What upcoming 2019 games are you looking forward to?

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 8:43 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I'm very interested in No Man's Sky, which has been announced today for VR. I wasn't really interested in it before since it looked like similar to a bunch of other games I've played, such as Elite Dangerous and Empyrion. But with VR it seems much more interesting and should fit well, assuming they don't botch it up like Subnautica.

Oh yeah, I just heard about this like a couple of hours ago.

I already have NMS, and as far as I'm concerned it's been absolutely fantastic. Sure it had a bad launch, but the devs are *incredibly* skilled at what they do, as they've proven with each update. The game has totally outdone my original expectations & hopes. I've got many hours in it at this point. Though I STILL havent completed a playthrough (AKA, reached the galactic core). I always get so freaking distracted in games like this.

With this announcement, it's now something I'm super excited about. Which is the same as it was last year when THAT big update was coming.

I will say though, since you mentioned it, it doesnt play whatsoever like Elite or Empyrion. Expect something completely different from either of those.

I do wonder at the controls though. What I really want out of it is *full* support for the Touch controllers... no need for a flight stick or special side controller or anything like that. Just looking at the trailer though, it's looking like full motion support is indeed the direction they're going in.

Yet another game that can make my arms hurt in VR then!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 10:01 pm

Misery wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
My grahpics card "Radeon HD 6900" doesn't support Vulcan :( , it must be less than a potatoe :lol:

I looked up that card.

....and got an article from 2010 about it.

Well. You're right, it might be less than a potato, in that case.

Why not just grab a super cheapo recent card though? It's not like an upgrade requires that the part you install be a high-end expensive thing.... it just needs to be functional.

What do you recommend? , I might just watch out on eBay for a dirt cheap one and gamble.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 11:39 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
What do you recommend? , I might just watch out on eBay for a dirt cheap one and gamble.

I have no idea... I've never had to really deal with hardware myself, so the specific details are beyond me. When I get a new PC, it gets put together at the local Fry's... they handle the part choices. If I tried to figure it out myself, it'd be a disaster.

But what I do know is that plenty of cheap-yet-recent cards can still handle modern games. They wont do it particularly well, mind you... you'll likely be running on low settings, and things like VR stuff is out of the question in many cases.

Best to do some research before putting any new part into your machine. Not just to make sure you're getting the right one: but also to make sure the machine can take it. Sticking a new card in and then finding out that, oops, the power supply cant take it (and thus also needs to be replaced) would be a little annoying.

There are forums and things like Discord servers specifically about these things, where you can ask around and point out the price range you're okay with, and the games you most want to play (and mention that you're okay with low settings). But be ready to give ALL of your PC specs when you do so, so that anyone that helps can spot any issues that might pop up.

And dont just rush into any purchase, definitely. If you take your time and do it all properly, you'll probably get what you want.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm

I'm pretty bummed about the announcement of Dance Central VR as exclusive to Facebook. It was the one thing I wanted Harmonic to make, and made way more sense to being over than Rock Hero or their take on Osu.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 10:04 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I'm pretty bummed about the announcement of Dance Central VR as exclusive to Facebook. It was the one thing I wanted Harmonic to make, and made way more sense to being over than Rock Hero or their take on Osu.

Okay, I just had a mental bluescreen moment upon reading this.

How does a VR game end up being connected to freaking Facebook? I cant reason my way through that one here.

As for the topic here, I had been going to say "Well I'm really looking forward to Risk of Rain 2!" and then I find out just earlier that it just appeared on Steam FINALLY. So that's one anxious expectation out of the way.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm

I'm surprised you didn't know that already. A lot of VR games are locked exclusively to Facebook's platform, it's been a problem for many years. Games by Epic, Insomniac, Ready at Dawn and many other developers have exclusivity contracts to only work on their hardware.

Other companies such as Intel and NVIDIA have tried similar things before with locking features for games arbitrarily unless users own their hardware in exchange for money, but haven't been as successful and have generally been met with enough user backlash to make it not worth their time. Facebook however, has been very successful with their strategy. Dance Central VR is just another in a long line of similarly fated games.

Something tells me it's going to be a fairly lacklustre effort though. Dance Central 3 was the best game in the series, and their offering afterwards was pretty barebones and seemed to lack effort. This upcoming game looks to trend even further in that direction, with the worst character models they've ever used and tiny, sparse environments. But I hope I'm wrong - I'd like it to be successful and hopefully at some point not be exclusive.

I'm still upset the Kinect flopped - the series showed more than any other game that it was a very capable piece of hardware - people are still using them nowadays for full body tracking in VR long after Xbox users have abandoned it. It died not because of the hardware, but because of the crap software people built for it. Kinect ultimately is also a better fit for the series compared to VR because of its limitations - having to wear bulky equipment, often tethered, with no full body tracking is a significant downstep from the capabilities of the Kinect.

EndlessStorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2019, 10:54 pm

I'm really looking forward to Days Gone.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 1:12 am

Right now the two big ones I'm looking forward to are Bloodstained and Doom Eternal. I crowdfunded the first one and so far everything I've seen and played from the demos is excellent. It's shaping up to be exactly what Symphony of the Night fans have been hoping for.

As for Doom Eternal it looks like it's embracing its roots with updated classic visuals. After Doom 2016 came out and proved that a frenzied run and gun fps could not only exist but thrive in the modern gaming world I was eager to see any hint of a sequel.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 10:35 pm

Well, it won't be coming out in 2019, but the Elder Scrolls 6 photorealistic graphics has me pumped.

oat_cat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2019, 1:12 am

Vanilla WoW & I'm hoping it will be good.

Clawford
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

I'm looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Yes I am a filthy slave to Nintendo. Fight me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 4:19 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Well, it won't be coming out in 2019, but the Elder Scrolls 6 photorealistic graphics has me pumped.

I wouldnt get too excited for it.

The Bethesda that made games like Morrowind or Fallout New Vegas is, well... dead. They've proven that MANY times lately. It's alot like with Blizzard: The beloved developer that made Diablo 2 is long gone, and all that remains is a hollow shell that Activision parades around to get money.

There's a *really* high chance that Elder Scrolls 6 not only wont look as good as you think it will graphically (seriously, NEVER trust preview vids, images, or presentations), but it'll probably be a greedy, microtransaction-infused disaster. And with Bethesda, when disaster strikes, they'll then double it somehow.

Bethesda has fallen far, and fallen HARD. Farther and harder than I could describe in one post. I daresay they're one of the three worst companies in the industry right now.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 8:11 pm

Whoa I'm absolutely stoked. Ciconia When They Cry was announced for a release in August... with a Day 1 English translation! This is pretty rare for a visual novel, especially since it's an indie developer. It's fun to think both Japanese and English speaking people will be trying to make up theories about it as its releasing and neither will have to worry about spoilers.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 8:26 am

Dragon Quest builders 2

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 6:50 am

Borderlands 3!

BertramD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2019, 4:38 am

I'm so looking forward to re-release of the World of Warcraft as it was when it was released 15 years ago. So many fond memories!