I hate modern technology updates

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 7:47 am

First of all, I hate, hate, HATE Windows 10 so much, it is a f*****g good for nothing useless piece of s**t. The worst thing I ever did was agree to upgrade my computer to this horrible sh***y c**t. Can't play my two favourite games in the world any more, ever again, because of this sh***y Windows 10, which is so stubborn it won't let me downgrade to Windows 7. All that is completely gone, history. I can't bear it.

Also I hate Netflix because it's f*****g stupid, it might sound great to most people but to me it does not beat DVDs. Once you buy a DVD it's yours for life (unless you lose it, but that's not the point I'm trying to make). Nothing beats having a set of DVDs on your shelf. Because of all this sh***y online technology, which is supposed to be oh-so-fantastic, I will never have my complete set of Simpsons box sets. I have seasons 1-18, and season 20, and that's it, and I've been planning on collecting all the box sets up to 30. But some genius decided that nobody was interested in buying the box sets any more and that the Simpsons will only be accessible online, in America only, because apparently only Americans watch the Simpsons and nobody else in the world does. f*****g Fox - you are the most dumbest network ever! And surely, Al Jean f*****g knows how many countries worldwide know about and watch the Simpsons. But no, precious America, the favourite place, only gets access now, and no more box sets will ever be released, they will just stop, just like that.

Can't play the Sims 2 or Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 because precious Windows 10 is too ''oh-so-up-to-date'' to recognise it so can't run it

Can't buy Simpsons box sets any more because precious Americans decide watching episodes online is much better so now the rest of the world of Simpsons fans has to suffer

Can't play my Playstation 2 games any more because PS2s are too ''old'' to be sold, and those were the best games ever. I just don't get the same kick in Wiis or Xboxes or PS3s.

But with the Sims, how do they KNOW that people don't play the Sims 1 and 2 any more? The reason why people stopped buying those games were because most Sims fans had bought all the expansion packs after a time, and fair enough that they don't need to be sold in shops any more these days but did they really have to bring out a new Windows version that won't play the older games at all??? I mean, most Sims fans have all the Sims 1 and 2 packs on their shelves, they're not all going to just go ''oh, Sims 3 it out, let's throw all these Sims 1 and 2 games out''. No, they will keep them and still probably want to play them, or at least, want to be able to play them on their PCs!

f*****g technology! And I bet if I did collect all the Sims 3 and 4 games, as soon as I get into them a new version of Windows (windows 11 or 12 or some new s**t like that) will come out and won't allow me to play them on that any more. It's not fair. When I stupidly and foolishly let my PC upgrade to this sh***y Windows 10, I thought it would just make everything, including all my much-loved Sims 2 games, run faster with better graphics. That's how I always viewed new technology these days. But no, new technology is s**t. Give me an old computer any day, at least I will probably have more fun with it.

I am so upset right now. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 8:16 am

Have you checked if your two favorite games exist on gog.com? They usually fix these issues and sell old games in cheap prices like $5.

Also you can try a virtual machine and run an XP on it, but you will need a bit powerful PC for that.

There won't be Windows 11, Windows 10 will be the latest Windows and will be updated frequently.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm

You can watch The Simpsons online outside of America if you use VPN & set your server location to one in America.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 9:05 pm

I'm sure there's hacks to get around all that like others have mentioned. But your frustration is understandable.

I found this right off the bat: How to Install The Sims 2 + Expansions on Windows 10 (TS2upd.exe Error)

Quote:
The Sims 2 is an old program that causes/d issues for many, I thought I would share my experience of getting past "The Sims 2 Update Error" when installing expansions.

You will need this file, so download it now: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lzbxt ... update.zip

1. Install the Sims 2 normally from disc

2. Copy the files from inside the downloaded zip and folder to "c:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2" and confirm to override the files already there. This will make the program not need to update anymore!

3. Install expansion packs in no particular order

4. Enjoy playing the Sims 2!

Here is the video tutorial:

https://youtu.be/0Sf7jyo_2kQ

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 11:05 pm

Does running the Sims in compatibility mode work? As for the Simpsons yeah simply pay for a VPN and download all the seasons you want from torrent sites like the pirate bay(doesn't matter if its blocked in the UK because there are million different proxies out there).

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 11:19 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Can't buy Simpsons box sets any more because precious Americans decide watching episodes online is much better so now the rest of the world of Simpsons fans has to suffer

These are probably pirated ( as the seller wants you to contact him before buying ) but here is 29 seasons of Doh!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Simpsons ... rk:13:pf:0

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 1:39 am

The compatibility settings makes no difference, I've tried all the compatibility settings and the game still crashed. I tried everything. But I'm through with trying all these things, so I actually asked my cousin (who is a computer expert) to install Windows 7 back on to my computer. He has the Windows 7 pack. And I will disable the internet on my laptop so that it won't ever ask me to upgrade again, and I will get a new laptop to use the internet on.

Hmm, as for the Simpsons, I don't know what a VPN is but if it means having to pay online to watch an episode then I can't do that because I don't do online payments. I don't have an online bank account at all. It's safer not to when you're so dumb with technology like me.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 7:21 am

I hate all Windows operating systems later than Windows Vista; they ceased being computers for enthusiasts and started being just large mobile phones for the proles.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 7:26 am

Joe90 wrote:
Also I hate Netflix because it's f*****g stupid, it might sound great to most people but to me it does not beat DVDs. Once you buy a DVD it's yours for life (unless you lose it, but that's not the point I'm trying to make). Nothing beats having a set of DVDs on your shelf. Because of all this sh***y online technology, which is supposed to be oh-so-fantastic, I will never have my complete set of Simpsons box sets. I have seasons 1-18, and season 20, and that's it, and I've been planning on collecting all the box sets up to 30. But some genius decided that nobody was interested in buying the box sets any more and that the Simpsons will only be accessible online, in America only, because apparently only Americans watch the Simpsons and nobody else in the world does. f*****g Fox - you are the most dumbest network ever! And surely, Al Jean f*****g knows how many countries worldwide know about and watch the Simpsons. But no, precious America, the favorite place, only gets access now, and no more box sets will ever be released, they will just stop, just like that.

Amen, Joe. I still like DVDs, and even cable. And I love CDs. My own lossless copy instead of some lower definition download or stream. And there is lossless streaming, but, as with Netflix, how do you know stuff you like will stay up?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Dec 2018, 3:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Hmm, as for the Simpsons, I don't know what a VPN is but if it means having to pay online to watch an episode then I can't do that because I don't do online payments. I don't have an online bank account at all. It's safer not to when you're so dumb with technology like me.
A VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. Basically it's a way to hide your IP address by going through another server. You wouldn't have to pay for the Simpsons eps unless they're charging US customers to watch them online but you would have to pay for the VPN most likely. With mine you can pay monthly or yearly & I could probably use prepaid cards to pay if I wanted to but I never used those things. There may be some free VPNs out there but I would mostly use em to watch/DLed The Simpsons in your case. I wouldn't really trust them with pirating or anything serious. There's users more knowledgeable about that than me on this forum if your interested. You could make a post in the computer section if interested that is.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 4:24 pm

If your old laptop has 4GB of RAM or less, then it can ran good old Windows XP, which is easy to hack for activation, and would probably run those old games even better. (If not "activated" through internet Windows lock itself down after some time (30 days?) as anti-piracy measure; you can hack through that activation on Windows XP with WPA kill.)
You should still access Internet on a new computer with a modern Windows (Or Linux), of course; as Windows XP is not safe from virus anymore.

edit: Also you can play PS2 games with the PCSX2 emulator, but you need a good computer to have good performance out of it.