Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:52 am

Piobaire wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 12:56 pm

How many Republicans who whined about it can even tell me what an email server is?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 12:58 pm

EzraS wrote:
Okay I'll wait for Mueller's investigation to be over before I start seeing the boogeyman. Those who challenge the prediction of an immanent climate apocalypse are just less easily swayed than the others. The left in general seem to think a kid should get beaten up and tossed in a woodchipper for wearing a smile and a baseball cap.

Actually they just think that being a smarmy xenophobe in everyone's faces is tasteless.

Your generalizations are slanderous personal attacks against a group. We should be reporting those, I'm just disinterested in feeding this trolling habit.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2019, 5:56 pm

Saying there's not Deep State is laughably absurd.

It is simply the nefarious parts of the administrative state, those who remain when the political appointees go. This would be the CIA, NSA, and the rest of the intelligence/counter-intelligence community.

Anyone who tells me they don't do shady stuff is on crack*.

*Presumably made from the same cocaine the CIA smuggled into the United States.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:25 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

It is simply the nefarious parts of the administrative state, those who remain when the political appointees go. This would be the CIA, NSA, and the rest of the intelligence/counter-intelligence community.

The notion of the deep state is a misnomer, it's not so deep, states just do this stuff when they get too powerful.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:39 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Please be careful not to attack the person - stick to the argument, please.

AQ 40
ASD-1

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 7:08 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

What you call the Deep State in regard to the CIA running coke into the country, which fueled the crack epidemic, was never acting without the consent of the Reagan administration. Hardly what the Right describes as nefarious, out of control government operatives working from the shadows to derail the innocent, pure as the driven snow Trump Presidency.
If anything, Trump and his team meeting with the Russians in order to win the Presidential election, then becoming beholden to V. Putin as to do his bidding at the expense of America, fits much more with Reagan's illegal machinations.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 10:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
I'm not surprised. But I'm still sceptical of this Russia/Wikileaks/Stone thing.

The Deep State has every motive to try and discredit Wikileaks. The Russia thing was a perfect opportunity for them.

The Deep State is a bogeyman invented by the right to explain away the case against Trump.

Deep states have existed in many many countries, over many years and given their attraction to power, it would be utterly shocking if a superpower did not have at least one or, more likely, several vying for dominance.

A deep state is simply a hybrid association of elements of government/police/public-service and parts of top-level finance/industry/media/defence sectors that are effectively able to govern without reference to the consent of the governed as expressed through the formal political process.

You cannot be seriously suggesting that such things do not exist.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 10:54 pm

cberg wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Okay I'll wait for Mueller's investigation to be over before I start seeing the boogeyman. Those who challenge the prediction of an immanent climate apocalypse are just less easily swayed than the others. The left in general seem to think a kid should get beaten up and tossed in a woodchipper for wearing a smile and a baseball cap.

Actually they just think that being a smarmy xenophobe in everyone's faces is tasteless.

Your generalizations are slanderous personal attacks against a group.

If there hadn't been so much social media outcry for psychical violence up to murdering some kid who was just smiling, then you might have a point, but there was, so you don't. The reactions against that kid were absolutely revolting and far worse than anything he did.

cberg wrote:
We should be reporting those, I'm just disinterested in feeding this trolling habit.

That was an actual personal attack and it was reported.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:02 pm

The reactions to some little race baiting s**t weren't remotely surprising. If you're in someone's face about a cause you know offends them, they're going to want to fight back.

Now I know you're trolling. Just chill already. We can't have hard-line internet police, sorry brother.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:09 pm

cberg wrote:
The reactions to some little race baiting s**t weren't remotely surprising. If you're in someone's face about a cause you know offends them, they're going to want to fight back.

Now I know you're trolling. Just chill already. We can't have hard-line internet police, sorry brother.

Also reported.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm

Lol

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:12 pm

That kid was not just smiling, anyone with a solid U.S. history education knows a re-run when they see it.

I mean I don't really think the mods will ban me over advocating for our equality but feel free to try me over it eh?

Banning me because you dislike me is off topic anyway; I say if this is the law & order presidency, lock up the criminals! Why would we logically care if that includes the president? That's just not how the law works.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:23 pm

cberg wrote:
That kid was not just smiling, anyone with a solid U.S. history education knows a re-run when they see it.

I mean I don't really think the mods will ban me over advocating for our equality but feel free to try me over it eh?

Accusing me of trolling is a defamatory personal attack.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:56 pm

No, it's commonplace internet rhetoric when someone is pushing an agenda beyond the realms of good taste.