Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 18 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:18 pm

enz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t believe most of the Republican Party consists of white supremacists.

The ones that aren't are guilty by association. They have the option of denouncing that BS and leaving the party - but they stay, which means that at the very least they condone it.

So all democrats are by association anti gun, violent protests since the protesters are democrats. Those who aren’t can just leave the democrat party but they don’t.

Everything you say can the turned right back at democrats and any politics party.
Hopefully this shows you how Unfair what you say is.

Doesnt sound as bad as white supremacists :lol:

I guess if you don’t mine not having any freedom or rights but if you do it’s just as bad.
But sorry half the nation isn’t a bunch of super racists there’s maybe 10,000 such people in the nation Max. Stop trying to make it out to be worse then it is.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:22 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
People outside the US saying or implying that America is full of nazis is xenophobic.

Not if it's true.

Are you saying it is?

And if so, were you saying that before 2016, or did they magically appear afterwords?

I knew they were around, but Trump really brought them out into the public eye. Obama did too, I guess a black man in the white house made them lose their minds.

170million nazis in the nation according to this and you didn’t notice them? Mean if think you’d notice if half the people are oh s you walk around wearing nazi armbands trying to kill non whites.
Mean if what is said is try we’d alresdy be the 4th Reich and have hitler statues everywhere and people like you’d be happy n camps already as nazis didn’t put up with people who disagree.
So the lack of camps and millions of nazis tells me it’s not true. There’s like 10,000 or less that’s not 170million people .

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The United States is NOT full of Nazis...…

Me and you are clearly nazis and just don’t onow it Kraft

This is how half the people here seem to picture me

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:40 pm

They don't care about them. All they care about are the votes that they can get from the illegals. It's all about staying in power.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:41 pm

Nobody thinks you're a Nazi, Sly.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:46 pm

sly279 wrote:

I didn't know you were a member of The Furred Reich Sly :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nobody thinks you're a Nazi, Sly.

They’ve said I am so you’re wrong.
They’ve also said half the USA is nazis

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:56 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I googled it. Was between this and tails from sonic , but she’s not a fox.
There was another one with paw print instead of swastka.

This I find but I can’t find any fox wearing maga hat pics as all it brings up is some actor

enz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:08 pm

sly279 wrote:
enz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The ones that aren't are guilty by association. They have the option of denouncing that BS and leaving the party - but they stay, which means that at the very least they condone it.

So all democrats are by association anti gun, violent protests since the protesters are democrats. Those who aren’t can just leave the democrat party but they don’t.

Everything you say can the turned right back at democrats and any politics party.

I guess if you don’t mine not having any freedom or rights but if you do it’s just as bad.
But sorry half the nation isn’t a bunch of super racists there’s maybe 10,000 such people in the nation Max. Stop trying to make it out to be worse then it is.

It was a joke, my previous post said "doesn't every group have a toxic underbelly?"

But seriously countries with strict gun control never really have mass shootings. You could probably find a few but they are very rare. And violent protesters are no match for riot police

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:17 pm

sly279 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This I find but I can’t find any fox wearing maga hat pics as all it brings up is some actor

I made you one :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:34 pm

enz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
enz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It was a joke, my previous post said "doesn't every group have a toxic underbelly?"

But seriously countries with strict gun control never really have mass shootings. You could probably find a few but they are very rare. And violent protesters are no match for riot police

By USA definition they have just as many. They just don’t classify them as such.
Imagine if the USA defined it as 10 or more victims we’d have had few mass shootings too
http://www.rallyforourrights.com/mass-shootings-lies/

Quote:
The stats used in the news sources cited above stating there have been 307 mass shootings thus far in 2018 are from the Gun Violence Archive. Okay, let’s look a little deeper into the GVA. The mission statement on their website states it is a “non-profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide free online public access to accurate information about gun related violence in the United States.”

We dug into the website’s “mass shooting” report for 2018. We filtered the list by lowest deaths to highest. Immediately 11 out of the 13 pages were disqualified, as there were between 0 and 3 deaths per incident. That means right away, 287 incidents out of 307 do not qualify as a mass shooting by definition. In fact, 155 of these incidents resulted in zero deaths. This is unbelievable.

