Soon won’t be able to have guns or shoot guns in Oregon

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 4:07 pm

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/2019-fir ... egislation

All guns will be rendered useless not that you can even get ammo to shoot them.
Guess they want a bunch of unpracticed gun carrying people running around
Most people shoot 200-5,000 rounds in a single range day. Going every weekend that’s 20,000 rounds
20 rounds a mont and only 5 round guns
90%Revolvers banned
There be lots of bloodshed from this.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/2019-firearms-legislation

Most people shoot 200-5,000 rounds in a single range day. Going every weekend that’s 20,000 rounds
90%Revolvers banned

Bloodshed? Are you saying people will assault/kill others because of changes to firearm legislation?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 3:45 am

AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:

90%Revolvers banned

Bloodshed? Are you saying people will assault/kill others because of changes to firearm legislation?

Yes as many value their rights over living.

Imagine if tomorrow yiur state passed a law saying they end the bill of rights, would you fight or just accept it?
As we’ve seen in every state hardly anyone complies so what happens when they come to take it with force? Well we found thst out in Maryland.

This makes owning guns impossible. It’d be like banning cars that go over 10 miles per hour and only allowing one to buy 5 gallons of gas a month, do you think people would accept that?
This is nothing short of s gun ban as guns will be totally useless without magazines and ammo, and revolvers will be banned.

If it passes I might just have to kill myself, I don’t want to live in this state, I can’t move and I can’t handle being in prisOn.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 3:45 am

So much for thfun conservatives of this forum.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 5:38 am

:roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:

90%Revolvers banned

Yes as many value their rights over living.

Imagine if tomorrow yiur state passed a law saying they end the bill of rights, would you fight or just accept it?
As we’ve seen in every state hardly anyone complies so what happens when they come to take it with force? Well we found thst out in Maryland.

This makes owning guns impossible. It’d be like banning cars that go over 10 miles per hour and only allowing one to buy 5 gallons of gas a month, do you think people would accept that?
This is nothing short of s gun ban as guns will be totally useless without magazines and ammo, and revolvers will be banned.

If it passes I might just have to kill myself, I don’t want to live in this state, I can’t move and I can’t handle being in prisOn.

8O :roll:

Do you not see the irony in your statements, sly? :?

The kind of people who would lose their cool over gun control laws and use their guns to murder people are precisely the kind of people that shouldn't be allowed to own guns at all in the first place!

I am not a fan nor advocate of suicide... but I am WAY LESS of a fan of homicide. If you, or others, honestly believe that your only two choices in life are murder other people or kill yourself, then by all means, blow your f*****g brains out.*

*I am NOT instructing you to commit suicide. I am merely expressing my very strong opinion that homicide over legislative changes is an absolutely absurd overreaction to the changes of modern life, the laws of the land, and civil society. If people cannot roll with the punches and adjust to the rules of society, and refuse to relocate somewhere else whether another state, country, or off into the woods to be a hermit.. then remove yourself from society, not innocent victims just going about their lives.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:09 pm

sly279 wrote:

90%Revolvers banned

Do you still live with parents?
Did you ever feel they would listen to the venting, or do they just write you off as crazy and annoying like mine?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:14 pm

People DON’T need to carry guns in the street. This is not the Wild Wild West.

Hey Sly. The laws applies to people under 21, or who have been convicted of a crime, and other things that don’t apply to you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

But you live on the East coast, kraftie. Sly lives on the West coast.. where there might be scary indians* to contend with!

*Indigenous people. And just kidding; there are hardly any left because colonizers murdered over 100 Million of them in a span of less than 500 years. The West coast is a very civil, calm, normal, modern society EXCEPT for in the brains of people who live in a state of constant fear & anxiety due to their unmitigated mental health issues.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:30 pm

I am not anti gun but I am all for gun control laws. I do not want people who had a history of abuse and behavior and violence and history of crime to be carrying a gun around. Look at school shooters, people like them should not have a gun.

If none of this applies to you Sly, I don't know why you are having an issue with this.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:33 pm

Quote:
:skull: But you live on the East coast, kraftie. Sly lives on the West coast.. where there might be scary indians* to contend with!

*Indigenous people. And just kidding; there are hardly any left because colonizers murdered over 100 Million of them in a span of less than 500 years. The West coast is a very civil, calm, normal, modern society EXCEPT for in the brains of people who live in a state of constant fear & anxiety due to their unmitigated mental health issues.

this is all very true

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:33 pm

Sly, you are scary. Please get some psychological help. If you think the right to own guns, ammo, whatever, is more important than anyone's life, you are exactly the kind of person who is too dangerous to own weapons.

The right to own guns is nowhere near as important as the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. People can live just fine without guns, but we can't live just fine without basic freedoms.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Hey Sly. The laws applies to people under 21, or who have been convicted of a crime, and other things that don’t apply to you.

You say that until your attacked then what.

That’s just one of the 15 laws they’re proposing
Sb501 is a basic gun ban.
Yeah we keep the guns but they’re rendered paper waits and thus we can’t use our 2nd amendment rights.
5 round removed most guns, 20 rounds a month means no ones shooting or practicing, so now eevryon s carrying guns with no training or practice.
A usual shooting trip uses 300 rounds per gun.
Thousands of rounds each trip to practice

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:41 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

You say that until your attacked then what.

When was the last time you were attacked by anyone & had to draw a gun and defend yourself with lethal force? :?

My guess is that it's happened exactly Zero times in your life and also that it will most likely never happen, either.

Fear of being attacked by some unknown boogeyman is exactly the kind of BS that the guns & ammo industry relies on to sell you crap you don't need.. because that's how they make money for themselves and their shareholders. They LOVE anxious fearful people like sly.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:42 pm

starkid wrote:
Sly, you are scary. Please get some psychological help. If you think the right to own guns, ammo, whatever, is more important than anyone's life, you are exactly the kind of person who is too dangerous to own weapons.

The right to own guns is nowhere near as important as the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. People can live just fine without guns, but we can't live just fine without basic freedoms.

I have to second this.

Guns+depression+paranoia=nothing good. You need help, Sly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:44 pm

I’ve been mugged a few times. Was stabbed in the head.