Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 4:51 pm

I totally relate to your post since I was single for a very long time before being in my current LT relationship.

Quote:
And to those of you who with partners raising the point that I could end up in an abusive relationship, well your partner could turn around and start abusing you tomorrow. Are you going to break it off tomorrow on the basis that they could start abusing you? Of course you're not,

I only disagree with you on this part, if you partner becomes abusive at any day, just run.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:47 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
TUF wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
I can understand wanting a relationship, but what makes me scratch my head is that some guys seem to want a girlfriend so she can "fix" him.

Having a relationship isn't going to repair a lifetime of anxiety, depression, and obsessive thoughts. I also don't think its healthy to place all of your hopes of happiness on another person.

Exactly. She isn't his therapist.

Go to a therapist for your emotional needs, go to Rosie Palms for your sexual needs.

Go to a relationship when you've worked this stuff out with your therapist and find a woman you actually respectas a human being.

I don't think he'll get abused but I think if he goes into it with this mindset, he's likely to abuse her when it turns out that she's a human being and not an (hopefully just) emotional punch bag and sex doll.

He probably would 'prefer an abusive relationship' because he's not considered what the physical realities of that are for some people in such relationships. He isn't thinking through the realities of what he's saying and how some people might take it. How I'm taking it, essentially.

Basically I'm saying that comment which is quite offensive is one which might just be a theory of mind problem for him.

I don't think this 'someone could wake up and turn into an abuser' thing is true either. There are red flags with abusers. Patterns of behaviour. It's worth studying up on this stuff before getting into a relationship, especially if you're physically or emotionally more at risk than other people are. Some of the patterns look 'ideal' but if someone is trying to groom you, this counts as a red flag, especially if they try to separate you from the people who care about you (again, get a group of friends around you before dating so you have a support network).

It's worth studying up on the reality of abuse and the psychological profiles of abusers.

It does suck the way that society pressures men to lose their virginities at all costs. There aren't many non-abusive ways around that. The way I recommend is, recognise this for the BS social construct it is rather than the be all and end all of life. And then find someone you love enough that you can mutually enjoy sex together. If it's a mutual respect, as it should be, she won't give a toss if you're a virgin, in fact she'll probably prefer that you have standards and morals. This is of course if she's worth it.

Again for this, work on theory of mind and trying to see things from her POV.

I think you're being unfair on Mr Inquisitor just a little. He hasn't actually said that he sees a prospective partner as a "fix" for him, although maybe this is implied. I also think that your claim that he would prefer an abusive relationship is insulting. I also think you should avoid referring to him solely using the third person pronoun.

That said, I agree with a lot of what you have said; Mr Inquisitor needs to see a girlfriend in slightly more human terms; his second reason is quite decent and humane, but I agree that the first part is unhealthy. He should also work on self esteem issues before rather than after finding a girlfriend. Mr Raleigh's analysis is spot on in this respect.

I'm basing it on this quote:

'I'd highly prefer to have even an equal amount of positive and abusive relationships than none at all'

Maybe he means 'an equal amount of negative and positive relationships. If he means that then he's just using unclear language.

If I say 'you' the reader assumes I'm talking about them.

OP, do you mean, 'I wouldn't care if she was a bit mean to me and called me names sometimes' or 'I wouldn't care if she physically beat me' or something in between... There's a big difference between the two. I recommend not seeking out any sort of bully or becoming any sort of bully yourself but 'abusive' has some very dark connotations and when I speak of abusive I mean sexual and physical abuse.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can see where Inquisitor is coming from.

But I would, still, put “finding a girlfriend” on the back burner, in favor of pursuing your interests.

That assumes a lot

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:23 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Mr Kortie: So can I to an extent, and would also agree that there are other priorities (one of them - but not the only one - being pursuit of personal interests.) For instance, I'm not making a value judgement here, but Mr Inquisitor has stated elsewhere that he still lives with his parents (unless I'm confusing him with someone else). This makes it much more difficult to pursue a romantic/sexual relationship. He has also stated, I think, that he doesn't drive (again, not making a value judgement; I can't drive either, though I do live alone); this poses the same problem. One must make sure that his situation is appropriate for the pursuit of a partner.

