Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Quival
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2019, 6:01 am

I find myself a lot angrier since growing up. I lose my temper quick and Im irritable most days, like I'm always on edge.

Anyone else here get like that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:18 am

What makes you happy?

I try to emphasize what makes me happy, so I don't get angry so much.

This is coming from a person who has had temper issues in the past.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 9:38 am

Yes i'm often angry. At myself though since i trust people too often and idealize them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2019, 11:01 pm

I was angry aLOT as a kid & teen. Some of that was cuz I had lots of disabilities that were not really understood & people weren't even fully aware of all of them. I was stressed out from skewl aLOT & having parents on my back about doing homework & my poor grades that were due to dyslexia, just stressed me out alot. I had a lot of anger with my mom after I graduated cuz she was on my back alot about me not working even thou I was putting in lots of apps.
My anger is alot better now that I'm no longer living with my parents & am living with my girlfriend instead. She understands me aLOT better & supports me alot better. I'm also on psych meds that help with my anxiety, OCD, & depression which also helps. Plus I'm on an antipsychotic partly so I don't get angry quite as easily which also helsp.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 1:25 pm

When i was an immature kid, i used to get angry. As i went into my 20's it decreased and by 30 i almost never get angry. Hardly get any emotional outburst at all nowadays, but it has happened.

Basically i go through the days feeling numbs...

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 10:55 pm

When I was younger I had a lot of problems with anger and even rage. I would realize that not only was I screaming, but I felt my face get hot, and pounding pulses. I started cutting back on anger when I realized how much damage it was doing to me and to loved ones.

With time, I realized most of my anger was not worth the emotional cost, that it was about stupid things, that in fact much of the problems could be traced back to me, etc.

I am more or less cooled down. There are a few things that still push me over the edge. I am at least aware of the antecedents and know it is my job to recognize and change.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 11:20 pm

I thought I grew less so, but when exposed to the same situations that caused me anger n anxiety as a child/teen,
I become exactly the same. Angry And/or , anxious and/or sad and/or followed by meltdown anf definitely a shutdown

I honestly believed i had cured myself of that
I had not
It will not go away
Its my brain getting overloaded from social things

I can handle other things but need constant guidance n reassurance or I shutdown
So basically independence n isolation is just as bad fr me

No solution no cure

I am completely incapable and easily angered by n fixated on social inconsistencies and injustices

Social anything

It’s hard to acknowledge that. I truly thought it cd and did change with all my effort n therapy n privately working on myself with affirmations, exposure, socializing , etc..
nope

I am exactly the same

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 11:21 pm

Only difference is more restraint or awareness to know its coming on so i can go hide n meltdown in private
N rant online (here)

Si thats the only change

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jan 2019, 3:47 am

I get angry when people don't understand or don't believe me.
Especially when I don't even understand why they can't understand what I'm talking about.
Like, how am I supposed to know why/ what you don't understand?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:02 am

I have brief flashes of anger when I screw up. My tendency towards apathy usually causes my anger to dissipate.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 1:06 pm

I used to have angry outbursts (before I went on meds), because I was angry with myself for having Asperger's. I used to hit myself in the head out of pure anger, and shout, swear, slam doors, verbally abuse family members, and cry. Since I've been on meds I've been able to control this.

But I still feel angry sometimes, like when I'm stuck walking behind slow people in the street or when cars pull in or out of every turning that I walk across, or when a toddler is making a noise near me. Obviously I don't show myself up when angry.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Jan 2019, 11:02 pm

Joe90 wrote:
and shout, swear, slam doors, verbally abuse family members, and cry. Since I've been on meds I've been able to control this..
I was like that aLOT with my parents & it quit 1ce I moved in with my girlfriend. I'm sure the meds I'm on help me from getting less angry but I think the biggest factor was getting out of a hellish environment & being with someone who understands, accepts, & supports me instead of criticizing me & putting me down.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm

I get angry a lot ( or at least I think it's anger ) but I internalise it 99% of the time , the other 1% of the time I lose my s**t and break things ( usually my hands :roll: )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm

I don't get angry so much as I get frustrated and will vent my frustration from time to time.

I did get angry more often, but I've learned to manage it. Anger is something you can learn to manage, to deal with. You're never going to be perfect, but you'll be better able to remain calm

youcameandchanged
Raven
Raven

29 Jan 2019, 8:23 am

BTW, who else has felt torn between expressing their anger as part of their individuality and the fact that most manifestations of anger are not healthy? I only learned how to stop my anger at an age when my personality was halfway set, so I'm like this. Also, another problem would be that for a long time, I suppressed my individuality. I'm not like that anymore, but of course, this part of my individuality can't just be expressed freely and without control, but I also take suggestions that maybe I should change as people trying to control me yet again.

Agustin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2019, 3:31 pm

I am prone to getting angry pretty easily! Probably because several expectations in life turned out far from what I would of needed them to be.