No smoking including electronic cigarettes.

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Taradine
Raven
Raven

19 Dec 2018, 1:15 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I'd much rather breathe in proper tobacco smoke - at least it's natural.

cadmium, lead, arsenic and hydrogen cyanide are "natural" too, but you're deluded if you think they're any better for you than straight water vapor and nicotine, which is what a lot of vapes are. not all, but a good amount.

i WISH cigarettes were nothing more than tobacco in a paper tube. but i never understood the appeal of tobacco anyway.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 1:18 pm

Taradine wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

cadmium, lead, arsenic and hydrogen cyanide are "natural" too, but you're deluded if you think they're any better for you than straight water vapor and nicotine, which is what a lot of vapes are. not all, but a good amount.

i WISH cigarettes were nothing more than tobacco in a paper tube. but i never understood the appeal of tobacco anyway.

My understanding is that most vaping liquids contain many more chemicals than literally just water and nicotine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 1:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I noticed that too. Those commercials for eCigs were very misleading about that.
Probably when they first came out it wasn't an issue or expected to be.
Well of course the manufacturers of e-cigarettes would never say anything bad about their products.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 1:25 pm

Taradine wrote:
... i never understood the appeal of tobacco anyway.
Smoking makes you look sexy...Image ... Image ... right?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 2:07 pm

Taradine wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

You're equally deluded if you think e cigarettes are just nicotine and water vapour - any of them.

Cigarettes have been around for well over a hundred years, and western governments, along with other, international bodies have devoted a large amount of time and effort to studying their composition and, as such, have had a chance to introduce a least a decent standard of regulation regarding what may and may not be put into then cigarettes one smokes. Regarding e cigarettes, however, we are still in the wild west days with little or no regulation.

By the way, I don't smoke, except on special occasions or when someone offers me one for free and equally wouldn't want to spend masses of time breathing the stuff in second hand; I just can't stand the sorts of neo-Puritan fascists who would deny someone else the right to smoke because they personally don't.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 2:18 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Taradine wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

You're equally deluded if you think e cigarettes are just nicotine and water vapour - any of them.

Cigarettes have been around for well over a hundred years, and western governments, along with other, international bodies have devoted a large amount of time and effort to studying their composition and, as such, have had a chance to introduce a least a decent standard of regulation regarding what may and may not be put into then cigarettes one smokes. Regarding e cigarettes, however, we are still in the wild west days with little or no regulation.

By the way, I don't smoke, except on special occasions or when someone offers me one for free and equally wouldn't want to spend masses of time breathing the stuff in second hand; I just can't stand the sorts of neo-Puritan fascists who would deny someone else the right to smoke because they personally don't.

At least where I live, I don't believe anyone has every proposed outlawing tobacco products, period. I think most people around here believe if a person wants to smoke tobacco in their own home or on their own property they should be able to smoke themselves into tracheotomy if they so choose.

The issue for me is smoking where I have to breathe it in. In my mind as I said previously, that would be no different than someone setting an open canister on a restaurant table which released noxious airborne carcinogens in the air and said "Poison" on the canister. No one would allow that and for obvious reasons. Tobacco or vape smoke should be looked on in the same way.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 2:48 pm

Magna wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
Taradine wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

At least where I live, I don't believe anyone has every proposed outlawing tobacco products, period. I think most people around here believe if a person wants to smoke tobacco in their own home or on their own property they should be able to smoke themselves into tracheotomy if they so choose.

The issue for me is smoking where I have to breathe it in. In my mind as I said previously, that would be no different than someone setting an open canister on a restaurant table which released noxious airborne carcinogens in the air and said "Poison" on the canister. No one would allow that and for obvious reasons. Tobacco or vape smoke should be looked on in the same way.

The plan is to ban tobacco products worldwide by 2040. This is a WHO directive, and loosely binding on pretty much every country in the world.

I don't have a problem with banning tobacco smoking indoors - just not categorically. If the majority of the clients in a pub all smoke and wish to smoke there, it's just as unjustified to say that the landlord HAS TO ban tobacco smoking there as that a private tenant who owns his own property HAS TO avoid smoking on it. The issue is one of property rights. Nobody is required by law to enter a pub where cigarettes are being smoked; those who don't wish to breathe in the other clients' smoke are free to stay away, but to say that the pub HAS TO ban smoking, just to accommodate those people is something out of Oliver Cromwell's Puritan England. Of course, on government owned and other publicly owned property, this doesn't apply, and it would be totally reasonable to ban cigarette smoking, or at least restrict it to designated areas - but not on private property.

The system I have just outlined is still observed in Austria, which has excellent standards of public health. This is telling, I think.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 4:48 pm

Tobacco smoke is disgusting. My boyfriend smokes indoors and you can see the tops of the walls and the ceiling is all yellow and brown from years of smoking. Yuk. If it's doing that to the walls then what is it doing to your lungs?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 4:52 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Tobacco smoke is disgusting. My boyfriend smokes indoors and you can see the tops of the walls and the ceiling is all yellow and brown from years of smoking. Yuk. If it's doing that to the walls then what is it doing to your lungs?

:shaking: If what being around smokers did to me happened to everyone they would be banned in an instant, and considered assault.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 6:45 pm

Taradine wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

I Remember bunch of news about how whole the pre-vape fluid is safe the post vape smoke is horribly unhealthy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 6:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about what’s it doing to your lungs?

My uncles smoked around me a lot when I was a kid I’m worried I’m going have cancer from it later in life :(
Spent a lot of time in the cab of a truck filled with smoke from cigs or cigars

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 6:57 pm

Most people who were born in the 1960s and 1970s (but especially the 1960s) had lots of second-hand smoke around them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm

Arganger wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

:shaking: If what being around smokers did to me happened to everyone they would be banned in an instant, and considered assault.

If meat made people explode we'd all be vegetarians, but that's not a reasonable tangent because it won't ever occur. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う