Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JustinDonne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2019, 8:21 am

I think my best option is to try to get consulting work. It’ll be 2 years in February that I’ve been unemployed.

They say it leads to crime, or degradation, but honestly I don’t feel that. I exercise, I eat well, I volunteer almost every day, I read every day, I’m writing a book, and wanting to create an information product about cat care system. So I’m productive, and much happier than in a job.

On the other hand, I don’t want to run out of money.

My Brain wiring makes it easy to look at complex moves or events and be able to see what the outcomes will be. I designed the autism strategy for the city to rave reviews. I led the Round Table in my region to its best year in over 4 decades. I’m not without skills, but they are strategic, high level, and absolutely not coping with admin, entry level, customer service, or stuff like that. But what jobs are out there? Senior level positions, but I need to be taken seriously.

When I have worked, at Disney, and for a Royal charity, I created results everyone thought where impossible. My training sessions and presentations always got the best feedback.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, or any leads.

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2019, 10:03 am

I don't know what to suggest to be honest. Work in the UK is hard to find, I recently had a interview during which I had a panic attack... I'd been searching for two years as well and was really lucky to get to interview.
I doubt I'll find another job again for a while :(

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2019, 7:49 pm

JustinDonne wrote:
I think my best option is to try to get consulting work. It’ll be 2 years in February that I’ve been unemployed.

They say it leads to crime, or degradation, but honestly I don’t feel that. I exercise, I eat well, I volunteer almost every day, I read every day, I’m writing a book, and wanting to create an information product about cat care system. So I’m productive, and much happier than in a job.

On the other hand, I don’t want to run out of money.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, or any leads.

You're a trustee, a volunteer ambassador and you're on Linked In. That alone won't find you work by the way, you have to already have the right connections. I noticed you mentioned royal charity, I'm guessing it was The Princes Trust? If you are actively unemployed, which is me too basically, I was curious by what you'd written, as I am also treading along this route myself as I've said, and this will get you out of the mandatory so called 'Health Scheme', that the job centre does inevitably put you on after this length of time you are with them in receipt of job centre benefits.
You are obviously a hard working volunteer tirelessly campaigning for changes where you are, so I applaud you with this and hope your hard won efforts are appreciated by a regular team trustee employer.
I myself, have placed myself on a similar path, which not only avoids the poorly funded programme option, it's offered me future career insight into a line of work, the person who assessed me via interview thinks of my abilities.
Sometimes, you just need to show them on paper what you got, and speak as fluently as you would to anyone else.