would you report theft on police if teacher confiscated..?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 6:46 pm

would you report a theft on police if a teacher confiscated your phone? :mrgreen:

What do you think about 18 yo hi-school student who would give a police a teacher who would take her cell phone for disturbing the lesson?

I wonder how it looks in other countries than in my country (Poland)

I once spoke on the forum with one friend on the discussion forum, an officer of our Polish Police.

For the truth about some funny situations that met him as a policeman.

He said that one day his colleague would accept a report on theft, an Iphone phone or Samsung Galaxy, as he told me, from a 18-year-old girl, a high school student.

It turned out that she played with the phone during the lesson, and the teacher confiscated it. Normally Polish parents would give permission to the students, allowing them to confiscate items that interfere with school activities, normally they are returned immediately after school, after a week or even at the end of the semester, depending on the school's policy.

But this is only in the case of underage students, in the case of these adult students, it gets more complicated :-)

So one of the teacher's teacher was punished by smartphone and suspended for two days.
Then he did not want to give her that smarthon, he would give her back at the end of the school year.

But this girl went to the police and wanted to report the theft of this phone by this teacher, from a legal point of view she could do something like that

My friend said that his colleague, another cop, wanted to talk her out of this, that it would be a bit legal overkill.

They told her that she was in graduation class, and there is nothing to antagonize with the teachers a few months before graduation :-)
That reporting a crime against a father especially in such a trivial case can seriously harm them.

This cop, my friend, said that if it was his daughter, even if she was 18 years old, he would treat her with a father's belt, despite being an enemy of corporal punishment towards children, and it is forbidden in our country :-)

He said that few times he also participated in so-called forced entries, that woman change the lock in the house and not allow the husband to the house even if he's the legal owner, during a divorce, or opposite that guy throws wife from a house in a similar circumstance.

He said that he's dismayed that adult people cannot get along with them in a civilized way :-)

My friend policeman told this girl that she would have done better if she swallowed her pride with her parents than doing it's nuclear as we in Poland say and file an official theft report :D

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:32 pm

No. A teacher can take your phone.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 10:22 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
would you report a theft on police if a teacher confiscated your phone? :mrgreen:

What do you think about 18 yo hi-school student who would give a police a teacher who would take her cell phone for disturbing the lesson?

I likely wouldn't have, but neither would I have peacefully let the jerk keep it the rest of the school year.
The nonsense about phones keeping kids from paying attention is so bogus. School being boring and uninteresting keeps pupils from paying attention. Take it from a life long day dreamer! :mrgreen:

If I was in school and saw someone else go that way, I wouldn't assume they'd win, but outside the classroom (read: when I wouldn't get in trouble for it) I would cheer it on and laugh about it with the rest of the youth.

pawelk1986 wrote:
So one of the teacher's teacher was punished by smartphone and suspended for two days.

That pleases me way more than it should! :twisted:

pawelk1986 wrote:
Then he did not want to give her that smarthon, he would give her back at the end of the school year.

Not acceptable. Go back to the police, girl.

pawelk1986 wrote:
That reporting a crime against a father especially in such a trivial case can seriously harm them.

Oh boo hoo. Just give the phone back then! Problem solved
He should have thought of that before he did so then.

It's not trivial if it's YOUR thing that got taken.

And the father plea is ridiculous. Same as I say when criminals complain "but I have kids"
Boo hoo, don't do the crime then

pawelk1986 wrote:
This cop, my friend, said that if it was his daughter, even if she was 18 years old, he would treat her with a father's belt, despite being an enemy of corporal punishment towards children, and it is forbidden in our country

Then it sounds like he's a candidate for jail time too. If he's a father too the two of them can chat about that in jail :D

This is probably colored by my hating school and being allergic to teachers, but threads like these make me feel that teen defiance all over again.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 3:54 am

Skilpadde wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

I likely wouldn't have, but neither would I have peacefully let the jerk keep it the rest of the school year.
The nonsense about phones keeping kids from paying attention is so bogus. School being boring and uninteresting keeps pupils from paying attention. Take it from a life long day dreamer! :mrgreen:

If I was in school and saw someone else go that way, I wouldn't assume they'd win, but outside the classroom (read: when I wouldn't get in trouble for it) I would cheer it on and laugh about it with the rest of the youth.

pawelk1986 wrote:

That pleases me way more than it should! :twisted:

pawelk1986 wrote:

Not acceptable. Go back to the police, girl.

pawelk1986 wrote:

Oh boo hoo. Just give the phone back then! Problem solved
He should have thought of that before he did so then.

It's not trivial if it's YOUR thing that got taken.

And the father plea is ridiculous. Same as I say when criminals complain "but I have kids"
Boo hoo, don't do the crime then

pawelk1986 wrote:
This cop, my friend, said that if it was his daughter, even if she was 18 years old, he would treat her with a father's belt, despite being an enemy of corporal punishment towards children, and it is forbidden in our country

Then it sounds like he's a candidate for jail time too. If he's a father too the two of them can chat about that in jail :D

This is probably colored by my hating school and being allergic to teachers, but threads like these make me feel that teen defiance all over again.

Another friend of mine also has a similar opinion.
That the teacher has the full right to punish unruly spoiled kid, but the means provided by the regulations, such as suspension or reprimand with an entry into the file, that for someone who thinks about a good university would certainly give to thought :mrgreen: the student would care that the teacher would withdraw the reprimand.

That the teacher has the right to confiscate the phone but should hand it over at the end of the day.