Ideas which would make the world a better place

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 1:57 pm

I think that all our problems could be solved if people were more RATIONAL.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2018, 3:09 pm

Pit bulls are ticking time bombs.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:22 pm

I'd prefer the company of a pit bull (well brought up) to 90% of human beings any day.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:31 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I'd prefer the company of a pit bull (well brought up) to 90% of human beings any day.

I'd even prefer a venomous rattle snake to most of the humans I know.

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 15 Dec 2018, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2018, 3:44 pm

I think we need to make pit bull jerky and export it to China.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:55 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

I'd even prefer a venomous rattle snake to most of the humans I kmow.

No kidding.

Me and my boyfriend saw a rattle snake a couple months ago at a state park, the snake was cool. But these idiots were throwing sand at it in an effort to get it to go away, it had startled them and I guess they figured it would go back into the grass away from the trail if they threw sand at it. I was not surprised that it didn't work, the snake just rattled more and even started hissing they are probably lucky it didn't bite them.

Once those people gave up and left, I looked up what to do if a snake is on the trail. And all the results said 'leave it alone' So that is what we did just stood there quietly till it stopped hissing and rattling and was in a less aggressive position. Then we were able to carefully walk around it on the other side of the trail without disturbing it further.

Seriously though Don't Throw Things at Venomous Rattle Snakes, it just pisses them off.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:58 pm

Buc wrote:

Humans kill billions of animals a year, not to mention a good amount of themselves. If we aren't making human jerky and exporting it to China, and we sure as heck aren't taking one of the sweetest dog breeds and putting it through that.

Any aggressive pitbulls are aggressive because of human interference. It is not their nature.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:00 pm

Buc wrote:

how about people jerky?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

No kidding.

Me and my boyfriend saw a rattle snake a couple months ago at a state park, the snake was cool. But these idiots were throwing sand at it in an effort to get it to go away, it had startled them and I guess they figured it would go back into the grass away from the trail if they threw sand at it. I was not surprised that it didn't work, the snake just rattled more and even started hissing they are probably lucky it didn't bite them.

Once those people gave up and left, I looked up what to do if a snake is on the trail. And all the results said 'leave it alone' So that is what we did just stood there quietly till it stopped hissing and rattling and was in a less aggressive position. Then we were able to carefully walk around it on the other side of the trail without disturbing it further.

Seriously though Don't Throw Things at Venomous Rattle Snakes, it just pisses them off.

I almost stepped on a water moccasin once when we were camping on a river sand bar. It's a good thing I saw it before I set my foot down. :pale:

I actually love snakes but I would never mess with one in the wild because they can be dangerous. I love to hold them when they are domesticated and non-venomous though. :D

But yeah it's humans who really are the most dangerous animals in the world. Not pit bulls and not snakes. We kill every animal on the planet to the point of extinction AND we kill each other all the time.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:08 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

No kidding.

How close were they to the snake?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:10 pm

Arganger wrote:
Buc wrote:

Humans kill billions of animals a year, not to mention a good amount of themselves. If we aren't making human jerky and exporting it to China, and we sure as heck aren't taking one of the sweetest dog breeds and putting it through that.

Any aggressive pitbulls are aggressive because of human interference. It is not their nature.

They're just big cuddle monsters. Also even ones that have been abused are sometimes much more scared than aggressive. Like its growling and barking at people because its afraid, sometimes those dogs can be rehabilitated by people that have patience to work with them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:12 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Ideas Which Would Make The World A Better Place.
My idea is that the world would be a better place if everyone would focus on the original topic of conversation and not divert it to their personal problems.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

No kidding.

How close were they to the snake?

Close enough that it could have lunged and bit them. Me and my boyfriend also had to get rather close to get around it and it was a little scary since those people had already aggravated it, so we waited like 10 minutes till we carefully and slowly made our way around it .

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:16 pm

I agree with you guys. I have had them as pets over the years and they are very sweet and loyal dogs. I'd like to see the evil people who abuse them and breed them for dog fighting put down. Those REAL monsters don't get punished nearly enough for this. :roll:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ideas Which Would Make The World A Better Place.
My idea is that the world would be a better place if everyone would focus on the original topic of conversation and not divert it to their personal problems.

I suspect a forum topic that reaches its end without being diverted, might be as difficult to find as a real life Unicorn.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:18 pm

Another thing we need for a better world is harsher punishments for people who are cruel to animals. ...and "World Peace". :lol: