stubble-short :| 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
bald :| 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 31

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 2:43 am

do any men here on WP have long hair? or short hair? how long or short is your hair? :afro:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 2:46 am

when I had a working Flowbee, I kept it just over my ears and collar, but when it went kaput a few years back, I let it grow until it stopped growing, been halfway down my back since 2014. every few years beforehand, i'd let it grow out until I got tired of it, but as I grew older I became aware that it was thinner than it used to be so if I cut it again it might just not grow back again, so I stopped cutting it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 3:22 am

i have no preference of hair style. but i have always really hated getting haircuts. scissors and clippers trigger me. so my hair is usually long and shaggy because of that. It gets quickly trimmed at home from time to time. even that gets me squirming.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Dec 2018, 6:10 am

When I get my hair cut I get it cut very short like a 2 on the razor & it looks like a buzz cut but I don't get it cut again till I start having a hard time combing it which is usually when it starts to go over my ears. I start having a hard time combing it when it gets shorter & shorter cuz of the way I'm losing it due to male-pattern baldness :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 6:20 am

At the moment: long enough to cover my neck and hit parts of my shoulder.

Prolly will get it cut soon. Considering going really short for a change of pace, or maybe not.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 7:01 am

Can't answer your poll AB as 3/4 of my hair is past my shoulder , the other 1/4 is military short

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raymond Ore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2018, 7:44 am

Always hated getting my hair cut but it's now to thin to keep long so I cut it myself very short with clippers

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 8:00 am

It varies, right now i have short hair but there are times when i don't give a crap and have shoulder long hair.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 9:34 am

I've had long hair on/off for years. I cut it back in April after no haircuts for 3-4 years. It had been past my shoulders, got it cut down to sort of a short-shaggy length.

My hair hasn't be as voluminous since. I still have the same coverage atop my pate, but it's just not as thick. Now, you can say it's my age and maybe this is part of hair getting thinner. But I'm not seeing any clumps of hair in the shower or any noticeable change in my hair line. It's just feels thinner ever since getting it cut.

In the past, when my hair was short/shaggy, it was thick. I'd never feel raindrops unless it was a torrential downpour. Now the hair just feels so thin...

Point is, I'm wondering if it's damaged from all the weight of growing from head-to-shoulder. I'm thinking about buzzing it down to nearly-buzz cut and seeing if it grows in thicker.

Would anyone advise/not advise this? Anyone have experience with damaged and/or thinning hair.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 9:39 am

i know a guy with autism who starts out nearly bald and clean shaven and then after his curly red hair and beard grow out to where he looks like a chia pet, it all gets shaved off.

Last edited by EzraS on 27 Dec 2018, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 9:47 am

I voted Ice Cream---as per usual.

My hair is moderately short, over the ears. When I need a haircut, it goes a little below the tops of my ears.

I had hair almost down to my shoulders right before I graduated high school in 1979. I cut it soon after----and all my acne disappeared.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 10:26 am

I like my hair short. I #2 clipper attachment for the sides and back and then the top short, but not so short that it stands up. I also like short hair because I don't have to wash it very often. Just rinsing vigorously with the hot water from the shower and a brisk rub dry and the natural oils of my head keep my hair looking healthy but not greasy.

ChoriQueso
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2018, 11:47 am

I'm 45, and male pattern baldness has done its work on me. So I bought some clippers to keep my hair stubble-short. I still have my beard, though, so I actually look kind of fashionable right now. Strange feeling.

My first post. Hello, everyone.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 12:21 pm

^ Greetings.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2018, 4:55 pm

Was always short while in the military. Then I was out, so I tried growing it long for Cancer. But after 4-½ years, I gave up. I'd be dead before it reached the length they want.

Now it is short again, #1 on side & back, longer on top. Looks & feels much nicer.

Free head pats allowed!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 5:22 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Can't answer your poll AB as 3/4 of my hair is past my shoulder , the other 1/4 is military short

An extreme mullet?