Also, the sense of need for a relationship, which all women - particularly NTs - can pick up on is also often found to be off-putting.

I see this a lot and my question is alway what do the people who can’t live up to societies standards do, kill themselfs?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Women really can’t “fix” things. You have to “fix” yourself.

Many date a broke woman then be broken together, maybe people don’t need fixed

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:42 pm

You will always tell yourself you want what you dont have because this is a form of problem solving, the brain being the ultimate problem solving machine.
It tells people who are not in a relationship that they will be happier in a relationship because that may solve the problem of being unhappy.
It may also tell you suicide is a solution because that solves the problem of everything.
The mind isn't really that rational in a lot of ways.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I think the issue for me is about quality rather than quantity, and this, if I may say so, is perhaps where i deviate from you. I'm perfectly happy to have no relationship, if the alternative is one with someone I don't love, and given that I know of almost no women (or men) I could bring myself to love, this is an end to it.

You seem to see a sexual relationship as a source of self esteem, at least in addition to any considerations of love; it cannot work this way. Self esteem must always come from within, and to relinquish one's judgements as to the virtues of another person and to see them as being in some way a tool, is the surest possible way to destroy any self respect, even if you may not realise it now.

I wouldn't accept just anyone either, though I'd say my list of prerequisites for a partner is probably a lot shorter than yours, and judging by your post I'm doubting that an inability to get a relationship despite wanting one has caused you to experience the same self-esteem issues that it has for me.

The way I see it, self-esteem, or at least confidence is earned by success, or one's perceived ability to be successful in a certain area, and if you have accrued no reasons to believe that you'll be successful in a certain area and worse, if you've accrued evidence to the contrary, then being confident about your chances would be insane. Unfortunately I can't just wish myself to have self-esteem and then it magically appears, a series of events would have to occur through which I earn it, and until now it hasn't.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can see where Inquisitor is coming from.

But I would, still, put “finding a girlfriend” on the back burner, in favor of pursuing your interests.

I'm not out there actively doing much to try and find a relationship anymore. Only a fool continues to play a game that he can't win, so in a physical respect you could say I have already put it on the backburner. Mentally it's more challenging to do so when the mere reminder that relationships exist for other people trails your mind back to the fact that you are unable to find a relationship ever.

With respect to pursuing interests, I'm honestly not interested in much (shout-out to restricted and repetitive interests on the ASD diagnostic criteria), and what I am interested in that doesn't require me laying back and watching/listening to something, I don't have much of an inclination to pursue. My well of motivation has largely dried up, and I don't think it would be unreasonable to attribute that to depression. A depression that could at least largely be solved if I didn't feel totally dejected as a result of being excluded from the dating world.

I am still pursuing some things though. I'm still in the process of lining up that secondary employment at Uber Eats that I intend to use as a way to both make money and exercise. The idea of making money is something that motivates me.

fiber bundle wrote:
You have allowed yourself to become attached to your conception of the ideal of a romantic relationship. This is not only causing suffering, but might also set yourself up for major disappointment when you do enter a relationship with all these expectations on what it will do for you. If you are not interested in any specific person at this time, you should just be patient and find happiness in what you do have in your life, rather than what you so desperately want.

I hope you find someone special eventually, but it's best to live in the moment.

Nobody has an unlimited supply of patience, and I'm afraid after 10 years of wanting a relationship and not being able to get one, mine has run dry. Of course there's nothing I can do about that, but just pointing out that I'm past the stage of having patience at this point.
XFilesGeek wrote:
I can understand wanting a relationship, but what makes me scratch my head is that some guys seem to want a girlfriend so she can "fix" him.

Having a relationship isn't going to repair a lifetime of anxiety, depression, and obsessive thoughts. I also don't think its healthy to place all of your hopes of happiness on another person.

