Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2019, 10:32 am

I am on a mild dose of Reboxetine cause I suffer from extreme fatique and lethargic depression. This is a noadrenaline medication, not same as SNRI, it's only NRI. I have tried SSRI but got even more tired of it (and fat and also some breathing problems).

The problem with Reboxetine is that I wake up several times a night and that I actually feel relaxed on this (how is that even possible). Its not a problem to be relaxed but it should wake me up, but it's not.

I want to hear your experience with this drug, if you have. Did u experience side effects? When did it leave? Did this helped you? Did you gain or lose weight on this?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 11:14 pm

I took reboxetine (Edronax) for about 2 years. From 2010 to 2012. It was meant for depression and to augment the dexamphetamine I take for ADHD. It didn't feel as though it did much, to be honest, although when I didn't take dexamphetamine, I still felt a mild alertness.

It was the worst medication for its smell! I thought it was really gross and that was one of the reasons I was glad to stop taking it.

Edronax was swapped to Cymbalta.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2019, 2:40 am

renaeden wrote:
I took reboxetine (Edronax) for about 2 years. From 2010 to 2012. It was meant for depression and to augment the dexamphetamine I take for ADHD. It didn't feel as though it did much, to be honest, although when I didn't take dexamphetamine, I still felt a mild alertness.

It was the worst medication for its smell! I thought it was really gross and that was one of the reasons I was glad to stop taking it.

Edronax was swapped to Cymbalta.

Thank you for the respond, I appreciate it.
I never felt any smell from Reboxetine tablets.

Was Cymbalta better? Any side effects like weigt gain?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 6:43 am

My flatmate thought that my reboxetine smelled like vanilla. I had to disagree!

Cymbalta wasn't bad, I had no side effects at all from that. Only thing was it didn't last long (about a year) before I started getting depressive symptoms again.

I'm now on moclobemide, which has been the best antidepressant medication I've ever been on. Five years and still good. 8)

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2019, 11:06 am

renaeden wrote:
My flatmate thought that my reboxetine smelled like vanilla. I had to disagree!

Cymbalta wasn't bad, I had no side effects at all from that. Only thing was it didn't last long (about a year) before I started getting depressive symptoms again.

I'm now on moclobemide, which has been the best antidepressant medication I've ever been on. Five years and still good. 8)

It's not a SSRI, right or is it? Have you gain weight or lost weight?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 3:00 am

Cymbalta is an SNRI, I think. Moclobemide is a reversible MAOI. I haven't gained weight from taking either of them. Or reboxetine, either.