Deeply in love with a fictional character!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Do you agree with me that Joy from Inside Out is attractive?
Yes -- very attractive 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Yes -- somewhat attractive 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Neutral -- neither attractive nor unattractive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No -- somewhat unattractive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No -- very unattractive 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Undecided 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

AutisticJoyFan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2019, 5:40 pm

Okay, I know I'm not the first person to post something like this around here, but maybe I'm the first to do so in a while. I am deeply, madly enamored with a fictional character! She is Joy, the protagonist from the 2015 animated Disney-Pixar film "Inside Out". :heart: :heart: :oops: :heart: Joy is extremely physically attractive, and she's so amazing in everything she does and in all of her qualities. One needs to see not only the "Inside Out" movie itself, but also the "Mind Candy" clip and some of the other ancillary video clips, to really get a full sense of Joy's well-developed personality, character, and abilities. Joy has a seemingly natural gymnastic talent and agility like an Olympic acrobat: she can easily juggle spheres while dancing on top of a bouncy-ball, she can pole-vault with makeshift objects like it's nothing, she can somersault through the air, she glides so gracefully on the trampoline, and she can twirl like an expert ballerina. Joy is an alacritous take-charge leader, but she's also so kind, compassionate, caring, and sweet-natured. Joy learns and develops even better character over the course of the film's plot as she atones for her mistakes. However, Joy also has a mischievous side to her in which she likes to prank people, and I just love that about her. :twisted: Joy is also musically skilled at playing her accordion, and overall has such a contagious fun-loving spirit in her personification of her namesake emotion.

I love Joy's amazing big blue eyes and her short blue hair, and her tall slender figure. :heart: I love her voice and her laugh. :heart: (Yes, I know who the voice actress is IRL, and no, I'm not attracted to the voice actress. Nothing against the voice actress, of course. I just think that the voice is a really great fit for the character.)

Joy also sometimes acts hyperactively with passionate enthusiasm and melodrama, talking to herself in the process. Even this aspect of her behavior is sexy! Perhaps it's a sign that she's neurodiverse? If so, that's something she and I have in common, and I think it makes us an even better match for each other! :heart: :heart: :oops: :heart:

I don't think that the people at Disney-Pixar realize what they've done in devising this incredible character! Joy is an amazing, beautiful, sexy girl in every way. I think she and I are totally each other's type. I wish she could be real and that I could date/marry her, or that I could eventually meet her in a future life or something like that. :heart: :heart:

So... am I guilty of deviance and abnormality for having this love interest in a fictional animated character? Is it wrong, and am I to blame for it? Do you judge me negatively for it? :oops: Do you think that I at least did a decent job of articulating and making a good case for why I find the fictional character so attractive? Was this post at least an interesting read for you? Do you have any other feedback for me?

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2019, 2:18 pm

It's a little weird to me, but I don't really see a problem with it. You're not hurting anyone by loving a cartoon character.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 9:20 pm

I agree. The part that strikes me as not odd but kind of hard for me to wrap my head around is the attraction to a homunculization (is that even a word?) of an abstract emotion. Still, Joy seems to be a nice enough character that I can understand you being into her. I just don't think she'd be my type. At the same time, though, I don't consider you deviant for liking a fictional character. I'm pretty sure everyone at one point or another has fallen in love with someone who isn't real. Hell, I have a character who I feel just as strongly about towards her as you do towards Joy. I would go into detail about the character in question, but, unless you really wanted me to, I don't want to bore you with a long ass post.