I'm not asking anyone to do anything to "fix" me. I wouldn't be asking any more out of a relationship than anyone else, but just by being in one my insecurity and depression related to not being able to get a girlfriend would go from being rational to irrational, and as such I highly suspect they would diminish significantly, if not vanish entirely. Any time I've considered myself close to being in a relationship, I've instantly felt better about my situation, and then when it doesn't happen I go back to my regular state like how I've presented here. It doesn't take a psychological expert to figure out the correlation.

Also, I don't have a lifetime of anxiety and depression (maybe obsessive thoughts, but I'm not expecting anyone to change that). I never mentioned anxiety at all, because it's largely just not a problem for me most of the time, and the depression I've developed is intertwined with my inability to get a relationship. I'm truly convinced that if I could expel my doubts about being able or worthy to get a relationship through contradicting them with reality, that my depression would diminish significantly. Maybe you don't understand, but you're not inside my head either.

Raleigh wrote:
If you're using someone else as a crutch there's going to be a certain amount of fear that your crutch may fall out from under you.
Fear and love don't coexist well.
It will either turn you into a pleaser or a controller.
Neither make for a healthy relationship.

Well if you have another suggestion of how I can go about building confidence in my perceived ability to get a relationship without ever having had one, and not having favourable responses from women to that end, I'm all ears. Like I said, I wish things hadn't festered to this point, but it's all clearly been outside of my control.
TUF wrote:
Exactly. She isn't his therapist.

Go to a therapist for your emotional needs, go to Rosie Palms for your sexual needs.

Go to a relationship when you've worked this stuff out with your therapist and find a woman you actually respectas a human being.

I don't think he'll get abused but I think if he goes into it with this mindset, he's likely to abuse her when it turns out that she's a human being and not an (hopefully just) emotional punch bag and sex doll.

He probably would 'prefer an abusive relationship' because he's not considered what the physical realities of that are for some people in such relationships. He isn't thinking through the realities of what he's saying and how some people might take it. How I'm taking it, essentially.

Basically I'm saying that comment which is quite offensive is one which might just be a theory of mind problem for him.

I don't think this 'someone could wake up and turn into an abuser' thing is true either. There are red flags with abusers. Patterns of behaviour. It's worth studying up on this stuff before getting into a relationship, especially if you're physically or emotionally more at risk than other people are. Some of the patterns look 'ideal' but if someone is trying to groom you, this counts as a red flag, especially if they try to separate you from the people who care about you (again, get a group of friends around you before dating so you have a support network).

It's worth studying up on the reality of abuse and the psychological profiles of abusers.

It does suck the way that society pressures men to lose their virginities at all costs. There aren't many non-abusive ways around that. The way I recommend is, recognise this for the BS social construct it is rather than the be all and end all of life. And then find someone you love enough that you can mutually enjoy sex together. If it's a mutual respect, as it should be, she won't give a toss if you're a virgin, in fact she'll probably prefer that you have standards and morals. This is of course if she's worth it.

Again for this, work on theory of mind and trying to see things from her POV.

Well then, please enlighten me as to what a therapist can possibly do when the problem presented is emotional issues and self-esteem issues related to an inability to get a relationship. My experience with psychologists suggests it's next to nothing. The way I see it, if a psychologist can't do anything to help me achieve a more fulfilling romantic life, then they're largely useless to me. My own experiences plus deep thought on the matter has brought me to that conclusion, and it has yet to be contradicted by other experiences or any evidence anyone has put forward thus far. Good luck contradicting it.

If Mrs Palmer and her five daughters was always a sufficient mode of sexual release, then nobody would ever need to have sex with another person. The fact of the matter is you miss out on a lot in one-person sex acts as opposed to sexual encounters marked by genuine interest from both parties, and it just doesn't suffice as the only method of release. Prostitutes wouldn't do it for me either as through the whole process with them, I find it highly unlikely that I would be able to redirect my mind from the fact that they're not with me of their own volition and it's just a job for them. I wouldn't pay someone to be my friend and in my mind paying for sex is no different.

I don't understand where on earth you get this idea that I'm looking for an emotional punch bag/sex doll as opposed to a life partner. Did you even read my post? Because that comment suggests to me that the message didn't seep through. And it's awfully game of you to assume that I would become an abuser based on one post you've read from me. I'm neither a violent, nor controlling, nor manipulative person, but thanks for your armchair psychology character profile of me.

