Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 4:41 am

AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Anybody who refuses an order by Trump to launch nukes would be in legal trouble. If they could prove the order itself was illegal they would be off the hook. The people who would carry out the order are likely to be by inclination and training would follow an order given by their commander in chief.

hasn't the news been reporting that according to anonymous sources they're already subverting the president?

What happened with the investigation into the article some months ago about the people working behind the scenes to save the world from Trumps mis-steps? For example, taking documents off his desk before he saw them. I never read of the author being identified.

I imagine they were fired or resigned.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 5:38 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Anybody who refuses an order by Trump to launch nukes would be in legal trouble. If they could prove the order itself was illegal they would be off the hook. The people who would carry out the order are likely to be by inclination and training would follow an order given by their commander in chief.

hasn't the news been reporting that according to anonymous sources they're already subverting the president?

What happened with the investigation into the article some months ago about the people working behind the scenes to save the world from Trumps mis-steps? For example, taking documents off his desk before he saw them. I never read of the author being identified.

Or they never existed.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 11:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Or they never existed.

I would suspect that they did/do exist. I worked for the federal government here and there were certainly senior officials that you had to work around because they wanted to do illegal or idiotic things. I can’t think of any reason why this went silent. I can’t believe that if they’ve been discovered, Trump would let them quietly resign. He would want to make an example of them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 1:13 am

AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Or they never existed.

I would suspect that they did/do exist. I worked for the federal government here and there were certainly senior officials that you had to work around because they wanted to do illegal or idiotic things. I can’t think of any reason why this went silent. I can’t believe that if they’ve been discovered, Trump would let them quietly resign. He would want to make an example of them.

far as i know no one has been discovered. really if that was going on, why would an anonymous source involved bring it to trump's attention by alerting the media?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 1:17 am

Seriously WTF is the point of having self destruct buttons on a planet? :skull:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: