my friends say that's their favourite region.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 9:07 am

You didn't miss much; MGSIV was the weakest of the series. There's barely any gameplay to speak of in the game. MGS3 was the high point of the series. If you played MGS2 and thought, wow, that wasn't self indulgent enough and didn't have nearly enough cinematics, you might like MGS5.

The game I haven't ever got around to playing is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. One of my favorite types of games is the genre colloquially referred to as 'Metroidvania' and this is pretty much considered in the top tier of such games, to the point that not having played it is like being a fan of platformers and never having played Mario.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 9:10 am

Alien Breed 3D on the Amiga platform.

It was released close to the end times for Commodore and the Amiga in particular. Doom was already out and the PC had started showing itself as a capable gaming machine. Also with a statement from ID software like "Doom could never be done of an Amiga because it lacks chunky pixels" didn't help much.

The game is not lost or anything, i'm just not interested in playing it now, but i was back then when FPS games were the latest thing.

Also Cosmic Pirate

Bought the game, played the tutorial, went on a break. Loaded something else that had a bootsector virus, then was going to play some more and the virus overwrote the unique trackloader and destroyed the game.

Same thing about this one, just not interested. If i want to commit piracy in space, i'll start Elite Dangerous.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 11:37 am

Ehh, nothing much that I can think of.

I mean, all older games can be emulated, even the arcade ones, which I already have all of. And anything remotely recent, I can just buy.

The one console that's off limits to me is the PS2, as emulators for that thing are a pain and the console itself is utter garbage, but... it also has zero games I care about. Seriously, I *hated* that thing, so... good riddance really.

Other than that, well... nothing.

It used to be that there were some things I really wanted but never had as a kid. Commodore 64 and quite a few of it's games for instance. But now I can just do those whenever.

The one thing I cant do though: Bring back old MMOs. Of course, these I DID have a chance to play, such as City of Heroes. But now that one, and many others, are gone for good. No emulating those. But I at least got to play them a lot while they were around.

There is one exception to all of this though: This ancient arcade game that, to me, is named "Journey". It appeared on the old show Starcade once, as one of the games that contestants could win. Once and only once. I remember seeing it and thinking it looked totally awesome, but outside of that, I never saw it again (except in repeat views of the same episode, of course). There IS a common arcade unit called Journey, but it's related to the band of the same name... the "Journey" I'm thinking of is a totally different game. It's the one thing that's missing from my ROM archive.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 11:08 am

TMNT Radical Rescue

A boy and his blob: the rescue of princess Blobette

Kwirky

Q*bert

Gargoyle's Quest

^ all for Gameboy

and Zombies Ate My Neighbors for SNES

Panic Restaurant for NES

Pokemon Park for Wii (unless the controls ruin it)

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765