Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LisaM1031
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2019, 6:33 pm

I consider myself to be very introverted overall, but people have commented over the years that my behavior is very “inconsistent”. Like one day I will seem very talkative and part of the group, then the next day not talk to anyone or be engaged at all. Is this an ASD thing? I didn’t even realize that I do this until people have pointed it out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

It's a "person" thing, in my opinion.

Many non-autistic, "NT"-type people are just like that. Social one moment; desiring solitude another moment.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:25 pm

I'm inconsistent myself and not just about being social or behaving like it.

Overall, it is a person thing. I've yet to find one whose inconsistency wilder than mine, and I've also yet to find one who is flat out consistent at all.

If it's a part of ASD, then I think it's likely a regulation thing. If it were me, it's particularly with handling emotions, sensations, and behavior.
That includes the choice to act, the desire, or even the capacity to be social at the moment or not, for whatever reasons.

This is actually a problem to me to be honest; being to inconsistent in general. It's like *I* and everyone else around me couldn't make up their minds about 'me'.
A part of me does enjoy being unpredictable to others on a whim, while another part of me had enough with it and is fighting the random like whim of doing this.