[ POLL ] Are you offended when people criticize Trump?

Page 6 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you personally offended when people criticize President Donald J. Trump?
Definitely YES! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mostly Yes. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
I Don't Care. 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Mostly No. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Definitely NO! 60%  60%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 53

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 10:38 am

Yep. They were.

They were also protesting Trump's tacit approval of such tactics. That was "the straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak.

Cops have been doing the same thing for decades; under Trump, the football players chose to protest in this matter.

Trump was the primary impetus.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 10:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. They were. They were also protesting Trump's tacit approval of such tactics. That was "the straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak. Cops have been doing the same thing for decades; under Trump, the football players chose to protest in this matter. Trump was the primary impetus.
Which is de facto evidence that Donald Trump is more concerned about whether or not someone stands for the National Anthem than he is for the lives of innocent people being destroyed by bands of renegade, trigger-happy, cowboy cops.

:roll: As if kneeling was somehow a greater offense than murder.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 3:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
No problem with criticizing Trump. I just don't understand why very few on this sites bash the Democrats. They are, after all, pretty much responsible for putting Trump in office. Very confusing to me.

Well, with a little help from Putin.

Some would say that's just a red herring the democrats came up with to dodge culpability.

Why would staunch Republicans like Comey and Mueller think the same thing as the Democrats?

I'd say Mueller is doing what he was assigned to do regardless of his political affiliation or personal thoughts. Comey too originally. Although he's probably personally angry at Trump now and has an axe to grind. Maybe Mueller does too on behalf of Comey.

Yes, Mueller, and Comey before him, are only doing their jobs. And Trump is certainly running scared and displaying conscientiousness of guilt because of it.

Well you asked why a staunch republican like Mueller would be perusing a red herring set up by the democrats, and my answer is because that was his assignment. So that doesn't seem to detract from the hypothesis that the collusion with russia business is a red herring. How trump is reacting to it ie running scared and displaying guilt is a matter of interpretation. It seems a foregone conclusion that those who are heavily biased against trump are certainly likely to see it that way.

The indictments and convictions Mueller has gotten on Trump's henchmen says it's more than a red herring. The Trump Tower meeting with Russian agents, and the fact that Trump seized the transcript from the translator for his private meeting with Putin certainly isn't helping him.

This has been going in circles for quite a long time. You bring up the same stuff you just mentioned and then me or someone else points out that the convictions had absolutely nothing to do with collusion with russia. All there has ever been in the way of evidence, in all this time is conjecture and innuendo. I expect that to be the same a week from now, a month from now and maybe forever.... All of which supports the hypothesis of a red herring. And Robert Mueller was given the thankless job of being put on a wild goose chase. Of course that's all conjecture too.

Those Trump henchmen who have been convicted like Flynn and Manafort all have had shadowy ties to Russia. As I've explained again and again, Mueller is getting leverage with these convictions to get them to roll over on Trump. And then there's the FBI investigation into Trump's overly cozy relationship with Putin.
You didn't address the Trump Tower meeting with Putin's agents, or Trump taking possession of the record kept by his translator when he met privately with Putin. These things makes one's eyebrows raise.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. They were. They were also protesting Trump's tacit approval of such tactics. That was "the straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak. Cops have been doing the same thing for decades; under Trump, the football players chose to protest in this matter. Trump was the primary impetus.
Which is de facto evidence that Donald Trump is more concerned about whether or not someone stands for the National Anthem than he is for the lives of innocent people being destroyed by bands of renegade, trigger-happy, cowboy cops.

:roll: As if kneeling was somehow a greater offense than murder.

Trump is only interested in stirring up emotions of his worshipers rather than doing the right thing, because such stirred up followers who are engaged about an enemy real or imagined are more malleable.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Only 6 out of 47 respondents up to this point are personally offended when people criticize Mr. Trump. That is ONLY 12.8%. Not a significant number.
You’ve missed the point
Not at all. The point of this poll and thread is to see how many are personally offended when Mr. Trump is criticized.

You'll be happy to know that the percentage has increased to 18.2%. That's still not a significant percentage, but it has increased.

