Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:48 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Now that I've posted in this thread, let's see how long it takes my fan club to show up, "coincidentally" posting in every thread I do in every conversation I participate in. There's an established pattern there, too. :lol:

Karathrace - this can be seen as trolling, posting something to get a reaction. Was this your intention in posting such a controversial subject? Not that it is your topic. Just responding to your comment above.

My aim as a mod is to see less fighting in these forums, not more. I think we all know where each other stands on Incels. The posting of Incel stuff is banned and that should apply to anti-Incel stuff too.

Flagging this to discuss with other mods.

AQ 40
ASD-1

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:54 pm

Basically, the disorder of Incels can be called the "Elliot Rodger Disease."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 7:30 pm

feeli0 wrote:
... Flagging this to discuss with other mods.
My Cr0.02...

Just as it is important to keep current on the characteristic behaviors of trolls, terrorists, scammers, political extremists, and the radical religionists, so too is it necessary to keep current on the characteristic behaviors of Incel Extremists and to identify them and their crimes.

I am not referring to the 'merely' celibate -- the ones who start the numerous "I can't get a girlfriend" threads, and who constantly complain about their situations with no end in sight.

I am referring to those men who blame women for their celibate status, and who see see nothing wrong with raping and murdering women, as if it was their right to take what they want or retaliate for not getting it.

But we must be careful to not automatically label a man who maligns feminism or who commits a violent act against one woman as an "Incel Terrorist". These people are misguided (to say the least), but they are not terrorists.

We must also be careful to exercise due vigilance, and act or speak against anyone who would submit a post that in any way defends the actions or words of an Incel Terrorist or anyone who promotes subjugation or violence against women (or men, for that matter).

Anyway, I've used up my Cr0.02 here, so let the mods (and Alex) take it and deal with it as they will.

Thank you.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 8:49 pm

feeli0 wrote:
Now that I've posted in this thread, let's see how long it takes my fan club to show up, "coincidentally" posting in every thread I do in every conversation I participate in. There's an established pattern there, too. :lol:

Karathrace - this can be seen as trolling, posting something to get a reaction. Was this your intention in posting such a controversial subject? Not that it is your topic. Just responding to your comment above.

My aim as a mod is to see less fighting in these forums, not more. I think we all know where each other stands on Incels. The posting of Incel stuff is banned and that should apply to anti-Incel stuff too.

I never made this thread, so why are you saying this to me? You're not just responding to what I said above, you're talking to me like I'm responsible for the topic of this thread when I'm not the one who made it. I hope you include that fact in your "discussion". And I hope you mean that you're flagging the thread and not me, because once again I DIDN'T MAKE THIS THREAD. Wtf???

If you have a f*****g problem with the topic of a thread, how about you take it up WITH THE PERSON WHO CREATED THAT THREAD. Wouldn't that be more fair then commenting to me about it, don't you think? I'd really like a response to this in the thread and not in PM, because I want everyone here to see it. Since you made it public to take this issue up with me when I didn't make this thread, I want open discussion in this thread about why you chose to say that to me and not the OP. I want some f*****g transparency on how you guys moderate this forum because this is getting ridiculous.

I'd like to say one more time for the record: Please refer to page one of this thread to make note of who created it, because IT WASN'T ME. I won't stand for any more of this gaslighting BS, I want this all out in the open for everyone to see that I have mods calling me a troll for the subject of threads I didn't even make in the first place. Don't take up issues with me that I didn't create, surely you can see how unfair that is. Can't you?

I want to post that meme from Zoolander, because I really feel like I've been taking crazy pills. Can someone else who's reading this thread please speak up and let me know that you recognize that I didn't make this thread so I can know that I'm not completely out of my mind, please!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 8:56 pm

I strongly appreciate the messages and phrasing of Kraftie Kortie and Ford.

Firstly, Kraftie referring to incel as a disorder is apt, and a better term than mine, which was ‘mental illness’.

Secondly, Fnord is so very correct in pointing out that this is dangerous thinking, and that when blatant threats are made we all have a responsibility to acknowledge and report anything that threatens potential violence.

Thank you, Kraftie and Ford.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:04 pm

feeli0 wrote:

Sorry if I posted something bannable. I found the CBC article interesting because it supported a lot of the intellectual discussions of Incels that had taken place here, in particular that its not your average lonely person who is an Incel, but rather the radical man/woman hater. (Actually it matched some of the conversations so closely, I wondered if the author had been reading here!)

