extreme difficulty finding suitable work

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:08 pm

IanDLBZF wrote:
Yeah, for me it's been especially difficult after I graduated college, with a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Information Systems. Every job I applied for so far has really either lead to me either not hearing back, or getting turned down after being interviewed or within days after applying. Getting turned down is really the hardest part. There is some hope for me as I am working with my State's Vocational Rehabilitation agency (and will be signing my IPE tomorrow) AND my dad has a friend who is looking for an office receptionist position. Plus I am taking a course on a website called TranscribeAnywhere.com, which could lead me to becoming a freelance transcriber.

Transcribing is what I do. It's a good job, lots of work out there. :)

I agree that the rejection is the worst part of looking for work. I can't count how many times I poured myself into applications and interviews and got my hopes up only to have them come crashing down. The emotional rollercoaster wrecked the rest of my life. They don't factor that into the rate of unemployment pay. :x

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 11:37 pm

Freelance transcribing sounds interesting. I did a lot of transcribing in two classes at uni.

Now I'm looking to set up my own small business doing freelance proofreading. I should have done this years ago.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 11:41 pm

wish I could find regular paying audio restoration work. :|