Page 16 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 53  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 1:52 am

I've noticed my state's governor Jay Inslee is running. His national climate plan calls for banning sales of new gas-powered cars by 2030.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 2:26 am

Woman's remark at rally leaves Biden speechless.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/politics ... da-vpx.cnn

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 3:52 pm

The Democrats sure do love old white men. :D

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:00 pm

and the GOP these days sure do love them their outright fascist horndogs.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:04 pm

Darmok wrote:
The Democrats sure do love old white men. :D

Totally don't trust that poll, seriously who even likes biden?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:18 pm

the thing in biden's favor is that a majority of voters are desperate for a return to something resembling peace and calm. biden is seen as fatherly or at least avuncular, in extreme contrast with the present regime.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 11:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
the thing in biden's favor is that a majority of voters are desperate for a return to something resembling peace and calm. biden is seen as fatherly or at least avuncular, in extreme contrast with the present regime.

Peace and calm? Like when him and Obama were bombing numerous countries? If the Democrats force Biden in it's 4 more years of Trump and I'll laugh my head off.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 11:48 am

Tulsi Gabbard's anti-war message is resonating not only with progressives, but with many on the right, as well. It just goes to show that a vast majority of Americans don't support these endless wars. The best way for Gabbard to win is to leave the Democratic Party, and run as an independent. If enough people stand up and show support for her, and demand she not be shut out the debate process, she could have a genuine shot at winning. It's up to the people. Those of us who value the messages being spread by alternative media by independent journalists, who don't have a platform on corporate media, need to spread the world.

Unfortunately, the "anyone but Trump" crowd are likely to embrace whatever horrible candidate the Dems put up. It's going to be hard fight, but one worth waging.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 1:00 pm

Can only try.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 6:58 pm

third party candidate=GOP win. the anti-GOPers are stuck in the 2-party system. i learned my lesson in '80 when i voted for john anderson.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
third party candidate=GOP win. the anti-GOPers are stuck in the 2-party system. i learned my lesson in '80 when i voted for john anderson.

Since there is no difference between the the Democrats and Republicans, what choice do we have but to vote for third-party and independent candidates? If you really believe that the Dems are better than the Pubs, I refer you to the Obama years. Do I have to reiterate that he was worse than his predecessor Bush? How much more evidence do you have to ingest before you realize we have to stop voting for candidates from either of the corporately owned parties that run our country?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:41 pm

frankly, i'm sick and tired of hearing people say "there's no difference between the dems and the GOPers." it was the GOPers who for the better part of a century opposed all efforts to extend affordable health care to the working class. it was the GOPers who opposed all the progress we take for granted now at our peril [social security, medicare, medicaid et al]. it is the GOPers who are the bluenoses who opposed LGBT anything and opposed decriminalization of pot. i am a single-issue voter [affordable healthcare], as long as the GOP plays its cruel games against the poor, i will continue to support the party that has the best chance of keeping those wolves at bay, namely the democrats.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:41 pm

Both parties incinerated children for profits. I'm sick of people whimpering about cheaper deals on insurance when they are paying taxes to murder people. The first and most important cause is to stop the US's foreign policy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:50 pm

:roll:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 12:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
frankly, i'm sick and tired of hearing people say "there's no difference between the dems and the GOPers." it was the GOPers who for the better part of a century opposed all efforts to extend affordable health care to the working class. it was the GOPers who opposed all the progress we take for granted now at our peril [social security, medicare, medicaid et al]. it is the GOPers who are the bluenoses who opposed LGBT anything and opposed decriminalization of pot. i am a single-issue voter [affordable healthcare], as long as the GOP plays its cruel games against the poor, i will continue to support the party that has the best chance of keeping those wolves at bay, namely the democrats.

So..you're good with endless wars for profit that result in the death of thousands of men, women and children in foreign countries, as long as you have affordable healthcare?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 1:41 am

so i should vote for some scoundrel to screw me over and totally disenfranchise me to deal with something way above my pay grade? so i should just fall on my sword for world peace? so that what i as a citizen needs is worthless compared to the big picture? IOW i should just die and get out of the way?