Page 31 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 53  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 11:00 pm

EHarmony would in short order become INHarmonious.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 11:06 am

Forget 2020. The 2024 campaign is on, and it's fabulous! :D

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 5:03 pm

Forget 2020 lets do the 2016 again :(

Hillary Clinton muses about 2020 'rematch' against Trump: 'I can beat him again'

Quote:
Hillary Clinton could beat President Trump "again" if she decides to run for president in 2020, the former secretary of state said Tuesday in an interview.

Clinton appeared on PBS News Hour and was asked about Trump's antagonistic attitude toward her after he goaded Clinton to run for the White House again. She called him "obsessed" for mocking her email scandal and said she could beat Trump in an electoral rematch, if she ever decided to jump back in.

"It truly is remarkable how obsessed he remains with me," she said. "But this latest tweet is so typical of him. Nothing has been more examined and looked at than my emails. We all know that. So he's either lying or delusional or both.

"So maybe there does need to be a rematch," Clinton added. "Obviously, I can beat him again. But, just seriously, I don't understand, I don't think anybody understands what motivates him, other than personal grievance, other than seeking adulation."

Clinton, who defeated Trump in the popular vote in 2016, also responded to the challenge on Twitter after Trump called her out by name, suggesting she try to steal the nomination away from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.

"I think that Crooked Hillary Clinton should enter the race to try and steal it away from Uber Left Elizabeth Warren. Only one condition. The Crooked one must explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors including how & why she deleted 33,000 Emails AFTER getting “C” Subpoena!" Trump tweeted Tuesday.

"Don’t tempt me. Do your job," Clinton replied.

She going to do it, she really is going to do it. This is like those 80s horror movies when just when you thought the mass killer is really dead he keeps on coming back.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2019, 11:43 am

Harris is toast. Down to 2% in Iowa.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.c ... ers-slides

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 6:24 am

Darmok wrote:
Harris is toast. Down to 2% in Iowa.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.c ... ers-slides

Harris Lays Off Dozens of Campaign Staffers Amid Cash Struggles

Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) during a gun-safety forum in Las Vegas, Nev., October 2, 2019 (Steve Marcus/Reuters)
Senator Kamala Harris is reportedly slashing her campaign staff and shifting her campaign strategy to focus almost solely on Iowa as her presidential bid struggles to remain afloat both financially and in the polls.

Dozens of aides will be laid off at the California senator’s campaign headquarters in Baltimore, and others will be transferred to Iowa ahead of February’s first-in-the-nation caucuses as the campaign upends its strategy, Politico reported.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/kam ... struggles/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2019, 6:07 pm

Annnnnd, Beato is out.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonst ... e-n2555770

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 1:28 pm

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg Readies 2020 Presidential Campaign

Quote:
Billionaire and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has taken steps to enter the 2020 presidential primary race, in a bid to become a centrist alternative to progressives Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, according to multiple media reports.

Bloomberg will file paperwork next week to appear on the primary ballot in Alabama, the New York Times reported, because the state has an early filing deadline, although he hasn’t made a final decision on whether to officially run yet.

Bloomberg had been weighing a run for the past year, but ultimately decided against it after former vice president Joe Biden entered the race.

But as Warren and Sanders vault ahead in the polls, Bloomberg has told advisers he is worried about the Democratic field swinging further left and is concerned the current candidates aren’t well positioned to beat Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:21 pm

Hillary Clinton says she’s under “enormous pressure” to consider a 2020 White House bid.

“As I say, never, never, never say never,” Clinton told a BBC Radio host today if she was ruling out another political run. “I will certainly tell you, I’m under enormous pressure from many, many, many people to think about it,” she said.

“I feel a sense of responsibility partly because, you know, my name was on the ballot, I got more votes, but ended up losing to the current incumbent in the White House who I think is really undermining our democracy in very fundamental ways and I want to retire him.”

