What upcoming 2019 games are you looking forward to?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2019, 8:04 pm

-Luigi's Mansion 3

I've only played the second game, but I'm still really excited for this. Luigi's Mansion is without a doubt the most unique of the Mario spin-offs, and I had a great time with Dark Moon. I've heard some people say the graphics should be better, but I think it's fine, especially since the visuals have probably been improved since the trailer.

-Yoshi's Crafted World

Not much to say about this one; it looks like a good platformer, and I like platformers. I also still haven't played a Yoshi game. The visual style is certainly neat, but I feel like it's been done before with games like Little Big Planet.

-Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove

I've never played a game in this franchise either, but I always thought the original looked cool, and Back in the Groove looks like the perfect successor. I was a little worried about it, since I didn't hear any news on the game for a long time, but it finally got a release date for March recently, so hopefully it'll be good.

-Unnamed Pokémon Game for Switch

I'm always excited for a new main-series Pokémon, but I'm also really concerned. Let's Go was flawed and didn't interest me, but it also removed random encounters, which absolutely should be a permanent change, but I feel like Game Freak wouldn't carry over something from a spin-off into the main series. Then there's the fact that Game Freak said they want this entry to be a handheld-focused title, which sounds like they're gonna make it a pain in the a** to play in docked mode, despite the fact that tons of fans- including me -have been asking/hoping for a proper (Let's Go and the GameCube games are spin-offs) Pokémon game on a home console for years. And what if they do a repeat of generation 6, where there's barely any extra content because they save too much of the good stuff for the following games? And can we PLEASE have an option to skip the tutorials already?! There are aspects I'm more confident in: the visuals will probably be just as good, if not better than Let's Go and the new Pokémon will probably be great, but I'm probably gonna feel uncertain at least until the reveal trailer.

-Streets of Rage 4

This game could potentially get delayed into 2020, but I doubt that's going to happen. I have a lot of great memories playing Streets of Rage 3 with my brother, and I still say it's the best of the three after playing the 3DS re-release of 2. 3 has the better roster and music, and the gameplay feels quite a bit faster, which is a good thing. I don't understand why everyone says 2 is better. But anyway, I thought for sure this series was dead, since it got basically zero attention for years and years; when Sega randomly dropped the reveal trailer, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It looks awesome, especially since they went with a new animation style instead of the obvious Genesis-style throwback look.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 10:31 pm

Wargroove, a top down turn based tactics game with single player campaign and up to 4 player online multiplayer. I've played a lot of Advance Wars in the past but there's currently nothing in a similar vein as robust or with good online functionality.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, a game being made by some of the makers of the Castlevania games. I played the prequel and enjoyed it, but looking for something with more modern stylings like this game appears to have. Though I'm not a fan of the 3D models in a 2D plane; it makes things like figuring out hitboxes less intuitive.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, the next FromSoftware game that looks to be similar in vein to their Soulsborne games, with various changes that come with it being a new IP. I've loved everything they've made since Demon's Souls, and this doesn't look like it'll disappoint.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps, the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest. I loved this game, it was a fantastic platformer. Hopefully they capitalise on the strengths of the original, and do away with some of its weaker elements (the garbage combat).

Doom Eternal, because the previous DOOM was fantastic.

When They Cry 5, sequel to the excellent Higurashi/Umineko When They Cry visual novels.

I also helped crowdfund a VR animation for Spice and Wolf, so I'll be looking forward to that coming out this year.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 2:15 am

I don't know, just looking forward to getting the xbox one x...and playing skyrim and dragon age, inquisition on it. But I am sure I'll find more games to play just don't have any specific I am waiting for.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 3:06 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't know, just looking forward to getting the xbox one x...and playing skyrim and dragon age, inquisition on it. But I am sure I'll find more games to play just don't have any specific I am waiting for.

Elderscrolls 6 perhaps?

(Assuming Bethesda don't f**k it up like they did with Fallout 76. First game from them that i didn't get and won't play even if they pay me)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:48 am

Judge Eyes. Spinoff Yakuza game.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 8:21 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Elderscrolls 6 perhaps?

(Assuming Bethesda don't f**k it up like they did with Fallout 76. First game from them that i didn't get and won't play even if they pay me)

Don't get your hopes up on that one too much.

Bethesda seems to be like Blizzard now: A hollow shell of what they used to be.

Heck, they didn't just screw up with 76... they screwed up AND THEN COMPOUNDED IT. REPEATEDLY. New screwups are STILL coming in! It's like a train wreck, except it doesn't run out of momentum and just keeps tumbling and exploding.

There's a really, REALLY high chance that the next Elder Scrolls is going to be bad. It's certainly possible that it could be good... but yeah, it's unlikely at this point. It's become very clear that Bethesda has become one of those companies that is more interested in monetization and such rather than making good games.

Not to mention, the thing about Bethesda is... they were never that good to begin with. EVERY game they make is a buggy mess. ALL of them.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2019, 8:34 pm

Misery wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Elderscrolls 6 perhaps?

