New Years Health/Fitness Resolutions

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 11:50 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Right now I don't have the the equipment or freezer space, otherwise I'd try something similar.
I do sometimes cook a stew or casserole in bulk and freeze half for later (but my kids complain because they're not keen on stews).

I tend to pack myself a variation on the same lunch every day, for simplicity and because I know I can tolerate it. I normally include a fruit, some nuts or a nut bar, and a cheese and pickle sandwich, sometimes with lettuce or rocket, if I have any. Works for me, anyway.
That's one of the reasons I'm not sure about going gluten-free, I'd need to develop a new lunch!

Yea, that diet is my pride and joy, I can't shut up about it.
I only know bits and pieces of how being gluten free helps, does is help with stomach problems or energy?
You have an organized diet, and its still pretty healthy, but if you wanted something different, you could always make smaller batches and not share with the kids :D
Winco sells really thick glass serving bowls with lids, they're nice and they cost about $5 apiece.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:22 am

MDD123 wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Right now I don't have the the equipment or freezer space, otherwise I'd try something similar.
I do sometimes cook a stew or casserole in bulk and freeze half for later (but my kids complain because they're not keen on stews).

I tend to pack myself a variation on the same lunch every day, for simplicity and because I know I can tolerate it. I normally include a fruit, some nuts or a nut bar, and a cheese and pickle sandwich, sometimes with lettuce or rocket, if I have any. Works for me, anyway.
That's one of the reasons I'm not sure about going gluten-free, I'd need to develop a new lunch!

Yea, that diet is my pride and joy, I can't shut up about it.
I only know bits and pieces of how being gluten free helps, does is help with stomach problems or energy?
You have an organized diet, and its still pretty healthy, but if you wanted something different, you could always make smaller batches and not share with the kids :D
Winco sells really thick glass serving bowls with lids, they're nice and they cost about $5 apiece.

Yes, being gluten-free is excellent. Of course it might be hard to 100% avoid Gluten if you like breads and pastries, I do, but reducing your gluten as much as possible, to zero, is the best thing..

I also totally avoid cow milk and dairy products, to keep that horrible poison: Casein, out of my system. Again a bit harder if you love ice cream, I do, but there are soy milk alternatives. Avoiding Gluten and Casein helps with the AS issue, and of course keeps your body much healthier in general.. Lowering cancer, diabetes risks, etc.

That reminds me, I need to get back into a jogging routine, I’ve neglected that.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 10:35 pm

I've heard that gluten-free / casein-free can help a lot for some people with autism.

Always thought I was OK and didn't have gut issues, but it's looking like either autism or middle age or both are really catching up with me nowadays. Long story short:
two weeks ago we had big floods in my town and I ended up working long hours and living on take-out for a week or so. When I was younger that wouldn't have hurt me, but now...
...now I've ended up with plantar fasciitis (that is, a sore foot) which means I can't exercise, also a twinging shoulder, together with (don't read if you're eating 8O ) chronic diarrhoea and a rectal prolapse. Woopee do.

Am definitely getting back to home cooking from now on.

Sometimes I wonder if I've unconsciously adapted my lifestyle over the years to suit my AS (which I didn't know I had). What I mean is, maybe I've learnt how to eat healthily by trial and error in the same way I've learnt to mask the AS at work. After a while you get so practised that you don't realise you're doing it, until you're hit with a new situation (or a lack of healthy food) that wakes you up to the balancing act that is getting through each and every day with this condition.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 12:06 am

took me over 5 decades to learn the virtues of gluten-free.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 10:31 pm

I know I'm a little late but my goal is to get back to a healthy weight and get more exercise, eat better, etc. I've been losing one pound a week since the first week of January, I'm happy to say. So maybe I'll reach my goal by summer but that's okay as long as it stays off.

Less carbs and more veggies. I have problems with food, including allergies and just being picky. So I generally tend to eat the same thing every day until I get tired of it. Which means dieting is not really a problem for me.

And the reason for these changes for me are...general vanity and cosplay goals. :lol: I'm not ashamed to admit it either.

Hope everyone is reaching toward their goals. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 10:40 pm

i've determined to be neater, cleaner, tidier. wish me luck.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2019, 8:43 pm

Not exactly a New Year’s resolution but this summer I want to run, start eating more fruits and vegetables, and cook more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 8:49 pm

^^^ :wtg: :star:

perthisok
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2019, 2:41 am

My new year resolution is to go gym daily.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 2:46 am

^^^way to go Perth 8) welcome to WP :alien:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 5:40 am

I can easily substitute rice for gluten but I don't notice any difference. But, yes, some people do have gluten issues.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 4:31 am

End of the year... how did we all go with our 2019 resolutions?

(I failed miserably. Just measured my waist at 96cm - that's 38" - gained two inches 8O )

Last edited by MrsPeel on 29 Dec 2019, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 4:33 am

I'm going to try intermittent fasting - only eating after midday - to see if I can shift some of the blubber.
Anyone tried that?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 5:25 am

MrsPeel wrote:
I'm going to try intermittent fasting - only eating after midday - to see if I can shift some of the blubber.
Anyone tried that?

i've been on the "6 hour diet" for about a year now. it works, one first has to get used to feeling lightheaded and HUNGRY!! ! for the first few months. took me that long to get my body into ketosis. combine that with low-carb and you have something that will keep the fat off.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2019, 2:50 pm

I’m happy with my diet and weight. I’ve been on an anti-inflammatory diet for a couple of years to control my chronic conditions and it seems to keep my mind and body healthy. I’ve been working on my mind body connection recently and my next big health goal is to improve my interoception. I just bought a book on it and the author says that it can be improved with practice.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 4:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Anyone tried that?

i've been on the "6 hour diet" for about a year now. it works, one first has to get used to feeling lightheaded and HUNGRY!! ! for the first few months. took me that long to get my body into ketosis. combine that with low-carb and you have something that will keep the fat off.

Oh... I was hoping the diet would melt off the fat in a month or so and I could then go back to eating breakfast. Not sure I'll be able to handle the light-headed feeling when I'm back at work.
I suppose it's wishful thinking to expect such quick results.

Did you exercise as well? I wonder if exercise in the morning would help the shift to ketosis?