But your idea that the reason people get offended is or was because people criticize trump is wrong to begin with and in no such way makes it ok for continued attacks on trump supports as it seems you imply this poll oks.
People are and we’re offended by the attacks on people who voted for and support trump.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
... People stand up for the National Anthem---Trump or no Trump. The football players were protesting Trump more than they were protesting America...
Actually, the footballers who kneeled were protesting white police brutality against black people -- beatings, tazings, shootings of unarmed black men in the back...

What’s the national anthem have to do with police? Nothing at all.
If they want to help they could donate most their millions to such causes

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:43 pm

Other than his perceived adherence to gun rights, what DO you like about Trump?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:44 pm

I'm going to the US for my first time post-Trump.

Shall I expect anything different?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:50 pm

Hopefully, the government shutdown will be no more by the time you get to the US. If it's still on, it might be a b***h to go through Passport Control.

Otherwise, the US is the US, no matter who is President. The President doesn't really affect how people are.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Other than his perceived adherence to gun rights, what DO you like about Trump?

He’s anti illegal immigration.

It’s don’t like people making things up about him and I hate people calibg trump supporters all kinds of things or saying trump supporters are all kinds of things.
That has been the reason I’ve seen people offended not criticizing trump. We may disagree over the criticism and voice our that but that isn’t same as being offended

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:55 pm

I don't know of any President who was FOR illegal immigration.

I agree that Trump supporters shouldn't be attacked just because they're Trump supporters.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:56 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm going to the US for my first time post-Trump.

Shall I expect anything different?

Nope
Nothing’s changed. I’d still avoid liberal cities with protests like Portland but that’s same as under Obama.
Really nothing’s changed what we have is a bunch of anti republican people suggesting doomsday stuff they think trump will do.

Mine and most Americans lives are exactly the same as under Obama. But would been worse under Clinton

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't know of any President who was FOR illegal immigration.

I agree that Trump supporters shouldn't be attacked just because they're Trump supporters.

Obama wasn’t then was. Hilary was, most democrat senators are for it. While they use to be against it.
My state politician are for it and want to give all illegals full citizenship and all the rights(except guns and free speech they want to abolish those) that come with it

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 7:01 pm

Don't forget that Ronald Reagan was the last person to grant "amnesty" to illegal immigrants.

I still wish we had an Ellis Island-type place so people who want to live here legally could go through the process of being legal immigrants.

In reality, in order to immigrate legally, one usually has to marry an American citizen, or be sponsored by an employer, or be granted asylum. There are very few routes provided for people who want to immigrate legally.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 7:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget that Ronald Reagan was the last person to grant "amnesty" to illegal immigrants.

I still wish we had an Ellis Island-type place so people who want to live here legally could go through the process of being legal immigrants.

In reality, in order to immigrate legally, one usually has to marry an American citizen, or be sponsored by an employer, or be granted asylum. There are very few routes provided for people who want to immigrate legally.

They can get green cards then get citizenship. They had citizenship tests back then too we didn’t just let everyone in.

And yet millions of single people become citizens what odd given what you said.
Seems they work hard come her work hard and study to get citizenshipZ there’s thousands or more citizenship classes across the USA. My local college offers them.
But no we can’t take poor people. We don’t have unlimited resources. I as a poor person can’t go live in any other nation. No other nation takes poor people. Many in this nation don’t want to care for citizens they definitely don’t want any to pay for other nations poor people. Social security and other welfare are running low. Social security payments have barely gone up since 1980s
We should be getting 2,000 plus a month like other nations give their disabled. We can’t bring in more poor people and strain the system even more.
Canada wouldn’t take me in.

If we take in every last single poor person then we won’t be a wealthy nation. We I’ll be like 3rd Middle East Or African nation.
Is that what you want? To become the nation they running away from? Highly polluted and with even more homeless then we currently have? To me it’s rather simple if we as a nation can’t even handle and care for the people we currently have we shouldn’t take more unless they are skilled workers who can’t succeed here from the get go.
Will you give up your income, job, home for them?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 7:16 pm

Canada wouldn't take me in, either. I would have to marry a Canadian citizen in order to be a Canadian citizen. I don't have enough skills to be sponsored by an employer.

Sly, I am very knowledgeable about "paths to citizenship." I wish one could "work hard," and become a citizen. The reality is what I stated before:

Marry an American citizen. Be sponsored by an employer. Be granted asylum. That's it.