The “many, many people” urging Hillary to run are also requesting anonymity.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:22 pm

she's still better for me than the present white house occupant.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:28 pm

I'm certain Bill is one of the many, many urging her to run. It would get her out of the house for the duration of her campaign!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 10:34 pm

if she is nominated, i will vote for her to stick it to trumpy.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 11:42 am

This is so embarrassing for the DNC. Tomorrow, I could announce I'm running for president as a democrat and just copy and paste my political stances from Obama's 2008 campaign, and I'd probably have the best chance of beating Trump. You know why?

I didn't use the VP to help my son get rich, I didn't claim to be Native American to get jobs, I didn't propose a climate change plan that would devastate our economy, I didn't support a gun confiscation plan, I didn't condemn religion in America and I don't support 12 month tax payer funded abortions.

This is the best the democrats have, and that's why Trump is going to easily win 2020.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 2:34 am

Deval Patrick telling allies he will enter 2020 race: reports

Quote:

Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) is expected to announce his 2020 presidential bid on Thursday, according to CBS News.

Sources told the network that Patrick is expected to make the announcement on CBS This Morning.

The news follows reports that Deval told telling allies that he will launch a 2020 presidential bid this week.

Patrick would need to file to run in the New Hampshire primary by Friday.

The New York Times reported on Monday that Patrick was actively considering a presidential run.

Patrick is generally seen as a figure who could unite the progressive and centrist wings of the Democratic Party.

Patrick could face hurdles entering the race late when it comes to fundraising and name recognition. His campaign would launch roughly two months before the Iowa caucuses.

However, the former governor could see an opening in a number of the early contest states given his home state's proximity to New Hampshire and could garner support in South Carolina as an African American.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 12:10 am

Bloomberg apologizes for sexist remarks as he plots presidential bid

Quote:

Michael Bloomberg hasn’t entered the race for president yet — but he’s already apologizing for past boorish and sexist comments about women.

Bloomberg — who is expected to soon declare his candidacy in the Democratic primary — issued a rare apology through a spokesman in a New York Times piece about his lurid statements.

“Mike has come to see that some of what he has said is disrespectful and wrong,” Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser said in a statement Thursday. “He believes his words have not always aligned with his values and the way he has led his life.”

Some of the Bloomberg whoppers were included in a book that associates gave to the data terminal mogul in 1990 titled, “The Portable Bloomberg: The Wit and Wisdom of Michael Bloomberg.”

“If women wanted to be appreciated for their brains, they’d go to the library instead of Bloomingdale’s,” Bloomberg cracked.

He also joked that the Bloomberg LP “Bloomberg terminal” could “do everything” — then uttered a crude term for oral sex.

“I guess that puts a lot of you girls out of business,” Bloomberg is quoted as saying.

Some of Bloomberg’s controversial statements became campaign fodder during his successful 2001 race for mayor, running on the Republican and Independence Party lines.

Michael Bloomberg again eyeing 2020 presidential bid: sources
Bloomberg took a polygraph test in 2001 to refute an allegation that he told a female employee in 1995 to “kill it” when she informed him she was pregnant. The plaintiff also claimed that he uttered “great, No. 16,” a reference to how many women at his company were pregnant.

Sekiko Sekai Garrison sued Bloomberg in 1997 and the case was settled in 2000

Bloomberg also came under fire after being quoted in a 1998 deposition that he would only believe a rape claim if there was “an unimpeachable third-party witness.” A saleswoman claimed a Bloomberg manager raped her.

Loeser said Thursday “that’s not what he believes” now.

Michael Bloomberg Is the He, Too, Candidate
Quote:

Now that Michael Bloomberg has entered the Democratic presidential primary, it’s worth imagining the 2020 general election that could come to pass: the Republican who said into a hot mic that he liked to grab women “by the p****” versus the Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-Democrat who reportedly admitted he’d said, of multiple female employees, “I’d do her.”

