Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 7:28 pm

I've been thinking of taking green tea extracts so I can lose weight (I weight 220 pounds), but I am concerned about how it will affect my liver. Has anyone here had experience with taking these? I want to be able to know I am doing the right thing regardless.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm

Just drink green tea. It has a long history of human usage, and it's safe as long as you are OK with caffeine.
Losing weight is only the result of reducing calorie intake and increasing calorie usage, along with some genetic factors.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 10:56 am

Green tea extracts in high enough doses can cause liver and kidney damage.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2019, 8:50 am

I agree with AspE! Just drink it. Try not to add sugar to it. If you do need a sweetener, raw honey is probably the best.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2019, 7:30 pm

WitchsCat wrote:
I've been thinking of taking green tea extracts so I can lose weight (I weight 220 pounds), but I am concerned about how it will affect my liver. Has anyone here had experience with taking these? I want to be able to know I am doing the right thing regardless.

If you want to lose half your damaged liver to it, try it, but don't say after that the warning signs weren't there.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 8:59 pm

AspE wrote:
Just drink green tea. It has a long history of human usage, and it's safe as long as you are OK with caffeine.
Losing weight is only the result of reducing calorie intake and increasing calorie usage, along with some genetic factors.

Yes, exactly all of the above.

Drink Green Tea, especially good quality Japanese Green Tea, from Kyoto or Shizuoka.

Plus the act of drinking warm tea is like a mild relaxing soothing method for a few minutes.