Boss mad me it, says I dont interact enough?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TrippyRabbit99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2019, 5:10 pm

This seems to be a thing every job I have. You're not bubbly enough you dont make enough eye contact, your posture is strange, you look scared. Someone gave me good advice to record myself so I can see my quirks.

It's just fustrating, I try my darn best to please "normal" people but they keep noticing I'm odd. I fake a smile and try my best not to walk weird. I was made fun of at a place I used to work for the way I walked and stood.

I give anything to be normal and have people not give me that freaky expression.

Last edited by TrippyRabbit99 on 18 Jan 2019, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheila Nye
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2019, 5:25 pm

I feel badly that you are going through this.

In some countries, you are legally protected from stuff like that if you disclose that you have a medical condition/ disability. In others, you are not.

Seems to me that if you do your job, that should be most important.

TrippyRabbit99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2019, 7:41 pm

Sheila Nye wrote:
I feel badly that you are going through this.

In some countries, you are legally protected from stuff like that if you disclose that you have a medical condition/ disability. In others, you are not.

Seems to me that if you do your job, that should be most important.

Yeah, I dont know i dont ever tell my boss that I'm on the spectrum as I never saw it was necessary but I may need to.

If I do I feel like they'll say "maybe you shouldn't be working then" or something along those lines

Ferretmom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2019, 7:03 am

I’ve had this problem in almost every job. Then when I try to interact more, I’m told that I’m doing it wrong. I feel like there’s no way to win. Either I keep to myself and have people complaining that I’m unfriendly, or I try to overcome that and have them complaining that I’m rude. What the hell? It makes me so angry. I’m good at my job. Why can’t that be enough? I work in an office, not a social club. My social skills (or lack thereof) shouldn’t matter any more than someone else’s skill at any other non-work thing.