That leaves only two pages to dig through. The most common theme with the remaining list of incidents is that they were primarily either family or domestic violence related. Using the definition used by the CRS, that removes all but six shootings that actually count as a public mass shooting. Yes folks, there have only been SIX mass shootings this year in the United States – not 307.

Here are the six qualifying incidents:

February 14, 2018, Broward County Florida (Parkland), 17 dead, 17 injured.
April 22, 2018, Antioch, Tennessee, 4 dead, 3 injured.
May 18, 2018, Santa Fe Texas, 10 dead, 13 injured.
June 28, 2018 Annapolis, Maryland, 5 dead, two injured.
October 27, 2018, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 11 dead, 7 injured.
November 7, 2018, Thousand Oaks, California, 13 dead, 2 injured.

Six mass shootings compared to 307 is a substantial difference. The media easily plays off the ignorance of the public, taking advantage of the fact that there is not a universal definition of “mass shooting”, and blowing up an issue that, although very tragic, is only part of a larger picture of violent crime, most of which does not involve firearms.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:43 pm

You only win that round by semantics.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... -the-world

still, someone shooting up a school is pretty awful

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:52 pm

enz wrote:
You only win that round by semantics.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... -the-world

still, someone shooting up a school is pretty awful

Point being is other nations have different definitions that the USA media would call mass shootings or school shootings but never makes the news cause it’s not considered such in those nations.
The USA isn’t anymore dangerous then Europe.

It is but it doesn’t justify banning guns and making 100 million people criminals to be locked up in an already crowded prison system as much as the prisons would love the money.
School shootings are still super rare and non of the gun control would stop them. Defensive measure are far more better solution then feel good laws.
17 dead by simi auto rifle with 10
Round mags
17 dead from 6 shot revolver and 5 shot shotgun.
Yet they claim banning mags over 10 rounds and banning simi autos would help all why saying when asked well no it won’t stop a single shooting.
Someone driving a truck into a schoo is bad too but we don’t ban trucks or cars.
To stop drunk drivers we made harder punishments for drunk drivers, we didn’t ban cars and punish everyone else.
The USA doesn’t even enforce its current gun laws. That’s probably help. Florida could have been stopped if current laws were enforced

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 8:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
sly279 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I made you one :)

And one for Ignaz

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 8:16 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
People outside the US saying or implying that America is full of nazis is xenophobic.

Not if it's true.

Are you saying it is?

And if so, were you saying that before 2016, or did they magically appear afterwords?

I knew they were around, but Trump really brought them out into the public eye. Obama did too, I guess a black man in the white house made them lose their minds.

I hadn't thought about the Obama angle. Most likely anything said against him was labeled racist/white-supremacist/nazi, by those who are into that. So that's probably when all the phantom nazis started appearing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 1:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Whatever happened to conservatives conserving this tradition: “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” ? :?

That tradition of warmly accepting outsiders was subject to the first US immigration law, enacted in 1791, limited naturalization to "free white persons."

The US immigration laws actually become worse at the turn of the 20th century. Several laws from the 1880s through 1917 excluded persons with "dangerous contagious diseases, paupers, polygamists, the feebleminded" and the "insane." This included people with autism.

President Calvin Coolidge. In 1921, before he became vice president, Coolidge had started promoting the superiority of northern Europeans over the southern Europeans who were then migrating by the millions.In an article titled "Whose Country is This?" Coolidge wrote that "the Nordics (northern Europeans) propagate themselves successfully. With other races, the outcome shows deterioration on both sides."In 1924, then-US President Calvin Coolidge signed an immigration law that established a quota system prioritizing visas for countries already represented in the United States. The legislation was intended to "preserve the ideal of U.S. homogeneity."Also known as the Johnson-Reed Act, the law established quotas limiting immigration to 2 percent of each nationality present in the U.S. by 1910. In effect, it restricted the migration of Italians, Slavs, and Jews, among other southern and eastern Europeans, and it was an important reason why many Jews could not come to America to escape the Holocaust.

Even before 1965 when Mexicans and other non-whites could legally apply to immigrate the US had a very clear idea what they mean't by "the huddled masses". After 1965 America suddenly became "too full". Same thing happened here in Australia when the white Australia policy ended and the public became "suddenly" concerned with whether we could sustain a larger population. All very convenient.