What happens when people are informed about Trump's finances

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 2:20 am

EzraS wrote:
Why would anyone assume that someone who had a NY real estate developer father and was enrolled in a prestigious private school, wasn't born into money?

Everyone else around the world is wondering the same thing about the Americans that believe trump is self made. We're also wondering how any of your citizens can believe any words that come out of his mouth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 3:59 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
You told me you don't want to talk to me anymore, and I agreed.

No I said I didn't want to talk about me as in me being a topic.

That agreement.

I have not agreed to anything outside of the Wrong Planet ToS,

We obviously don't get along, so why can't you just stop commenting to me?

As I stated before, I'm commenting on remarks said to and about me.

I don't want to speak to you and you don't want to speak to me so why are you doing this?

Because you keep bringing it up.

I'm starting to feel bullied now. Please just leave me alone, I won't ask you again.

You can't really ask or expect someone not to respond to posts to them and about them.

Or ask or expect that someone not respond to others regarding the topic of a thread, just because you started the thread or you are in the thread.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 4:17 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why would anyone assume that someone who had a NY real estate developer father and was enrolled in a prestigious private school, wasn't born into money?

Everyone else around the world is wondering the same thing about the Americans that believe trump is self made. We're also wondering how any of your citizens can believe any words that come out of his mouth.

Self made means having become successful through one's own efforts, but I doubt that excludes any form of initial assistance or financial backing. For instance, if someone is given 1000 dollars and they turn that into 10,000 dollars, does that mean that they did not become successful through their own efforts?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 5:46 am

Any post not about how people who are informed about Trump’s finances react is an off topic post.

In most cases threads that go off topic are allowed to stand.

If you have problem with another person deal with it by using the PM feature or report the person.

Ignoring the person is another option. There are members here I just do not engage with because I find them toxic.

There are threads I ignore because while they do not specifically violate WP guidelines, due to the topic I think it is only a matter of time before they do.

Occisionally I do report a thread if this keeps up this thread will be one of them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 8:46 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Self made means having become successful through one's own efforts, but I doubt that excludes any form of initial assistance or financial backing. For instance, if someone is given 1000 dollars and they turn that into 10,000 dollars, does that mean that they did not become successful through their own efforts?

I'd say there are degrees of success of being self made. Someone given $1000 still has a LONG way to go to their first Million, and thus if they achieve it or greater, they'd likely get a lot more respect than someone given $1M.. or $413M as it turns out.

Have you ever heard the phrase "The first Million is the hardest to make." ? It rings true. So, someone given $1,000 is due pretty much every bit of respect as someone starting with $0. Almost every bit, definitely compared to someone who was given $413M who then turned it into a few Billion and lied and said it was $10B+.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 5:03 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Any post not about how people who are informed about Trump’s finances react is an off topic post.

If you have problem with another person deal with it by using the PM feature or report the person.

Ignoring the person is another option. There are members here I just do not engage with because I find them toxic.

There are threads I ignore because while they do not specifically violate WP guidelines, due to the topic I think it is only a matter of time before they do.

Occisionally I do report a thread if this keeps up this thread will be one of them.

You're going to report my thread for what reason? What have I done other than ask a person who has been nasty and rude to please leave me alone? I don't want to send PMs to anyone, I don't want to reach out to someone privately to ask them to leave me alone because I don't want to talk to him at all. And I have reported him following me around several times and nothing has come of it, he still insists on posting in my thread, the only one I've created in months, just to bother me and make me feel not welcome here. I don't remember asking for your opinion on any of this either. I just wanted to have a discussion about Trump, without him following me. I've asked him so many times now just to leave me alone, I don't understand why this is reportable that I don't want to hear from someone who constantly attacks me for being a "hysterical liberal".

