Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:08 am

Why would gay people NOT fear aging?

They're human, too. They usually don't want to die before their time.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would gay people NOT fear aging?

They're human, too. They usually don't want to die before their time.

I think the OP was talking about the idea of growing old and losing our youthful looks.

Of course, I could be wrong. :?

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:17 am

Personally I only fear old age because of death and illness and increased disability.

This gives me a good 20 years on the people who fear it because of wrinkles and grey hair.

If someone wants me to look younger than her, I'm not going near her as a sex/dating partner tbh, as it comes out of a desire for vulnerability in a partner.

Bear in mind I'm saying this as a 30 year old who still looks about 16 and gets hit on by middle aged people.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:27 am

TUF wrote:
Personally I only fear old age because of death and illness and increased disability.

This gives me a good 20 years on the people who fear it because of wrinkles and grey hair.

If someone wants me to look younger than her, I'm not going near her as a sex/dating partner tbh, as it comes out of a desire for vulnerability in a partner.

Bear in mind I'm saying this as a 30 year old who still looks about 16 and gets hit on by middle aged people.

I'm almost 30 as you can tell by my listed age and I think people still look at me like I'm teenager. I think I look and act much younger than I really am, but I'm starting to feel old because I'm getting health problems I never had before. Plus I feel like I don't have the energy I had 5 years ago. :tired:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:31 am

Gay men, from my experience, fear losing their "youthful looks" more than straight men do. I don't find this to be the case with gay women---especially those who consider themselves "butch."

I was very youthful-looking in my 20's. I wish I looked older, in fact.

I am 58 now. and I sort of wish I had a more "youthful" look to me.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:47 am

I never thought I was good looking in my 20's. I was over 250 pounds and I never did anything with my clothes or my hair. The only people who told me I looked handsome were old ladies trying to be nice.

Now that I lost weight and have experimented with my hairstyle and clothes I intend to enjoy my late 20's and 30's, maybe even my 40's! :D I've gotten a lot more sincere compliments about my looks lately, from GUYS! Not old ladies. :mrgreen:

The only thing I think I would fear is going bald. I don't dislike bald men in fact I think many guys with bald or shaved heads are sexy, but I don't think I would ever look right bald because I'm not masculine enough to pull off that look. :(

Max1951
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2019, 10:00 pm

TUF wrote:

That's a really humorous way of putting it. TRUTH + HUMOR = FUN LEARNING. :lol:

jkwon23
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2019, 3:06 am

Everyone fears aging!
It isn't just gay people who fear aging!