Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 11:32 am

Embattled Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve itself in agreement with New York AG

Quote:
President Trump’s embattled charitable foundation has agreed to dissolve itself under judicial supervision as part of a lawsuit brought by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood.

The Trump Foundation had previously sought to dissolve on its own terms but has now signed a stipulation that requires it to do so with monitoring by the court and oversight by the attorney general’s office, which must review and approve disbursements of remaining funds to make sure the recipients are legitimate.

“Today’s stipulation accomplishes a key piece of the relief sought in our lawsuit earlier this year,” said New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood in a statement. “Under the terms, the Trump Foundation can only dissolve under judicial supervision – and it can only distribute its remaining charitable assets to reputable organizations approved by my office.”

The attorney general’s lawsuit alleged that the president and his three eldest children, who served as members of the foundation’s board, repeatedly used charitable donations for personal, political and business gains, including legal settlements, campaign contributions and even to purchase a portrait of Trump to hang at one of his hotels.

The alleged conduct, Underwood said, “amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 12:00 pm

My fired?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 1:25 pm

Just in case you needed a reminder of what Trump thinks of 'charity';
Trump stole money from children with cancer
Trump stole money from veterans

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 2:22 am

Hopefully this is just the beginning of the unraveling of the Trump empire.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 9:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hopefully this is just the beginning of the unraveling of the Trump empire.
Seconded. Unravelling the most tangled web of lies ever uttered.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2018, 8:48 pm

*You’re #maga