If it is against the rules somehow for me to make this thread that you want to report me, how is it not against the rules to try to bully someone off the forum? He's not even the first one to harass me in this way, there's another guy who until recently was constantly doing the same things, always popping into every thread I was participating in just to insult me, but he would do it without quoting me directly, just mention me by name and then personally insult me. It's sniping, and I'm tired of it. I won't be bullied away from here by guys like that, and you can go ahead and report me for that if you want to but it only makes you look petty for reporting someone for standing up to bullying and harassment.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 7:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

You're going to report my thread for what reason? What have I done other than ask a person who has been nasty and rude to please leave me alone? I don't want to send PMs to anyone, I don't want to reach out to someone privately to ask them to leave me alone because I don't want to talk to him at all. And I have reported him following me around several times and nothing has come of it, he still insists on posting in my thread, the only one I've created in months, just to bother me and make me feel not welcome here. I don't remember asking for your opinion on any of this either. I just wanted to have a discussion about Trump, without him following me. I've asked him so many times now just to leave me alone, I don't understand why this is reportable that I don't want to hear from someone who constantly attacks me for being a "hysterical liberal".

If it is against the rules somehow for me to make this thread that you want to report me, how is it not against the rules to try to bully someone off the forum? He's not even the first one to harass me in this way, there's another guy who until recently was constantly doing the same things, always popping into every thread I was participating in just to insult me, but he would do it without quoting me directly, just mention me by name and then personally insult me. It's sniping, and I'm tired of it. I won't be bullied away from here by guys like that, and you can go ahead and report me for that if you want to but it only makes you look petty for reporting someone for standing up to bullying and harassment.

EzraS did not reply to your post nor address you. You addressed him, and thus your back and forth conversation with him is perfectly acceptable. If you didn't want to communicate with him, all you had to do was nothing instead of initiating a conversation with him.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 7:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

EzraS did not reply to your post nor address you. You addressed him, and thus your back and forth conversation with him is perfectly acceptable. If you didn't want to communicate with him, all you had to do was nothing instead of initiating a conversation with him.

It's not just in this thread that I've experienced intimidation and bullying. The other person who likes to harass me doesn't quote me directly either. He just makes comments in threads that I'm participating in (like this one that I created) and insults me personally until I report him, and then he follows me to another thread and does it again. It's the same strategy this one is using. They think they can get around the rules against personal attacks and harassment if they don't quote me directly, just make it obvious that they are talking about me (including naming me, or slightly rewording a previous post of mine in the thread without quoting it directly and then insulting "whoever said that"). I won't tolerate harassment like that, and I shouldn't have to.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:03 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I'd say there are degrees of success of being self made. Someone given $1000 still has a LONG way to go to their first Million, and thus if they achieve it or greater, they'd likely get a lot more respect than someone given $1M.. or $413M as it turns out.

Have you ever heard the phrase "The first Million is the hardest to make." ? It rings true. So, someone given $1,000 is due pretty much every bit of respect as someone starting with $0. Almost every bit, definitely compared to someone who was given $413M who then turned it into a few Billion and lied and said it was $10B+.

Well I was saying 1000 into 10,000. Lots of people who are given money or win money, either don't grow it or lose it. If I were given $413M, I'd retire and buy an island.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:30 pm

:roll:

It's not going to work, I'm not going to stop participating in my own thread. Now I see people are just trying to get my thread locked. This is pretty childish. Keep trying to insert yourself into my space and harass me, and I'll keep standing up for myself. I don't like bullies and I don't back down from them. The strategies of bullies are very transparent to me, which makes them ineffective.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 4:06 am

:roll:

It's not going to work, I'm not going to stop participating in my own thread. Now I see people are just trying to get my thread locked. This is pretty childish. Keep trying to insert yourself into my space and harass me, and I'll keep standing up for myself. I don't like bullies and I don't back down from them. The strategies of bullies are very transparent to me, which makes them ineffective.

:roll: He responded to me, and once again, didn’t mention it reference you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 6:26 am

If I report this thread it would be to report the thread not to report a member. I would report this thread because it has devolved into personal backbiting between members and is serving no useful purpose. The mistake I have made is getting sucked into it. I won’t post again in this thread unless it is to reply to a post related to the original topic or at least something news and current events related.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 4:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Well I was saying 1000 into 10,000. Lots of people who are given money or win money, either don't grow it or lose it. If I were given $413M, I'd retire and buy an island.

Again, it’s a scale. They deserve more respect than the guy given $413M who multiplied it to $3.6B or whatever, but less than someone who starts with zero and goes to $10k. More respect than the other ~10x multiplier because it’s far more difficult to grow smaller amounts than Millions & often requires labour investment decisions and there’s not much margin for error as a few K setback could mean bankruptcy vs being easily absorbed.