Read Bloomberg’s collected comments about women and you’ll marvel at how presidential they sound by the standards of the 45th president. Like Donald Trump, the former New York City mayor has made repeated remarks about the physical appearance and sexual desirability of women in his workplace. Like Trump, Bloomberg has allegedly complained about employees getting pregnant. Like Trump, he’s bragged about his sexual escapades and dismissed women who’ve accused him of harassment as money-grubbing liars.

The “I’d do her” admission comes from a deposition in a sexual harassment suit filed by Sekiko Sakai Garrison, one of four women who filed harassment or discrimination suits against Bloomberg LP, the company founded by the former mayor, in 1996 and 1997. Garrison alleged that, when she told Bloomberg she was pregnant, he replied, “Kill it!” and grumbled that she was the 16th pregnant employee at the company. She also said Bloomberg and other company leaders made unwanted sexual overtures and engaged in regular sexual commentary about the women they worked with. After Garrison got engaged, she said, Bloomberg asked her of her fiancé, “What, is he that good in bed, or did your father pay him off to get rid of you?”

But there are plenty of other demeaning Bloomberg comments in the public record that the former mayor has neither tried to deny nor redefine common sexual lingo around. Bloomberg once implored New York magazine reporter Jonathan Van Meter to “look at the ass” on a woman standing near them at a holiday party in 2012. Former New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn told Van Meter that Bloomberg demanded she wear high heels (“The mayor has no use for flat shoes”) and mocked her when her dye job grew out, exposing her gray roots. His 1997 autobiography included a claim that he had “a girlfriend in every city”; he told a reporter that being “a single, straight billionaire in Manhattan” was “a wet dream.”

A book prepared as a gift from ­Bloomberg LP employees in 1990 included such Bloomberg quotes as “If women wanted to be appreciated for their brains, they’d go to the library instead of to Bloomingdale’s” and “I want a blow job from Jane Fonda. Have you seen Jane Fonda lately? Not bad for fifty.” Then–Bloomberg LP executive Elisabeth DeMarse told New York magazine of the quotes: “This is Bloomberg culture. … When Mike says outrageous things, it’s sort of a test. It’s a loyalty test. It’s a bonding thing when everyone laughs.”

In September 2018, in response to a New York Times report that Bloomberg was mulling a presidential bid yet again, the Atlantic’s Megan Garber wondered what his candidacy might reveal about what has and hasn’t changed since the last time he ran for office, in 2009. “The story published in the Times … is a trial balloon for a potential presidential candidacy,” she wrote. “It is also testing, however, another thing. What are voters willing to tolerate, at this point, in those who propose to lead them? What are they willing to ignore?”

One thing that’s changed in the past decade is way the mainstream media reports on sexism and sexual harassment. It used to be a lot more common to see outlets lightly criticize remarks like Bloomberg’s but ultimately write them off as the ordinary swagger of a business-minded billionaire. “Mayor Michael Bloomberg speaks his mind and that is a big part of his cachet in anything-goes New York,” read the opening of a 2007 Associated Press piece about rumors that Bloomberg was thinking of entering the 2008 presidential election. The article made reference to Bloomberg’s “racy comments,” his “blunt style,” and the “offensive, locker-room culture” he fostered at Bloomberg LP.

As he moves to mount a full-on campaign for president, Bloomberg and his team might be counting on the electorate to overlook his alleged history of harassment and vote for him anyway, as voters in New York City did in three consecutive mayoral elections. Bloomberg might not be taking into account the ways the public consciousness and the press have changed on issues of sex discrimination over the past decade. Or he might be making an educated guess: that there are plenty of voters in the Democratic Party whose views haven’t changed much at all—and that in a race against Trump, a run-of-the-mill sexist would look positively genteel by comparison.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm

"Mayor Pete" is definitely not cut out for national politics.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 4104860675

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 3:27 pm

Darmok wrote:
"Mayor Pete" is definitely not cut out for national politics.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 4104860675