Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

Has anyone seen the Queen biopic in theaters?

It was released digitally a few days ago. I really recommend it to those who haven't seen it yet. It's better than any movie anyone's ever promised you, darling, it's a bloody masterpiece!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:01 pm

I saw it in theaters and loved it! :mrgreen:

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:23 pm

I loved it too. I didn't care that the facts were not exactly right, they did a great job of replicating the LiveAid performance... I also think Rami Malek did a bang up job of Freddy mercury. I cried over the Aids stuff. Totally recommend.

AQ 40
ASD-1

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:44 pm

feeli0 wrote:
I loved it too. I didn't care that the facts were not exactly right, they did a great job of replicating the LiveAid performance... I also think Rami Malek did a bang up job of Freddy mercury. I cried over the Aids stuff. Totally recommend.

I've come to understand that every "true story" movie tends to mess up the facts but that's only because real life is pretty boring for a movie and the filmmakers have to make story interesting for the viewers.

This was still a great movie though! :D As a gay man myself I found it inspirational to see a movie about another gay man who lived exactly how he wanted to live and became one of the most famous and talented musicians in the world. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:46 pm

Despite the inaccuracies in the film, it was a great movie nonetheless! :mrgreen:

Rami Malek was brilliant as Freddie Mercury and if Christian Bale doesn't win Best Actor for his performance in Vice, IMO, Rami Malek could easily pull off a victory over Bale.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 7:23 pm

If I had a mansion like Freddy Mercury I would give each of my cats their own bedroom too. :cat:

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2019, 3:30 am

The only messed up fact in this one, is: they show him telling the band he had Aids just before they go on stage at Live Aid. In reality he was diagnosed 2 years after that.
I really can't see how it wiukd be unexciting to follow the truth. What they show is implausible and detracts from the film.
But yes, most of it is well done around both the musical development and accompanying family issues.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2019, 9:26 am

Saw it three times in theatres and enjoyed it thoroughly.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 5:10 pm

Saw it in the theater a couple months ago - Rami Malek was bloody amazing, my hat is off to him, and if he wins the Oscar for best actor it will be well deserved. But otherwise,it was a pretty meh film - off the top of my head better biopics would include The Aviator and Ray.

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2019, 11:09 am

I saw it in the movie theaters with my dad and sister. It was really good! They included a lot of little details that made it more accurate (for example, Freddie's cats, and how the beer cups were very specifically placed on Freddie's piano during Live Aid)

I think it was pretty good. I would recommend watching it if you haven't seen it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 3:15 pm

I saw it at the cinema. It was good.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 5:17 pm

Excellent Academy Award Winning performance by Rami Malek

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

MannyBoo wrote:

I concur!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 7:46 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:

I concur!

Me, too! He and the music are the highlights of the film!

Dread10ck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2019, 2:29 am

Saw it with my 14 year old NT daughter who likes Queen but knew very little about the band or Freddie Mercury. She loved it, and was teary-eyed for the entire final act.
The precision of Remi Malek's performance, his choices and the quality of craftsmanship surpassed everything else in the movie - even the music.
The film was an acting masterclass.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 3:02 pm

Didn't get to it in theaters, but rented it first chance I got. Holy sh*t was it good. If you could look past the chronological liberties and cliches they put in the movie, you were in for a great story with a great cast and great music. I was a Queen fan going into it (thanks, Wayne's World), but it led me to discover some of their songs that I had missed like Keep Yourself Alive and Love Of My Life.