When I said I'd prefer to have an equal amount of abusive relationships and positive relationships, depending on the extent of the abuse, perhaps that's not entirely true, but I was just trying to illustrate the fact that I would rather experience a lot of pain and an equal amount of pleasure cumulatively from relationships than to never have one at all. I've never been in an abusive relationship (obviously), so I'm not considering the extent to which the abuse would go, so sure, I might have been out of line with that comment. What I meant was I would rather experience certain types of abuse and be able to get relationships I enjoy rather than be stuck in the tormentuous realm of being unable to experience any kind of relationship. To an extent, I would take the pain if it meant I could have pleasure too, because being unable to get a relationship is already painful in its own way. I'd take pleasure and pain over just pain.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 8:14 pm

Raleigh wrote:
You will always tell yourself you want what you dont have because this is a form of problem solving, the brain being the ultimate problem solving machine.
It tells people who are not in a relationship that they will be happier in a relationship because that may solve the problem of being unhappy.
It may also tell you suicide is a solution because that solves the problem of everything.
The mind isn't really that rational in a lot of ways.

I would argue that when there is a very clear correlation between an inability to get a relationship and resulting depression then it ceases to become a mere theory. My depression onset correlated flawlessly with my frustrations about my inability to get a relationship, and I would be flabbergasted to find out that there was another cause, because all evidence I have accrued points to it being explicitly a lacking ability to get a relationship. I understand that depression isn't the same for everyone, but like I say, any time I've felt close to being in a relationship, the depression has largely lifted only to come back when I'm slapped with the reality that it's not happening. My perception of what is needed to get rid of the depression that I face is at least sufficient evidence to suggest that getting a relationship is plausable for me, and that I can be seen romantically by women rather than just being tossed aside like I always am.

colossalfailure
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2018, 3:43 pm

All of those are very good reasons to want a relationship, people will argue that you have to be ready and first find self fulfillment or whatnot but the fact is that thats simply not the case, you cannot spend your life alone, humans are social beings that depend on others for validation and often guidance. Relationships are the most normal thing ever and if you dont have one its no wonder then that you will suffer

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 3:58 pm

I think depression and low self esteem can easily be the consequence of failing with relationships, but at the root of the problem is a failure to be yourself. You don't need socal competence, a job or lots of friends to have high self esteem. You don't need them to get a partner either. All that is required for high self esteem is to be comfortable with yourself.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2019, 6:55 pm

Inquisitor:

Let me just start by saying I think your posts have been the most sensible ones I've read. I don't want anything I say beyond that to be seen as invalidating your feelings or experience. I do understand, so if anything else I have to say comes across as preachy, I apologize as that is not my intention.

Some of the things you pointed out regarding those of us in a relationship and what we say to those who aren't are concerning and relevant to me.

You pointed out how people in relationships question why you want to be in a relationship. Ok, WHY you want to be in a relationship is your business. You want a relationship? Fine. Go be in a relationship. Or at least try.

You admit that self-esteem is a part of it. Ok, you're being honest. I respect that.

Now that the obvious stuff is out of the way...

Yes, I would have a similar question about WHY. Sure, relationships CAN turn out abusive, but they don't NECESSARILY turn out abusive. That's like saying LED traffic lights are evil because SOMETIMES snow and ice can cake up on them, whereas incandescent bulbs are hot and keep the lights free of obstruction. So what? You can redesign the guard around the lights, and I know of at least one light bulb that has a sensor that can activate a heating coil that will keep ice off the LED's similar to how a rear window heater works in your automobile. It's a no-brainer. Saying relationships are bad because they CAN be abusive is just stupid. And just because problems CAN arise in relationships doesn't mean those problems can't be resolved, especially when the outcome is more advantageous than a previous condition. Being in a relationship is more often preferable to not. So let's just get that out of the way and deal with something more substantial.

