I really need help and not getting it

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 8:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That friggin' Uncle Again!! ! ! ! ! !

Well I sent him a Christmas card anyway lol. No money in it though. His sister that lives here where I live now says most of the family dislikes him, they just don't say it to his face. His other sister that likes him I feel bad for because her and her husband we're in a car accident yesterday, but they are not hurt.

I horribly overreacted and had a meltdown and ended up in the er for no reason. It's not very likely my uncle would actually come to town and harm my husband. They want me to go through DBT and if they think it would help than fine, and I'm getting a talk therapist too.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm

Have you ever tried beta blockers for anxiety? They really, really have helped me. I had tried lorazepam too and that made me sleepy. The beta blockers just make me calmer. It’s such a change.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 9:25 pm

Wishing you good fortune with your therapy. Make the most of your opportunity.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 7:01 am

One of the CSUs I called told me the exact same thing about panic attacks and not being able to handle it where I am at.
The sick not upset people comment.
Why do we have to wait to be suicidal for help or to get the help that removes ourselves from the situation for a few days?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 8:02 am

Angnix wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Have they tried prescribing something like a benzodiazepine to take during these episodes? What you're describing sound like a combination between a meltdown and an anxiety attack.

Those medications turn me into a walking zombie and I horribly dislike them.

I know what you mean. These days I only pop a xanax as needed. Like a last resort.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 8:18 am

I'm so sorry you are going through this s**t. You're such a fighter, I hope one day your life will become more calm and safe.