Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 12:11 pm

Actually, any TTRPG (AD&D, Traveller, et cetera) or MMORPG (Star Trek, World of Warcraft, et cetera) played out on a real holodeck would be so abso-effing-lutely awesome that I would never want to leave!

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 2:35 am

Fnord wrote:
MDD123 wrote:
If I had a holodeck, I'd just play "leisure suite larry".
One of the most humiliating tasks in the Federation would be "Holodeck Squeegee Operator".

:lmao: I'd just take my court martial if it ever came to that.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

A grand strategy game with the battles of a Total War game, the management/administration/intrigue system of Crusader Kings, and the diplomacy of Civilization (you know, when the computer AI isn't garbage. looking at you, Civ 6).

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 11:21 pm

My Dream Game would have these elements:

1. First person shooter
2. Single player
3. Open world
4. RPG elements, as simply running and gunning gets boring pretty quickly.
5. Post-apocalyptic would be nice, though not absolutely necessary
6. You have a companion in your travels, though not absolutely necessary.
7. Atmospheric elements (rain, snow, etc), though not absolutely necessary.
8. Engaging, intriguing and entertaining side quests
9. One of the weapons should be a sword, cutlass or machete for that up-close experience.
10. All the NPC's can be talked to and all buildings can be entered

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 5:44 am

I would love a Tetris game with RPG elements, much like how Puzzle Quest took the Bejeweled formula and made it something more substantial. With gear and such to grant greater attack power for different playstyles, such as aiming for Tetrises, combos or T-spins. And pets that'll do things like send useful blocks to you, or mounts that let you advance blocks through blocks a certain number of times per match. And a Dark Souls style invasion system that does matchmaking in the background.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 3:20 pm

An expansion pack to the Sims 2 where there are loads and loads of all different sorts of toys, games and themes for children, like ball pits and toy kitchens. Custom content is too complicated to download.

A Simpsons PC game where you can run around a pre-built Simpsons house and go in all of the rooms and do whatever you want.

Zubifish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2019, 8:41 pm

I’m obsessed with the 1800s and the 1920s, and I also really love simulation games like Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing etc. So I’d love a game set in the 19th century or early 20th century (or in a world with that aesthetic) with similation mechanics. Is that weird? Ah, whatever :P

MrFroz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2019, 8:24 am

A sequel to Severance: Blade of Darkness.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 12:51 am

Asteroids/Gravitar with scientifically accurate (though sped up for the sake of brevity) orbital mechanics. Maybe even with relativistic physics. When you fly too close to a black hole time slows down and your ship grows shorter due to lorentz contraction.

Also the ship should be able to drop bombs. One of the things that always bothered me about Gravitar is that the ship can only fire in the direction of travel. To float above the surface of the world required you to keep the ship pointed up. Most of the enemies would be below you. If you turn your ship upside to fire on them, you risk going too long without a downward thrust and crashing into the ground. If you keep your ship thrusting downwards, you're unable to fire on the gun turrets on the ground and risk being shot down by them. Being able to drop bombs, which fall towards the nearest gravity well regardless of which direction your ship is facing would remedy this problem.

The game should have clicky, microswitch based controls. Of course the game should be played on a vector monitor because vector monitors are awesome! They're also quite bulky but perhaps they could be made smaller by using a flat Sony Watchmen style tube.

ImageImage

I'd also like a crossover between Simcity and Grand Theft Auto. By day, you're the mayor / urban planner of a growing city. By night, you're a hitman / car thief who races on the street layout you designed the previous day.

Omega the Shadow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2019, 4:54 am

I have an idea for an open world single player game where every major location is randomly arranged on the map when you start a new play-through. The main objective would be to search for and collect as may abilities as you can scattered throughout the map to gain the power of a god, and challenge the final boss whenever you feel up to the task.

When you start a new game, a cutscene will play where two metaphysical beings named Paragon and Corruption are fighting each other high in the sky. The fight ends with Paragon being defeated, but not before dealing one last critical blow to Corruption. Upon defeat, Paragon breaks apart into several small particles, each one representing an aspect of Paragon's power, and begins falling to the world below. After the scene ends, you will be taken to a character customization screen. Once you finish customizing your character, a short scene will play where the particle containing Paragon's Will is falling to the ground in first person perspective before crashing through the roof of a house and lands on the player character, sleeping in their bed. The perspective switches to the player character as they open their eyes and look up at the small hole in the ceiling. And that is where the game starts.

The game plays in third person perspective and you start off completely powerless beyond your mundane human abilities. You can challenge Corruption from the very beginning just by sleeping in your bed, but unless you have at least some certain abilities you wont be able to hit Corruption at all.

There are other details I could mention, but I feel like I would just be rambling at this point.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2019, 1:50 pm

my dream game would be an open-world mmorpg just like World of Warcraft or the witcher 3 (not online, but I wish it was also online).

I have an idea to create a videogame like WoW but with way more improved graphics, better animations etc etc. it would be a great game imho, I am still waiting to this day to a game similar to WoW but improved under this point of view.

I loved The Witcher 3 lore (and trust me, as an Aspie, it takes a really good lore to interest me!)
Geralt of Rivia is still to this day the character I loved the most and from whom I have taken a lot of tips in dealing with social relationships!! ! (I know this sounds super weird, but when I was 17 I still had very bad social skills and seeing a guy like Geralt behaving "like an aspie" staring at people, speaking slow and only when needed made me feel "accepted".)
I still go back to it when I need to feel some kind of empathy towards my condition. Never had any other videogame such an effect on my condition. :D

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:06 pm

A single player RPG where nothing in the game is copy pasted, everything handdrawn and in 4K 3D, a total work of art. It would have an original storyline, no boring MMORPG busy work quests, and have an original soundtrack by a composer like Nobuo Uematsu. The battle system would be active, not turn based but allow you to pause to select abilities or items in menus. It would take place in a cyberpunk/fantasy world. If it was on the PC, it would need to be on Steam and no sh***y Epic exclusive, it would also need full controller support. It would also be free of microtransactions. It would have between 100-150 hours of content, 200-250GB in size and I wouldn't care if it cost as much as $150.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 7:24 am

Noca wrote:
It would also be free of microtransactions. It would have between 100-150 hours of content, 200-250GB in size and I wouldn't care if it cost as much as $150.

I think that's a safe bet considering the strict laws the US introduced against microtransactions. Of course those laws will affect us to.