My concern is something you've already answered, and that relates to self-esteem. The issue is the claim that the lack of a relationship is the cause of low self-esteem and depression, whereas the cure for low self-esteem and depression would be being in a relationship (because the lack thereof is the cause).

Logically, that would seem to work.

Except that's not reality.

The problem, and why it doesn't work that way, is because you're basing your self-esteem and joy--and, in essence, your identity--on another person. You are placing the responsibility for your happiness, your self-value, and your identity on another person or on status that is directly related to another person. It's illogical.

It's illogical because doing so essentially makes the other person (or potential other person) a slave to your identity and self-esteem. You might ask, "well, why not?" Well, it means that as long as someone has the right to leave you, self-esteem and identity for the duration of the relationship is artificial and impermanent. If you could literally hold someone captive or enslave them, then your identity and self-esteem is still artificial because the other person can only pretend to love you while performing acts of love under coercion or force. Do you want genuine, lasting identity and self-esteem?

You might say that she is free and you're a willing slave to her. Doesn't change the fact that she could leave you at any time. And if you are a slave to her, is your love for her genuine love, and does she want genuine love or not? If she wants genuine love, she can't stay with you because you cannot give her what she wants. You might decide to fake it and see if you can fool her into thinking you love her. OK, but you're still not doing yourself any favors. That's because you become a slave to deception. Eventually the lies will wear you down since you cannot live that way and continue to get what you want. It takes a toll on the person you're leeching from, too. You can become a yes-man. And your lack of initiative and decisiveness will cause her to be resentful and bitter towards you. She'll become abusive, and eventually you'll lose your mind. And when you either go nuts or she leaves you, what's that going to do to your self-esteem? Notice I didn't ask about your identity. If I'd asked what that does for your identity, that would imply that you had an identity in the first place.

Your self-esteem CANNOT be successfully derived from relationships. You may think it can be. You can blame low self-esteem on lack of relational success. But in the end, it's impossible. It just won't work.

Self-esteem has to be derived from who and what you are as an individual. What do you do that you enjoy? What are you good at? What makes you unique and special? What can you do better than anyone else? What ideas do you have that you could share to improve your life and the lives of others? Self-esteem is tied to your own sense of value, not the value others give you. If you achieve something with a useful activity, people will recognize what you do and they'll respect you for it. Girls who didn't find you attractive before will at the very least find you interesting. That's not WHY you achieve, of course, but rather respect and attraction are consequences of achievement.

This is NOT a magical formula for starting or maintaining a relationship. No matter how good you are at something, there's always a risk that you may never have anyone. The point is that other people aren't important. YOU are. You can't work yourself to death for the approval of others when approval may never come. Do it for yourself. IF they come, let them come, and be generous when they do. But don't define yourself by someone else or the relationships of others. That's the only way you're going to fix the self-esteem problem. Do this, and relationships won't matter.

Like I said, feeling good about yourself and understanding your own self-worth happen to be attractive features. Being good at things tends to make people attractive. I can't make any promises or guarantees. But I'm sure this demonstrates that, if nothing else, a high sense of one's own personal value and high expectations of yourself and others makes it more LIKELY that you'll find someone. And it will make the relationship itself easier and more worthwhile BECAUSE your partner isn't tasked with your happiness. You can enjoy what you have to offer each other because your happiness isn't dependent on status. And, as most relationships do, when you break up, you don't walk away empty handed. You still have your own identity and your own value.

People will often say "if you're not happy outside a relationship, you won't be happy in one, either." It's a true statement, but I'm not sure it's a very well-explained statement. It certainly does little to make you feel better when someone says it, and it's a bit of a platitude the way it's often used. Hopefully understanding a little more WHY this is true is helpful as you move forward.

I'm not going to tell you NOT to pursue a relationship. I don't think that's the solution. You should if that's what you want. But be sure you're not pursuing a relationships for your happiness. Relationships are ongoing exchanges between individuals. You cannot be held responsible for her happiness any more than you can hold her responsible for yours. But perhaps your interests and values overlap at some point, or perhaps you have complementary or similar life goals you can work towards together. But don't be fooled into thinking that's what's going to make you happy. It really is true if you are unhappy NOT in a relationship, being in one isn't going to help. Get into a relationship for the wrong reasons and you'll be much unhappier.

