Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 4:57 am

And now for some comic relief.
Kids, Please Do Not Read This Article on What Trump Said About Santa Claus

Quote:
Hey, kids under 8 years old, thanks for reading The New York Times. But this time, please don’t. Maybe go play Minecraft or something instead.

… O.K., are they gone now? Cool. Here’s what President Trump said to a child about Santa Claus on Monday.

The Daily Beast

@thedailybeast
Donald Trump, answering phone call from 7-year-old on Christmas Eve: "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at seven it's marginal, right?"

Sadly, we do not know how the 7-year-old, named Coleman, responded to the president of the United States’ suggestion that his parents had been lying to him all his life and that he would probably get wise to it soon. The president made the comments from the White House while he and the first lady, Melania Trump, fielded calls from a hotline for children wondering where Santa was.

Mr. Trump’s faux pas was roundly mocked on social media, where he was criticized for breaking the covenant in which we have all agreed to deceive our children.

Most children stop believing in Santa somewhere between 5 and 8 years old, according to several studies. That range has been largely consistent for decades; a 1978 study said that 85 percent of 5-year-olds believed, while just 25 percent of 8-year-olds kept the faith.

One 2015 study from Australia found that children are catching on earlier, perhaps because the internet is full of spoilers.

It appeared the Trumps were enjoying the occasion, which is part of the annual Santa-tracking program run by the North American Aerospace Defense Command, known as Norad. Mr. Trump let out an ear-to-ear smile during his discussion with Coleman, while Ms. Trump called it “one of my favorite traditions.”

And Coleman, who was probably going to figure it out eventually anyway, will now have a story to tell for the rest of his life. Merry Christmas to all.

It is bad enough with the damm liberals and their War on Christmas but now our Dear Leader has bought into it, Oh Dear(sarcasm).

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 4:03 pm

You're a mean one, Mister Trump!
You really are a heel!
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Trump!
You're a bad banana with a ... greasy black peel!

:lol: With apologies to Theodor Seuss Geisel

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 5:13 pm

It's Mrs. Trump - not Ms.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 5:21 pm

I posted the clip over in the humor thread:

viewtopic.php?t=188519&p=8114412#p8114412

It's really funny because he's establishing rapport with the little kid in just that short call, and he says, "Are you still a believer in Santa Claus?" And then there's the pause while the kid is answering — we can't hear what he says, but it must have been something like, "Well, I used to, but now I'm seven and I'm not sure." So Trump paces right along with him: "at seven it's marginal, right?" Funny and delightful. :santa: :rendeer: :D

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 10:27 pm

how many 7 year olds know what marginal means? marginal is what you spread on toast.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 11:21 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
It's Mrs. Trump - not Ms.

Do you know that she prefers that title? Just because she uses her husband’s surname doesn’t mean that she must go by Mrs.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 11:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
how many 7 year olds know what marginal means? marginal is what you spread on toast.

I read (on BBC I think), that the child said that she didn’t know what marginal meant. And the child is a girl. The name was spelt slightly differently.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Dec 2018, 2:30 am

Marginal isn't a word I'd expect my 8 year old niece to know, nor a word I've used in my stories aimed at kids.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 2:54 am

I'm waiting for the press conference about this.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 3:18 am

EzraS wrote:
I'm waiting for the press conference about this.

I don't think there's any need for that. It's clearly an impeachable offense. We need to proceed straight to trial followed by summary execution for treason. Orange Man Bad!

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 7:33 am

EzraS wrote:

I remember one of my favourite and earliest video games (ATF - Advanced Tactical Fighter) for the C64, my first computer, taught me the meaning of the word marginal. If you didn't lose all your lives first, the game would end with either an allied or enemy victory, and it would be either a marginal, strategic or overwhelming victory.