Don't get your hopes up on that one too much.

Bethesda seems to be like Blizzard now: A hollow shell of what they used to be.

Heck, they didn't just screw up with 76... they screwed up AND THEN COMPOUNDED IT. REPEATEDLY. New screwups are STILL coming in! It's like a train wreck, except it doesn't run out of momentum and just keeps tumbling and exploding.

There's a really, REALLY high chance that the next Elder Scrolls is going to be bad. It's certainly possible that it could be good... but yeah, it's unlikely at this point. It's become very clear that Bethesda has become one of those companies that is more interested in monetization and such rather than making good games.

Not to mention, the thing about Bethesda is... they were never that good to begin with. EVERY game they make is a buggy mess. ALL of them.

I think there's something to be said in regards to the bugginess of Bethesda's games being hilarious too, though. My favorite streamer did a playthrough of Skyrim last year, and he got to see a piece of paper suddenly turn into a bucket when it was burned, among other wonderous sights. He's even said that the main reason he kept streaming Skyrim was the glitches. And when he played Fallout 76, there was one part where he was in a building with another player, and a monster dog ran in with a box stuck inside it. His resulting laugh was beautiful. Granted, the games can have glitches that hinder the player as well, but those seem to be less common.

But either way, Elder Scrolls 6 is definitely not coming out this year. Todd Howard said at last year's e3 that they're going to finish Starfield first, which will probably be a next-generation game.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 8:38 pm

coalminer wrote:

I think there's something to be said in regards to the bugginess of Bethesda's games being hilarious too, though. My favorite streamer did a playthrough of Skyrim last year, and he got to see a piece of paper suddenly turn into a bucket when it was burned, among other wonderous sights. He's even said that the main reason he kept streaming Skyrim was the glitches. And when he played Fallout 76, there was one part where he was in a building with another player, and a monster dog ran in with a box stuck inside it. His resulting laugh was beautiful. Granted, the games can have glitches that hinder the player as well, but those seem to be less common.

But either way, Elder Scrolls 6 is definitely not coming out this year. Todd Howard said at last year's e3 that they're going to finish Starfield first, which will probably be a next-generation game.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely give them that. The bugs are usually more of the Goat Simulator sort rather than the gamebreaking sort.

I remember seeing a compilation of them on YouTube at one point... my favorite was where the player was standing in some sort of chapel or holy building or whatever, it was like some sort of wedding event, or... something. I'm a bit hazy on the details, this video was some time ago. But as the player is watching whatever it was, suddenly out of nowhere, one of the NPCs that you can recruit to follow you around just suddenly plummets from the ceiling and lands in front of the player with a SPLAT.

It was one of those moments where I had to pause the video because I was laughing too hard and needed to actually breathe first.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:43 am

A fair few have caught my eye!

-Biohazard 2 (recently got sub 4 minutes on the timed demo!)
-Streets of Rage 4
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing for the Switch
-FFVII Chapter 1 (if they release anything of the remake by the end of 2019)

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 10:47 am

ace combat 7
resident evil 2
devil may cry 5
sekiro
dead or alive 6
the outer worlds

will mostly be watching to see how they do... there are too many.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:02 am

coalminer wrote:
What upcoming 2019 games are you looking forward to?

The Death Valley Surfing Competition.

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2019, 11:05 am

I doubt Doom: Eternal is going to be out this year, probably next year.

I'm looking forward to:
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- The Lego Movie 2

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:12 pm

I wanna say Pokemon gen 8, but i haven't got the Switch yet, it feels premature to say so

Dragon Quest 11, if it ever comes to a platform I own

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 9:37 pm

Cyberpunk 2077

The Last Of Us 2

Both look awesome.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

Animal Crossing

also for the Switch

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm

Sekiro is a given for me; Bloodborne is my favourite game of all time and I'm interested to see how From changes up the formula. I'm really happy that they refused to go on indefinitely with Dark Souls and want to evolve their work, although I'll admit that I miss the mystique of Demon's Souls and (less so) the original Dark Souls.

Given that Platinum hasn't actually developed anything worthwhile in some time (I think the combat in Nier Automata was bad, even though I love everything else about that game) it feels like the character action genre is dead, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what Capcom does with DMC5. They're on a roll lately.

I'm looking forward to the new season pass for Dragon Ball FighterZ. Yeah, I'm pushing it since the game came out last year but this is the first fighting game I've been able to get into and I grew up with DB so I want to see who's coming. Honestly, I'd really like to have SS4 Goku, but that's never going to happen.

Doom Eternal... I'll play it. The last one was decent. To be honest I don't enjoy many games anymore so the fact that I will probably play this one places it higher than most releases.

As for Bloodstained, I'll see how it is. Curse of the Moon was great and I finished it on all the endings. I grew up with SotN and the other Metroidvania CV games, but lately I've grown to appreciate the old style more. I think Rondo of Blood is the best game in the series. So I'm not sure how much I'll like Bloodstained but I'll probably end up playing it.