Bookkeeping remote jobs Australia

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

catfree
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2019, 5:24 pm

Hey all!

I run an accounting and bookkeeping biz and will be looking for multiple remote employee's over the next year or two.

I was thinking that these might be a good roles for an aspie that likes bookkeeping, and has experience with Xero or thinks they'd learn quickly. Bookkeeping isn't for everyone and can be a bit dry... but I find the reconciled result very satisfying, and hope our employees would too!

No face to face, no phone calls, no emails to clients (unless the employee wanted to), clear and specific work instructions and standard templates and formats, flexible work hours as long as the work gets done. Happy to have full time or multiple part time - whatever will work best.

I'd love some input on what we could do to make this the most palatable role we can - we want people that enjoy the job, aren't feeling pressured or discomforted by it, and ultimately want to stay on long term.

I googled to find this forum, so please let me know if you know of a more Australia specific place I should be asking.

Thanks!

Cat

TimS1980
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2019, 7:22 am

Welcome and good on you, Cat, for posting here!

My field is secure software development so I wouldn't personally go for this position, but I can easily see how traits like mine could be an asset for tasks like yours.

Though I would certainly encourage you to keep an eye out here and give first look to a poster from this fine community, you might find you can boost readership in your target audience by going to Reddit and posting in r/aspergers or r/autism

If you happen to visit Melbourne CBD and have any questions about employing someone on the spectrum, I'd welcome the chance to discuss those over a coffee. Otherwise I'll just wish all the best to you and any prospective applicant.

catfree
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2019, 7:52 am

Thanks so much for the response Tim, much appreciated. I am in the CBD on occassion and would be thrilled to get some pointers. I'll come back and shoot you a PM when things are a little calmer here and hopefully we can tee something up... thanks again!