Why do liberals care more about illegal immigrants?

Page 1 of 19 [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2019, 1:51 am

Why did you liberals go apeshit about those two kids who died at the border but you ignore the hundreds American citizens being killed by illegal immigrants? Why do you care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens? That's treasonous.

Is it possible for you to respond without criticizing Trump? I don't think so.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 2:03 am

Heat844 wrote:
Why did you liberals go apeshit about those two kids who died at the border but you ignore the hundreds American citizens being killed by illegal immigrants? Why do you care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens? That's treasonous.

Human rights, sympathy are smokescreens. The whole thing is about the belief that immigrants if allowed to become legal will vote liberal.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 2:06 am

I think some or many think it's all about racism. That people are anti-illegal-immigrant only because they are racist. Because they are terrified of and hate "brown people". I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 2:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Heat844 wrote:

Human rights, sympathy are smokescreens. The whole thing is about the belief that immigrants if allowed to become legal will vote liberal.

Bullseye.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 2:17 am

Heat844 wrote:
That's treasonous.

Are you really 41 years old? Because if you are, it is sad that you don't know what "treason" means at your age.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 3:30 am

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Heat844 wrote:

Bullseye.

The dems were for tight security when young people were less diverse and voted less.

It works the other way also. Repubicans may or may not be racist but they vote surpress because blacks vote overwhelmingly demoratic. If whites voted 90 percent democrat and blacks 90 percent the Republican Congress would pass laws mandating hiring quotas and reparations for slavery immediately.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:03 am

starkid wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
That's treasonous.

Are you really 41 years old? Because if you are, it is sad that you don't know what "treason" means at your age.

That's a blatant personal attack though.

It's like when they accuse a grown man, "Forest Gump" of being "stupid".

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:20 am

EzraS wrote:
I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.

Irish immigrants were treated as racially inferior for centuries by American and English anti-immigrant activists. They were thought to be drunks of genetically inferior intelligence who brought radicalism, poverty, crime, and (the ever-dreaded) Catholicism, which naturally meant they were frequently suspected by protestants of being political agents of the papacy (any of this sound familiar?). Thinking Irish immigrants were welcomed by the English or Americans as fellow whites shows a laughable ignorance of history.

ASPartOfMe wrote:

They're fleeing from conflicts which are a direct result of American foreign and drug enforcement policies. Conservatives are just reaping what they have sown with their blind devotion to business leaders who have exploited central American countries for decades and their manliness-before-reason War on Drugs. Furthermore, you do know that Hispanics are one of the largest voting blocs for Republicans after whites? 29% of Hispanic voters voted for Trump. Unless they're nationalists, European immigrants aren't about to vote Republican in this day and age so more Hispanic immigrants are honestly what you should be hoping for. The treatment of this current wave of Hispanic immigrants certainly won't be doing Republicans any favors on this front. You're just creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 7:38 am

Heat844 wrote:

Because Liberals prefer to live in a reality-based world of empiricism rather than a brutally racist, fact-free world of ignorance. Your premise is factually untrue and therefore logically indefensible; in common parlance, a lie.
Two charts demolish the notion that immigrants here illegally commit more crime
Illegal Immigration Does Not Increase Violent Crime, 4 Studies Show
Research Tells Us That Immigration Does Not Lead to Higher Crime Rates

Then there's this:
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Res ipsa loquitur

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 8:33 am

What hundreds of Americans being killed by illegal immigrants? :? Why am I the first person to ask this question? :?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 8:52 am

roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I suppose they feel that if those south of the border entering illegally were white, they would be accepted with open arms. Even though that certainly wasn't the case regarding Irish immigrants pouring in during the potato famine.

Irish immigrants were treated as racially inferior for centuries by American and English anti-immigrant activists. They were thought to be drunks of genetically inferior intelligence who brought radicalism, poverty, crime, and (the ever-dreaded) Catholicism, which naturally meant they were frequently suspected by protestants of being political agents of the papacy (any of this sound familiar?). Thinking Irish immigrants were welcomed by the English or Americans as fellow whites shows a laughable ignorance of history.

I don't know if you're saying Ezra is ignorant of history of Irish immigrants or you're agreeing with him, but Ezra was saying Irish (white) were NOT accepted.

And, yes, the elephant in the room: votes. I would find a legitimate humanitarian concern to be more believable if democratic politicians and their supporters would acknowledge the FACT that immigrants accepting a wide array of free government programs can be assumed to vote democrat, but, politics aside, say that that's NOT the point.

Something like: "Yes, they most likely will vote democrat, but that's not the point. These are human beings who need help and we want to help them!"

Not acknowledging the obvious makes the agenda obvious. Disingenuous.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 9:10 am

Quote:
I would find a legitimate humanitarian concern to be more believable if democratic politicians and their supporters would acknowledge the FACT that immigrants accepting a wide array of free government programs can be assumed to vote democrat...

I suggest that you check you're alleged "facts". Again, your premise is factually untrue and therefore logically indefensible; in common parlance, a lie.
Only those with lawful permanent resident status are eligible for federal aid programs, but not until they have resided as a legal resident for five years. This includes refugees and asylum seekers.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 9:14 am

Piobaire wrote:
Quote:
I would find a legitimate humanitarian concern to be more believable if democratic politicians and their supporters would acknowledge the FACT that immigrants accepting a wide array of free government programs can be assumed to vote democrat...

I suggest that you check you're alleged "facts". Again, your premise is factually untrue and therefore logically indefensible; in common parlance, a lie.
Only those with lawful permanent resident status are eligible for federal aid programs, but not until they have resided as a legal resident for five years. This includes refugees and asylum seekers.

Did I say "federal" government?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 10:51 am

Magna wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I don't know if you're saying Ezra is ignorant of history of Irish immigrants or you're agreeing with him, but Ezra was saying Irish (white) were NOT accepted.

Yes.

Last edited by EzraS on 14 Jan 2019, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:00 am

Heat844 wrote:
Why do conservatives hate non-white people who are seeking a better life?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Why do conservatives hate non-white people who are seeking a better life?

They (and democrats during Bill Clinton's administration) don't want millions of illegal aliens continuing to pour in here. If it were millions of white people pouring in illegally from the Balkans, it wouldn't make any difference.