If you need to get into a bad relationship and experience that for yourself, more power to you. I wouldn't test it, myself. But do try to get at the REAL root of your depression and low self-esteem before seeking joy in a relationship. If you get into a relationship and this is a work in progress, fine. I've got no problem with that. But defo ADDRESS it rather than counting on the relationship itself to fix it for you. It won't. I'd like to see you do better than that, and I believe that you can.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 7:43 am

AngelRho wrote:
My concern is something you've already answered, and that relates to self-esteem. The issue is the claim that the lack of a relationship is the cause of low self-esteem and depression, whereas the cure for low self-esteem and depression would be being in a relationship (because the lack thereof is the cause).

Logically, that would seem to work.

Except that's not reality.

The problem, and why it doesn't work that way, is because you're basing your self-esteem and joy--and, in essence, your identity--on another person. You are placing the responsibility for your happiness, your self-value, and your identity on another person or on status that is directly related to another person. It's illogical.

Put it another way, and you are independent on the other person. Infatuation & attachment are highly enjoyable "states" that creates happiness, and they are not dependent on the other person unless you make it dependent. A feature of many relationships is attachment (and potentially also infatuation), and so there actually is a link between being in a relationship and happiness, and it is not dependent on dragging the other person down or anything.

It can also be viewed in the same way as when men brag about their "conquests". Having a lot of sex creates status among other men, and so creates high self-esteem. The same is true for relationships with highly sought-for women. So, at least in the NT-world, there certainly is a link between self-esteem and success with women.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:14 pm

Quote:
I'm not asking anyone to do anything to "fix" me. I wouldn't be asking any more out of a relationship than anyone else, but just by being in one my insecurity and depression related to not being able to get a girlfriend would go from being rational to irrational, and as such I highly suspect they would diminish significantly, if not vanish entirely. Any time I've considered myself close to being in a relationship, I've instantly felt better about my situation, and then when it doesn't happen I go back to my regular state like how I've presented here. It doesn't take a psychological expert to figure out the correlation.

Also, I don't have a lifetime of anxiety and depression (maybe obsessive thoughts, but I'm not expecting anyone to change that). I never mentioned anxiety at all, because it's largely just not a problem for me most of the time, and the depression I've developed is intertwined with my inability to get a relationship. I'm truly convinced that if I could expel my doubts about being able or worthy to get a relationship through contradicting them with reality, that my depression would diminish significantly. Maybe you don't understand, but you're not inside my head either.

Forgot about this thread.

I wasn't really thinking about you when I was talking about men who wanted a partner to "fix" them, I was speaking in general.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 9:32 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't really thinking about you when I was talking about men who wanted a partner to "fix" them, I was speaking in general.

Okay, but generally one tends to assume that comments on any particular thread that they've created about a particular problem are pertinent to either themself or the problem, unless additional context has been provided

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 1:06 pm

There’s something else to consider:
If I recall right, you’re agnostic or atheist, yet your views don’t seem Lefist in general. Probably you’re centrist and your economic views are certainly not leftist.

I dunno if that's the case in Australia, but someone like you is a very rare breed indeed in many places, I am in the same boat and whenever I went to some atheist gatherings/ Meetups, 90% of the people there are usually far Left. Their fashion, their lifestyle, and their way of communication are so different to mine, if you get what I mean and I am not fan of Karl Marx or whoever nor into the weed culture which seems be a integral part of these communities, I simply don’t fit there.
And if I ever end up in a religious gathering (it happens sometimes, ie family duties), I face this same alientation feeling, I don’t fit there either.

In my experience, the best matches were women who are kinda spirtiual yet non-religious, atheist women generally were too Left in everything and like those described above.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 2:38 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Quote:

Okay, but generally one tends to assume that comments on any particular thread that they've created about a particular problem are pertinent to either themself or the problem, unless additional context has been provided

Yeah, I should've made that clearer. Sorry.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)