Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 3:15 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The "deep state" or call it what you will has proved to be real long before Trump. Iran Contra, the Iraq war etc.

Lol. The US launched a coup in the Ukraine, supporting neo Nazis and overthrowing a democratically elected leader then installing a US puppet. The regime then outlawed the Russian language in the Crimea that used to be part of Russia and is largely Russian speaking. There was always a military base there.

You seem to be saying the Deep State is a shadow government running things outside the control of the elected President. That is not what Iran-Contra was. It was a matter of Reagan using the CIA to circumvent congress in order to support his pet anti-communist project.
The President of Ukraine had been supported by Putin through cyber warfare, as in the case of America during the last Presidential election. This man was a vacuous Russian puppet.
If there were Nazis involved with the new Ukrainian government, they were still doubtlessly a tiny minority.
Admittedly, the Russian language shouldn't be outlawed in the Crimea. Rather, it would be a lot smarter to offer friendship to the Russian population there.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! !! !! !

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! ! ! ! !

He really does look like a Batman villain, doesn't he. :lol:

And what's with the Richard Nixon tattoo?? That's just weird and really creepy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! ! ! ! !

He really does look like a Batman villain, doesn't he. :lol:

And what's with the Richard Nixon tattoo?? That's just weird and really creepy.

They can call him... The Nixonator! Whenever he commits a crime, he can raise his arms in the air with the V for victory sign.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 10:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It makes sense to be scared of Putin. Again, he has it out for us.

It's just taking over 20 years for the boogeyman to finally make his big move against the US.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Being scared of the Apocalypse is something people on your side of the aisle who are of a fundamentalist religious bent promote.

So once again the left is emulating the worst aspects of the right.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm not scared of sneering kids in MAGA hats; I just want to give them a quick kick in the a$$.

I didn't say scared, I said perpetually outraged over things like smiling kids in baseball caps. To the point of wanting to violently abuse and even kill them from what I've seen across social media.

Just pointing out why I'm not too interested in signing up as one of the righteous.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:05 pm

The indictment of Roger Stone looks to me like they're at the point of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
The indictment of Roger Stone looks to me like they're at the point of having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Well Stone scraped said bottom of barrel for Trump for years, I think you're grasping for straws dude.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's just taking over 20 years for the boogeyman to finally make his big move against the US.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Being scared of the Apocalypse is something people on your side of the aisle who are of a fundamentalist religious bent promote.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm not scared of sneering kids in MAGA hats; I just want to give them a quick kick in the a$$.

I didn't say scared, I said perpetually outraged over things like smiling kids in baseball caps. To the point of wanting to violently abuse and even kill them from what I've seen across social media.

Just pointing out why I'm not too interested in signing up as one of the righteous.

Even Ernst Stavro Blofeld has to take his time to dream up schemes to destroy James Bond.
I'm not speaking as a liberal about fundies and holy rollers, but as a mainline Protestant and Lutheran.
Those MAGA hat wearing kids were corrupted by right wing adults. I should have said that I wanted to kick the a$$ of those particular adults.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Even Ernst Stavro Blofeld has to take his time to dream up schemes to destroy James Bond.
I'm not speaking as a liberal about fundies and holy rollers, but as a mainline Protestant and Lutheran.
Those MAGA hat wearing kids were corrupted by right wing adults. I should have said that I wanted to kick the a$$ of those particular adults.

And that's way so many view the paranoia over Russia as ridiculous.
But it's still just another different version of the same same thing.
Collective over-the-top outrage over basically nothing, as usual.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:51 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

And that's way so many view the paranoia over Russia as ridiculous.
But it's still just another different version of the same same thing.
Collective over-the-top outrage over basically nothing, as usual.

You ignore Russia not only at your own peril, but your country's as well.
My religious upbringing makes me contemptuous of that Apocalypse, Revelations literalism. Conservatives and liberals of my persuasion would agree with me.
How many times has the right been outraged over nothing at all?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You're debunking the notion of paranoia by posting something that looks like it was lifted from 1950's paranoia. Along with comparing the supposed theat to something out of 1950's spy novels. And I'm supposed to take it seriously.

Kraichgauer wrote:
My religious upbringing makes me contemptuous of that Apocalypse, Revelations literalism. Conservatives and liberals of my persuasion would agree with me.

And yet there's the left's version of prognosticating the apocalypse and telling everyone we are in the end times and need to become believers to attain salvation from fiery damnation.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Another "we're being just like them" defense.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You're debunking the notion of paranoia by posting something that looks like it was lifted from 1950's paranoia. Along with comparing the supposed theat to something out of 1950's spy novels. And I'm supposed to take it seriously.

Kraichgauer wrote:

And yet there's the left's version of prognosticating the apocalypse and telling everyone we are in the end times and need to become believers to attain salvation from fiery damnation.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Another "we're being just like them" defense.

While the red scare of the 1950's was overblown within America, the fact remained the Soviet Union was an expansionary enemy power. Putin's Russia is also a danger that meddles in the affairs of other countries, and has even invaded neighbors.
When has the left ever said everyone has to become true believers?
You do know that those smirking kids in the MAGA hats came across as insensitive racists, don't you?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 3:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
While the red scare of the 1950's was overblown within America, the fact remained the Soviet Union was an expansionary enemy power. Putin's Russia is also a danger that meddles in the affairs of other countries, and has even invaded neighbors.
You do know that those smirking kids in the MAGA hats came across as insensitive racists, don't you?

A great many countries have meddled in the affairs of other countries. And the US is the world's leader in such. The worst Putin might have done against the US in over 20 years was to phish the DNC for dirty emails and have stuff posted on Twitter. I'm not ready to become terrified quite yet.
Every time they become apoplectic over climate apocalypse deniers.
No because I'm not indoctrinated in the hat-crime face-crime mentality that wants to beat up kids and stick them in woodchippers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 3:57 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A great many countries have meddled in the affairs of other countries. And the US is the world's leader in such. The worst Putin might have done against the US in over 20 years was to phish the DNC for dirty emails and have stuff posted on Twitter. I'm not ready to become terrified quite yet.
Every time they become apoplectic over climate apocalypse deniers.
No because I'm not indoctrinated in the hat-crime face-crime mentality that wants to beat up kids and stick them in woodchippers.

Wait till the Mueller investigation is made public. I suspect it'll show more than a phishing expedition.
Climate change is terrifying. Deniers stick their heads into holes in the ground.
I expect kids attending a Catholic school to be better behaved. And what were they doing taking partisan sides in secular politics, anyhow?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:57 am

Okay I'll wait for Mueller's investigation to be over before I start seeing the boogeyman. Those who challenge the prediction of an immanent climate apocalypse are just less easily swayed than the others. The left in general seem to think a kid should get beaten up and tossed in a woodchipper for wearing a smile and a baseball cap.