Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

I think I understand about ghosting, it’s when men are invisible but reading your messages without talking to you, I guess. When you talking to guys, but stop talking to you after a few days or more, why they don’t want to tell you it’s over? Why can men like you, but don’t want to talk to you? It’s because they busy or they out of town for the holidays?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 7:16 pm

Mostly because they lose interest and move on to someone else.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Dec 2018, 8:47 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
When you talking to guys, but stop talking to you after a few days or more, why they don’t want to tell you it’s over?
It's too much effort for them & they want to save face & avoid confrontation

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 3:55 am

Kitty, there are probably reasons why they are ghosting you and if they are doing it, maybe you came on too strong and appeared clingy when all they wanted was to get into your underwear. Maybe they didn't like something you said - then they would probably never want to be with you in real life. Just - move - on.

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
When you talking to guys, but stop talking to you after a few days or more, why they don’t want to tell you it’s over?
It's too much effort for them & they want to save face & avoid confrontation

They are mentally weak and cannot give a straight answer like "i'm not interested". Same with some women, who just don't use the block function. Ghosting is just a pathetic method used by feeble people.

I've had some of that with women myself. Now i just send a message, if they don't answer within 24 hours, i block them. No need to waste your life on such people.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 4:51 am

The reason is that most people have no decency. Perhaps the number one reason I don't use dating sites.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:08 am

A fb acquaintance once posted a quote she made that was like “The most basic act of respect is acknowldging one’s presence, but with this new age of technology people think it’s ok to skip that through online communication means”.

Probably she was hinting at some friends who were ignoring her messages, you know some people do such silly and drama hints on fb.
I messaged her and asked her if that includes guys courting women because this is where ghosting happens most, like in her “wisdom quote”, and she was no, that’s a different sorry and said her post doesn’t include this case, she said it’s ok for a single women to ghost guys because there are too many guys messaging them. That what she told me.

So most probably these guys are ghosting you because they are not interested in you.