Kara, I don’t think the mod is accusing you of trolling by starting the thread, but is referring to your comment about your “fan club “.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:09 pm

Whether you call it "mental illness" or a "disorder," it's deeply disturbing. I'd heard the word "incel" thrown about on this site a few times, but didn't know that much about it. Then I researched Eliot Rodgers, and found out that he has been lionized and become a beacon to a twisted movement. I'm speechless!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:10 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
feeli0 wrote:

Sorry if I posted something bannable. I found the CBC article interesting because it supported a lot of the intellectual discussions of Incels that had taken place here, in particular that its not your average lonely person who is an Incel, but rather the radical man/woman hater. (Actually it matched some of the conversations so closely, I wondered if the author had been reading here!)

Kara, I don’t think the mod is accusing you of trolling by starting the thread, but is referring to your comment about your “fan club “.

If that is the case, she probably should have made a separate comment directed at you since you are the one who made the thread, and not included that in her comment towards me, to avoid confusion. Because it sure looks to me like I'm getting blamed for something I didn't do.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

I am personally glad that someone started a discussion about the incel disorder, which is how I am seeing it.

I believe that this is a threat and deserves our attention.

I believe that we at WP can discuss this and stay within the guidelines of WP.

I hope that this thread will not be locked.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 12:00 am

feeli0 wrote:

I never made this thread, so why are you saying this to me? You're not just responding to what I said above, you're talking to me like I'm responsible for the topic of this thread when I'm not the one who made it. I hope you include that fact in your "discussion". And I hope you mean that you're flagging the thread and not me, because once again I DIDN'T MAKE THIS THREAD. Wtf???

If you have a f*****g problem with the topic of a thread, how about you take it up WITH THE PERSON WHO CREATED THAT THREAD. Wouldn't that be more fair then commenting to me about it, don't you think? I'd really like a response to this in the thread and not in PM, because I want everyone here to see it. Since you made it public to take this issue up with me when I didn't make this thread, I want open discussion in this thread about why you chose to say that to me and not the OP. I want some f*****g transparency on how you guys moderate this forum because this is getting ridiculous.

I'd like to say one more time for the record: Please refer to page one of this thread to make note of who created it, because IT WASN'T ME. I won't stand for any more of this gaslighting BS, I want this all out in the open for everyone to see that I have mods calling me a troll for the subject of threads I didn't even make in the first place. Don't take up issues with me that I didn't create, surely you can see how unfair that is. Can't you?

I want to post that meme from Zoolander, because I really feel like I've been taking crazy pills. Can someone else who's reading this thread please speak up and let me know that you recognize that I didn't make this thread so I can know that I'm not completely out of my mind, please!

I do apologise for not separating my comment to you regarding the "fan club" reference and the thread in general. I shouldn't have added that on to the comment I made to you. I do not hold you responsible for starting this thread. I did say that, but obviously not clearly enough.

OK - not addressed to Kara but to the thread in general - It does appear that Incels have not come swarming in to fight, and so far the tone has been civil. So carry on.

AQ 40
ASD-1

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 1:33 am

I am very glad that this thread will continue.

I was quite unaware of this group but have seen references on other threads; thanks to the links on this one, I know
and am extremely disturbed by what I see as violence caused or strongly encouraged by these sites.

I had no idea of the praise and admiration given to these disturbed mass murderers.

I live in California, and remember the misery caused by Eliot Rodgers.

His poor parents were heartbroken: they had tried and tried to help him.

Yet he is considered an example to be emulated?

I read reprinted emails from incels who followed his example; they have given him a title!

They call him ‘the gentleman’! !

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2019, 9:02 am

There is no need for more attention or promote a movement made in his infamous legacy! Spoilt rich upper-middle class brats have carried out terror attacks because of their selfish reasons.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 9:08 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
There is no need for more attention or promote a movement made in his infamous legacy! Spoilt rich upper-middle class brats have carried out terror attacks because of their selfish reasons.
It is not just the "Spoilt rich upper-middle class brats" who carry out terrorist acts; it is also brain-washed people from every economic and social class.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm

So very sadly true.

They are actively pushing an agenda of spreading their hate.

They are proselytizing to young men worldwide, influencing them towards hatred and potential violence.

That, to me, is what a terrorist is.