Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

puzzledoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2018, 2:42 am

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or the parents forum, but since it's not about parenting autistic kids in specific I figured it didn't belong there.

I've found that I can be a better mother and partner to my husband when i'm in a functioning poly group. It helps me keep my anxiety from impacting at home as much as it does when I do not have someone outside of home to lean on to help me with that. It also give my kids connections with more adults and gives me more advice with my kids best interests at heart. If a partner lives near (or has the ability to travel when needed) there is also the added support of another human around to help out with things.

Does anyone else here have experience raising kids in a poly setting? Any advice or stories to share?

I am looking for people going through similar life experiences, not people looking to judge situations they are not familiar with. Thank you ahead of time for being respectful of this.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2018, 9:17 am

Well I can't say I am in a polly relationship, only that I can see the advantage. It could really help some couples to have that third parent sharing in the child rearing duties. I sometimes have that with my sister in law, but she's not always around. so yeah...

RiverSeeker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2018, 11:26 pm

Not yet I don't, but I might in a year or two. Planning to start trying for a kid soon if I can get my primary partner past his nerves about the idea. And if I don't change my mind before that haha.