Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2018, 11:43 am

The AAF (Alliance of American Football) starts their season the weekend after the Super Bowl. As a second American pro league, I believe they have a real shot to survive. Steve Spurrier, Mike Singletary and Mike Martz are head coaches in this league, player salaries are under $100K a year and they are located in some good cities that presently don't have NFL teams. They also claim to be a developmental league as preferred to being a major league.

Alliance of American Football

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2019, 5:36 pm

I was able to watch week one of the AAF. The quality of play was what one would expect; upper minor league. But the pace of the game interested me, games are faster than normal NFL games.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2019, 7:39 am

Are you familiar with arena football? I have very fond memories of having season tickets with my parents and cousin for the 1999 and 2000 Buffalo Destroyers seasons 8)

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2019, 3:09 pm

Slightly, I watched it a bit on NBC when it was on TV. I also saw one game in person, the last ever game for the Memphis Pharaohs when they played at The Pyramid (formerly a concert/sports arena, it is now a Bass Pro Shops).

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2019, 7:23 am

zcientist wrote:
Slightly, I watched it a bit on NBC when it was on TV. I also saw one game in person, the last ever game for the Memphis Pharaohs when they played at The Pyramid (formerly a concert/sports arena, it is now a Bass Pro Shops).

I've heard of them. An arena football video game released by EA Sports in 2006 featured almost all of the league's bonus teams as unlockables, which was awesome as it allowed me to play as the Destroyers again :D

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2019, 2:29 pm

I think the AAL has doomed the XFL. There isn't a market for 2 minor leagues and the AAL came first and will be hard to destroy.

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2019, 2:30 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
zcientist wrote:

I've heard of them. An arena football video game released by EA Sports in 2006 featured almost all of the league's bonus teams as unlockables, which was awesome as it allowed me to play as the Destroyers again :D

Unfortunately they only did that to get 2K out of the market, which is why they haven't done it again since.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 7:19 pm

I like the good old NFL myself.....

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2019, 7:45 am

endersdragon34 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
zcientist wrote:

Unfortunately they only did that to get 2K out of the market, which is why they haven't done it again since.

I did not know that!! :o