Silent Hill 2 - anybody fancy discussing this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2018, 9:42 pm

The greatest horror experience in videogames and the greatest emotional trip that I've experienced in any media. Even if you disagree with my experiences, I'm surely not the only one who thinks that Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece.

Is there anything about the game that you think isn't noticed or appreciated enough?

I think the initial exploratory stage of this game (and SH1) is underrated in its importance. It establishes the town as a real place through its contiguous area. The initial apartment area especially is elevated by the player's belief in the outside world. Atmospheric sounds are much more powerful when you think they come from a real place!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 7:07 am

Silent Hill 2 was a great game for sure! But all of the first four games made by Team Silent were masterpeices. :D

It's a shame what became of the series when Team Silent left Konami. :(

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 11:14 am

Fine game, but I personally think the greatest horror game is the the first Amnesia.

Indominus
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2018, 6:39 pm

Silent Hill 2 is good. Back when the franchise and Konami were in their prime.

However, other games like Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Pathologic, Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem, etc. do generate quite a horrific atmosphere pretty well, even if the former two aren't exactly survival horror or so.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:06 am

Lone Survivor is a REALLY good 2D pixel horror game that clearly took a lot of inspiration from Silent Hill 2. I highly recommend it! :D

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2019, 10:14 am

It's funny you mention this game, Games Done Quick (GDQ) is happening right now, live on Twitch, and Silent Hill 2 is one of the games they did on Monday. Someone played the game start to finish in 50 minutes and 14 seconds.

Also if you liked the work from Team Silent, check out the game Siren, some of the same team worked on that game. If you're in Europe you can also check out the sequel Forbidden Siren 2 but it wasn't released in North America.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 10:51 am

Deemar wrote:
It's funny you mention this game, Games Done Quick (GDQ) is happening right now, live on Twitch, and Silent Hill 2 is one of the games they did on Monday. Someone played the game start to finish in 50 minutes and 14 seconds.

Also if you liked the work from Team Silent, check out the game Siren, some of the same team worked on that game. If you're in Europe you can also check out the sequel Forbidden Siren 2 but it wasn't released in North America.

Siren is very scary but insanely hard. :lol:

Siren Blood Curse is also good. It's like a remake of the first game but with American tourists replacing the Japanese characters and the same gameplay improvements introduced in Siren 2.

I hate the fact that so many weebs hate the game just because it introduced American characters. It's not a bad game or racist game at all! :roll:

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:35 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Deemar wrote:

Siren Blood Curse is also good. It's like a remake of the first game but with American tourists replacing the Japanese characters and the same gameplay improvements introduced in Siren 2.

I hate the fact that so many weebs hate the game just because it introduced American characters. It's not a bad game or racist game at all! :roll:

Siren would have been scarier had the sounds been better. The voices and enemy noises will make you laugh.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:58 pm

modernmax wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Deemar wrote:

Siren would have been scarier had the sounds been better. The voices and enemy noises will make you laugh.

Yeah the voice acting was terrible almost as bad as the original Resident Evil. :lol:

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2019, 9:52 am

Its a very japanese game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IqS37-Z-yk&app=desktop

White women dont talk like this.. i dont know how to descrive it ..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2019, 10:22 am

oscarinthewild wrote:
Its a very japanese game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IqS37-Z-yk&app=desktop

White women dont talk like this.. i dont know how to descrive it ..

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5tdfmf

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5td9k3