Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

I have "moderate" autism and ADHD. I am graduating this year. This school year is hard.

I ended up in a class that was above my skill level. I couldnt drop out of the class That teacher gave me adapted work(i.e easier work, less questions, different tests, or different projects)

My teacher stresses me out because he asks me why I am doing bad in his business class alot. Its because there is alot of presenting. Im exempt from presentations. I also cant focus in the morning. There are 30 people in the class as well. My other classes are smaller, like 15-20 people. I dont learn well in a big class.

I also am a part of a social skills group at my school. I like it. Somedays I have bad days though. Im not always agreeable.

I feel like Im not as mature as some of my classmates in my harder classes. I feel isolated and different.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 8:56 am

Yes high school senior year, it’s stressful, annoying, and hard...

But it’s your very last year, so just endure the unendurable, take the pain, and just graduate as soon as you can.

Keep your eye on the prize: The High School Diploma.. because this helps you be more employable after graduation, and you can move on to higher education, in college/university, if you want to.

Stay focus, endure the endless stressful distractions, keep moving forward, and graduate soon.

Then maybe have a graduation holiday trip, or year off, if you don’t enter college immediately.

Good luck!

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 7:28 pm

Hey, you've not some extra difficulties that most of your peers don't. It doesn't make you any less mature. I'm proud of you. I couldn't manage to do what you're doing already. :-)